Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft

Even if we lose out to finish at 5-11 we'd not have a chance to get him. He's going 1 or 2 at the latest but that's fine with me. There's a lot of great talent on defense on this coming draft so taking a top pass rushing DE or a top Corner would be a great idea. There might be some value for a QB in the 2nd round unless several teams reach for one in the 1st round.

it boil down to if qb fit ur system or if u willing to change offense to fit what he does best. dolphins can draft defense player. all they want. it still going be 6-8 win. if offense cannot score point.

Last edited:
Think the LSU CB is in play in the first with DLine being something u can get first round value in with that 2nd round pick.

Miami needs a CB2 unless they are just gonna ride Minkah again next year on the boundary and keep the Jones/Mcdonald duo at safety.

We do you are right, but I can't believe we would spend another year's top pick on the secondary, the positional group we are probably strongest at. Think they will find the opposite corner in FA, more than likely over paying some vet, which is our usual approach.

It's way too early to predict but at this stage, it's got to be either you've fallen in love with a QB and you do whatever you need to to take him there, or it's DLine, the group needs major work.

I would be lying if I knew what the ceiling on Herbert was, but I do understand if you have strong belief in a QB to be the face of your franchise and bring a championship within the next decade . . .you do whatever you can to bring him in.
or keep him?

Isn't this also true if you have a strong belief for a guy already on the roster?

or keep him?

Isn't this also true if you have a strong belief for a guy already on the roster?

I mean they have . . . Now 2 offseasons in a row . . . 2 offseasons where he ended on IR with this potentially being the 3rd.

At some point the lack of action at the most important position on the field becomes less about “blame the injuries” and more about “blame the guys who keep standing pat”.

You can’t seriously be content with hearing “Ryan is finally healthy” for the third offseason in a row and putting all those eggs in that basket again.

Insanity . . . .although I am not desperate enough to give the dudes running the team that type of draft capital to go after Herbert. They had that chance last year and punted when it was reasonable.

or keep him?

I'm a big fan of Tannehill. I hope he comes back and plays at 2016 level or better, but if our Plan B for him getting hurt next year and derailing the season is Brock Friggen Osweiler or equivalent, there wont be enough cold ones on game day to numb the pain.

Think the LSU CB is in play in the first with DLine being something u can get first round value in with that 2nd round pick.

Miami needs a CB2 unless they are just gonna ride Minkah again next year on the boundary and keep the Jones/Mcdonald duo at safety.

Please no!

I think this kid will be a bust. Nothing special about his film. Simply looks tall and to be a semi gifted athlete. His deep ball accuracy seems questionable from the film.

I'm a big fan of Tannehill. I hope he comes back and plays at 2016 level or better, but if our Plan B for him getting hurt next year and derailing the season is Brock Friggen Osweiler or equivalent, there wont be enough cold ones on game day to numb the pain.

Did the time machine from 2017 just arrive?

or keep him?

For goodness sake man, when you think you can't get any crazier, Brock Osweiller is never gonna be the face of this or any franchise :p

Edit: In all seriousness though, this has been a really interesting debate, let's not let the thread go down the road of so many others on here. It's about Herbert and other draft options not really about any incumbents.

For goodness sake man, when you think you can't get any crazier, Brock Osweiller is never gonna be the face of this or any franchise :p

Edit: In all seriousness though, this has been a really interesting debate, let's not let the thread go down the road of so many others on here. It's about Herbert and other draft options not really about any incumbents.

Then no on any first round QB until they have decided to move on from Tannehill.

Back
Top Bottom