Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Per Tony Pauline: Dolphins Targetting Qb Justin Herbert In Draft

Hope to God we don't take him....stink it up another year with what we have or bring in a stopgap for a year and draft a QB in the 2020 draft which will have NFL QB talent.

Then no on any first round QB until they have decided to move on from Tannehill.

Then stay out of this thread then unless you have something to say on the draft class then. This isn't a protect your boy thread, you've got plenty of other places to do that.

Unfortunately, that just seems to be how our luck works out. The much smarter move assuming this really is a poor QB class is 1 of two things:

1) Shore up that OL with some young studs. That way no matter who you draft at the QB position the following year they aren't pissing blood by the second game. BTW, If i were the owner of the team this would be the mandate so that the current admin doesn't draft to save their butts but draft to make sure the future has some pieces.

2) The second choice is to solidify the defensive talent. The way I see it the glaring need seems to be at the DL and LB group.
This has nothing to do with luck.
Draft good players. Not more complicated then that.
Plenty of needs:
CB, OL, DT, DE

There is definitely a smell of that for sure. Especially when you consider where we will be drafting and where he is likely to go. If he declares he'll be gone in the first couple of picks, depending on who holds the #1 pick.

What smokescreen lol?
The only way we are getting Herbert would be a dumbass trade up.
It’s no secret Miami needs a QB.

I don’t think you sniff the LSU corner greedy Williams either. He’s got great length wiry strength and he really stays attached.

I don’t think you sniff the LSU corner greedy Williams either. He’s got great length wiry strength and he really stays attached.

If we are top 15, he may be in play. U were right about Iowa's TE's, T.J Hockenson also looks like he can be a 1st rd TE.

Hope to God we don't take him....stink it up another year with what we have or bring in a stopgap for a year and draft a QB in the 2020 draft which will have NFL QB talent.

What's so special about the 2020 NFL QB class ?

If we are top 15, he may be in play. U were right about Iowa's TE's, T.J Hockenson also looks like he can be a 1st rd TE.

I’ve only seen williams once vs bama but I was impressed with how well he stayed attached.

Bamas got a h back like skill set guy I like too.

Who would you prefer for miamis scheme greedy Williams or the ga corner?

I can’t do more Bobby mccain boundary.

I have no problem mortgaging the farm. We clearly can't draft in the first round, so might as well trade future #1's to get a franchise QB.

Not sure if this guy is a franchise QB, but I'm all for moving up to get someone.

I have no problem mortgaging the farm. We clearly can't draft in the first round, so might as well trade future #1's to get a franchise QB.

Not sure if this guy is a franchise QB, but I'm all for moving up to get someone.

Couldn't agree more, if you fall in love with a QB, you got to do what it takes to get him. Worry about the rest of the team after you've sorted out it's most important player.

I’ve only seen williams once vs bama but I was impressed with how well he stayed attached.

Bamas got a h back like skill set guy I like too.

Who would you prefer for miamis scheme greedy Williams or the ga corner?

I can’t do more Bobby mccain boundary.

Baker so far but only by a small margin, he quicker and has better mirror skills, I don't like the fact that Greedy is in the 180's at 6'2, he's hesitant in run support also. Yea Irv Smith also looks good in a stacked TE class.

I'm up for taking a shot on Hebert or Grier in 2019.

If not they will almost have to take a shot with the exception of trading for one in 2020. No way, no how does Miami have a legit starter on the roster right now.

Tua and Fromm look to both be legitimate franchise QBs. Couple more could go in round 1 (Eason - Washington; Jones - Duke) that is not as clear cut.

To get either Tua or Fromm, almost a certainty barring injury they will go 1 and 2. Murray of OU would definitely make it 1, 2, 3 but he will be wearing a glove and swinging a bat.

So if Miami is going to get a legit franchise QB via the draft in 2020 they will have to be horrid next year. With the Bills and Jets in the same division they'll probably win just enough to finish with the #3 pick in the draft.

If the Dolphins are serious about a QB, I’d much rather they be serious about Tua Tagovailoa whenever he can/will declare.

Otherwise, the Nick Bosa smokescreen sounds much more appealing to me for this season. He’s out for the college season as a precaution (he could have been back for the Michigan or bowl game), but will be fine for his rookie NFL season. Dude is a one man wrecking machine. Dolphins need talent like that. I don’t see a franchise QB in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom