Per NFL Total Acesss, The 49'ers are going with... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per NFL Total Acesss, The 49'ers are going with...

I say.. DRAFT EDWARDS! (Or trade down with Minnie who wants Edwards)

does this need a new thread?

It doesn't really matter either way. The Bucs want either QB, and Minny and Cleveland both want Edwards. It's not the end of the wor;d

ChambersWI said:
does this need a new thread?

It doesn't really matter either way. The Bucs want either QB, and Minny and Cleveland both want Edwards. It's not the end of the wor;d

ummm how do u kno all of this? Are you personal friends wit Jon Gruden/Romeo Crennel?

This does hurt us a little if San Fran takes Smith. If Gruden was really trading up for Smith, we just lost a trading partner. Lucky for us, it seems like Minny is still really interested in Edwards, so we still do have a partner out there.

I actually think thats great. Now Saban will not take Rodgers and hopefully trade down with Tampa or Minnesota. I dont know who I would prefer because I dont know what would be offered really. According to that chart, it would Minnesota's two firsts and a third. Tampa Bays first, second, and third. Right now I would almost lean towards Minnesota because I have been reading about Onterio Smith and I like what the guy brings. If they threw in both firsts and Smith that leaves us to take Mike Williams assuming he isnt taken by Tampa Bay or Troy Williamson or BDPA. Then with the later choice maybe pickup thomas davis from georgia if he is still there at 18. Then in the 2nd pick up Frye.

Nublar7 said:
This does hurt us a little if San Fran takes Smith. If Gruden was really trading up for Smith, we just lost a trading partner. Lucky for us, it seems like Minny is still really interested in Edwards, so we still do have a partner out there.

According to the analyst on NFL access SF is trying to regain the power position in the draft so they have more options. According to them, teams seem more apt to negotiate w/Miami because they're assuming SF will take Rodgers. Now, tossing out the doubt of uncertainty on who they're going to pick teams will more likely have to trade w/them instead of Maimi......giving them more options.

so-long-Ricky said:
According to the analyst on NFL access SF is trying to regain the power position in the draft so they have more options. According to them, teams seem more apt to negotiate w/Miami because they're assuming SF will take Rodgers. Now, tossing out the doubt of uncertainty on who they're going to pick teams will more likely have to trade w/them instead of Maimi......giving them more options.

I will buy that.

This is BS. San Fran saw that Miami is getting all kinds of attention for the possibility of a trade and now they want some. Since the trade is centered around Alex Smith, they are now jumping on late trying to get a good deal. It may work, but I see right through it. The Niners want Rodgers and it is the safest pick. This is BS.

Why would the Niners need to go with the safe pick? They were horrible last year, they are going to be horrible this season. That isn't a knock on the new coachng staff, they simply don't have the talent. Smith probably would not have to play this year. The Niners intimating that they may pick Smith won't entice the Vikings to trade up, only the Bucs. The safe choice isn't the best choice in this circumstance. Smith as time has passed has started to distance himself in terms of potential franchise QB quality from Rodgers. People who say San Fran picking Smith is BS only want it be BS because they have visions of a draft day coup where the Saban robs somebody blind and make this team an instant playoff contender. If the Niners take Smith, and Vikings decide to trade up with somebody else because it would cost less, I'd love Brown at #2.

Samphin said:
This is BS. San Fran saw that Miami is getting all kinds of attention for the possibility of a trade and now they want some. Since the trade is centered around Alex Smith, they are now jumping on late trying to get a good deal. It may work, but I see right through it. The Niners want Rodgers and it is the safest pick. This is BS.

I think we assume the trade was based on Alex Smith because thats who we think we'd like to take. Tampa may have wanted a WR or other position there too.

i really think the 9ers are looking to trade out of the spot, but if they don't ... i really feel they're gonna go ahead and take smith...

other notes.. if we stand pat- i think it'll be ronnie brown... and i really don't like aaron rodgers at all.

Back
Top Bottom