Per Roto: Drake And Gore | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Roto: Drake And Gore

I have no proof of this, but I get the sense that Gase has a cautious approach to Drake compared to fans that think he is going to be one of the rushing leaders in the NFL this season. We keep talking him up as the next big thing, but Gase has brought in a veteran and drafted a big back to complement him, there are several reasons for this but two stand out in my mind (1.) Gase want a duel threat which is more likely, (2.) he doesn't believe that Drake can carry that load as the featured back an entire season. Thoughts.

Does it make sense to not fully trust Drake? Yes of course. He's talented but isn't a big back and has had durability problems and never been asked to carry a load. That doesn't bother me at all. Having seen Gase be fascinated with Arian Foster even when it was clear he was completely done, I'm not sure that this Gore thing is coachplay and isn't Gase really wanting to give a big role to a veteran past his prime.

Having been a U fan during Gore's heyday I'm a big fan of his. That said I still doubt whether an RB his age should be contributing on a team with any type of aspiration. And I really doubt Gase's ability to recognize when a veteran RB shouldn't be playing after past history.

Gase said today he just wanted to be an ass that's why he made them co starters on the first depth chart

Depends on scoring system. Drake is a good PPR, Collins may be better in standard. Keep in mind, Collins is a 2 down back in a bad offense. Bad combination. Buck Allen is Ravens passing downs rb whereas Drake won't always come off the field in passing downs.

Yea it is half point PPR. Still leaning Drake right now but definitely going to keep an eye on it leading up to draft. Drake has more upside for sure but I think Collins has a higher floor

Back
Top Bottom