Perkins: Brian Flores’ Credibility At Stake On Dolphins Qb Decision | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perkins: Brian Flores’ Credibility At Stake On Dolphins Qb Decision

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AP_19134564332733-1024x683.jpg

DAVIE, Fla. — The last time the Miami Dolphins had an open quarterback competition was 2012. The idea was twofold: the best man wins, and three guys in the running for the starting job would make each other better thus raising the level of the entire offense. The problem was the three-man competition never materialized.

David Garrard, the favorite, sustained a knee injury in training camp. That left a two-man competition between veteran Matt Moore, who rallied Miami to six wins in 2011, and rookie Ryan Tannehill, the No. 8 pick of the draft. The competition was close so it made more sense to give the job to the young guy.

Now the Dolphins are staging another quarterback competition. But beauty won’t be more seductive than age this time.

Coach Brian Flores has said as much. This will be a fair and open battle.

https://theathletic.com/982310/2019...credibility-at-stake-on-dolphins-qb-decision/

I was at that camp for two strait weeks, and I’ve never been a Tannehill fan, but he won that competition fair and square, and Garrard imo faked the injury to collect money.. Garrard was scamming teams at that point in his career..

I thought the same thing...dude went shady!

I was at that camp for two strait weeks, and I’ve never been a Tannehill fan, but he won that competition fair and square, and Garrard imo faked the injury to collect money.. Garrard was scamming teams at that point in his career..
But Omar says Garrard won that competition!

But Omar says Garrard won that competition!
They were buddies..hanging out after practice all the time, I watched it all go down, I saw the dynamics in play.. Tannehills talent level was far above the other two..obviously he had fatal flaws but not ones that would show up in practice..

He was big, huge arm, could roll right and left with equal precision.. perfect 7 on 7 QB.

"Credibility", really? Poor choice of words from the agenda-driven media.

They were buddies..hanging out after practice all the time, I watched it all go down, I saw the dynamics in play.. Tannehills talent level was far above the other two..obviously he had fatal flaws but not ones that would show up in practice..

He was big, huge arm, could roll right and left with equal precision.. perfect 7 on 7 QB.
I 100000% believe you over anything Omar has to say.

I don't think it was during the phins training camp, but didn't Garrard F himself up in a jet ski accident or something?

Back
Top Bottom