Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft

Miami would target a QB in a weak QB draft lol

Unfortunately, that just seems to be how our luck works out. The much smarter move assuming this really is a poor QB class is 1 of two things:

1) Shore up that OL with some young studs. That way no matter who you draft at the QB position the following year, we can help make sure they aren't pissing blood by the second game of the season. BTW, If i were the owner of the team this would be the mandate so that the current admin doesn't draft to save their butts but draft to make sure the future has some pieces.

2) The second choice is to solidify the defensive talent. The way I see it the glaring need seems to be at the DL and LB group.

Last edited:
I can’t see him gettin passed the Giants and they’re probably going to be drafting #2 behind the raiders. Even if he does drop the Broncos would be next in line.
I can’t see the Dolphins give up that much to move up because they’ll prob be picking in 12-14 range.

Parrothead’s opinion I respect more than any on this board.

But let me attempt to answer your question for you:

“Stupidity”.
That is the only legit reason.

This is not Tiger Woods and golf, it’s football. And any player that can declare and go in the top 5, should do so. Any human that has the chance to secure their future should do so. Especially when there are SO MANY things that could take you completely out of the game forever.

Going back to an unpaid dangerous game for another year, is flat out dumb. Take the money, secure the financial future of you and your family, and the rest is up to chance

@TrinidadDolfan
The only legitimate reason to stay in college, imo, is if you don't feel ready for the pros or you have a chance of going higher next season.

I heard, iirc, the USC kid decided to stay to have "more fun with his college friends" un-real!

Don't know what this kids deal is or if these rumors are true. But yeah, risk injury and risk coming out in a stronger draft class the following year. Brilliant plan!

I don't even mind Herbert. He's got tools..

It's just the DL is a special group this year. Gotta build the trenches.

I mean I would take Herbert over any of the defensive guys. He is a QB.

But i refuse to accept the idea to give Mike Tannenbaum & friends that type of rope to mortgage top 96 pieces in the 2019/2020 drafts to make this happen. It cannot be an option with this current regime.

Some of those kids in 2020 might not even come out until 2021. I’m not holding my breath for anyone coming to this team.

I mean I would take Herbert over any of the defensive guys. He is a QB.

But i refuse to accept the idea to give Mike Tannenbaum & friends that type of rope to mortgage top 96 pieces in the 2019/2020 drafts to make this happen. It cannot be an option with this current regime.

I agree.

But if they hit on him...

All of that animosity goes out the window, I don't care how or when we get a qb, just get one and pray he is the real deal.

If it works out then lets ****ing rock.

Parrothead’s opinion I respect more than any on this board.

But let me attempt to answer your question for you:

“Stupidity”.
That is the only legit reason.

This is not Tiger Woods and golf, it’s football. And any player that can declare and go in the top 5, should do so. Any human that has the chance to secure their future should do so. Especially when there are SO MANY things that could take you completely out of the game forever.

Going back to an unpaid dangerous game for another year, is flat out dumb. Take the money, secure the financial future of you and your family, and the rest is up to chance

I completely agree, Matt Barkley is always my prime example of this, he went toe to toe with Luck, he was a legit top 5 prospect if he declares, decides to stay in one last year, it's a disaster and he ends up going in the 3rd or 4th round or whatever, dunno how much money he lost but surely he regrets that decision. It's even worse for those guys that stay in one more year then get injured and suddenly have zero chance of getting paid, feel for those guys but, you;ve got to be smart and unless you've got a bunch of family money, striking while the iron is hot on you is always the right thing to do.

Just so I can be the first to say it: Smokescreen!!

Tbaum didnt need to be at the game to watch Herbert. Tbaum is gonna make a play for Bosa.

Some of those kids in 2020 might not even come out until 2021. I’m not holding my breath for anyone coming to this team.

That's another great point, we often get caught up with this scenario of folks saying this class is no good, wait till next year, only to find we are in the same situation the following year. You just got to do your homework, zero in on a guy and do whatever it takes to get him, unfortunately we've never been prepared to do that. Even going back to the year we drafted Tannehill, obviously the FO were sold on him, but in all honesty could any of us really believe that had some other organisation made a plan to go up to get him we would have respond in kind and out bid them to move up. The only aggressive move I can think this franchise has made in recent years in the draft was to go up to 3 to get Jordan, what a decision that was, perhaps that's why we don't do it very often.

Tbaum didnt need to be at the game to watch Herbert. Tbaum is gonna make a play for Bosa.

There is definitely a smell of that for sure. Especially when you consider where we will be drafting and where he is likely to go. If he declares he'll be gone in the first couple of picks, depending on who holds the #1 pick.

Think the LSU CB is in play in the first with DLine being something u can get first round value in with that 2nd round pick.

Miami needs a CB2 unless they are just gonna ride Minkah again next year on the boundary and keep the Jones/Mcdonald duo at safety.

Back
Top Bottom