Perry Left His Mark on Navy Football | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Perry Left His Mark on Navy Football

This is not correct. He was given a waiver and will only have to serve in the Marine Corps reserve.
I was wrong about him going into the Navy. I thought that is the branch of the military he would serve in since he graduated from the Naval Academy. You are correct that he instead will have to serve in the Marines but from what I read, he will have to serve 5 years of active duty and not Just in the reserves as you stated.
Graduates from military academies are required to serve 5 years of active duty and then 3 years in the reserves. I couldn’t find anything on Perry not having to serve his 5 years of active duty once he stops playing in the NFL.

I was wrong about him going into the Navy. I thought that is the branch of the military he would serve in since he graduated from the Naval Academy. You are correct that he instead will have to serve in the Marines but from what I read, he will have to serve 5 years of active duty and not Just in the reserves as you stated.
Graduates from military academies are required to serve 5 years of active duty and then 3 years in the reserves. I couldn’t find anything on Perry not having to serve his 5 years of active duty once he stops playing in the NFL.
Good morning brother the Marine Corps comes under the Dept. of the Navy. Just FYI. Semper Fi.

Last edited:

He is a reservist at this time but it is my understanding that he will still have to serve 5 years of active duty in the Marines once his football career ends. I have a good friend who graduated from the Air Force Academy and I talked to him this morning and he told me that any player going into the NFL from a service academy is allowed to serve in the reserves while in the NFL but must serve his 5 year active duty commitment once his NFL career ends.

My friend has been out of the Air Force Academy for many years but he told me that he hasn’t heard of any change which would allow Perry to avoid serving 5 years of active duty.

He is a reservist at this time but it is my understanding that he will still have to serve 5 years of active duty in the Marines once his football career ends. I have a good friend who graduated from the Air Force Academy and I talked to him this morning and he told me that any player going into the NFL from a service academy is allowed to serve in the reserves while in the NFL but must serve his 5 year active duty commitment once his NFL career ends.

My friend has been out of the Air Force Academy for many years but he told me that he hasn’t heard of any change which would allow Perry to avoid serving 5 years of active duty.
Brother he wasn’t commissioned as an officer. I was in the Marine Corps from 82 to 93.

Last edited:
Right now I think the dolphins have 2 players that can take it to the house or make 40+ yard plays.

Bmay may make Breida and Wilson. I think Perry 3 explosive players. I think Parker makes big plays but I would say under 40 yards and is big on contested catches. I am talking about running for 40+ yards after handoff or catch.

Good morning brother the Marine Corps comes under the Dept. of the Navy. Just FYI. Semper Fi.
I fully understand that the Marines come under the Dept of the Navy. I admitted earlier that I was mistaken that Perry would serve his 5 years of active duty in the Navy.I assume he will serve his active duty in the Marines or the Navy if he has an option at that time. He is serving in the Marine reserves while he is in the NFL. I am not sure why you wanted me to know you were in the Marines but congratulations and thank you for your service. I serve four years in the Coast Guard during the Vietnam war,Including 10 months in Vietnam as a hospital Corpsman. That still doesn’t change the fact Perry still has to serve 5 years of active duty when his NFL career ends. HOOYAH.

Last edited:
Just glad he didn't go to NE.....Belichick has a connection with Navy.

I fully understand that the Marines come under the Dept of the Navy. I admitted earlier that I was mistaken that Perry would serve his 5 years of active duty in the Navy.I assume he will serve his active duty in the Marines or the Navy if he has an option at that time. He is serving in the Marine reserves while he is in the NFL. I am not sure why you wanted me to know you were in the Marines but congratulations and thank you for your service. I serve four years in the Coast Guard during the Vietnam war,Including 10 months in Vietnam as a hospital Corpsman. That still doesn’t change the fact Perry still has to serve 5 years of active duty when his NFL career ends. HOOYAH.
I wasn't telling you to toot my own horn, I was just letting you know where my experience was coming from. I am not that type of person. Thank you for your service.

I wasn't telling you to toot my own horn, I was just letting you know where my experience was coming from. I am not that type of person. Thank you for your service.
I wasn’t trying to give you a hard time and you should be proud of the time you spent serving in the Marines. I got to know and treat many Marines during my time in Vietnam and they were some of the finest men I have ever met. Sorry if it seemed like I was being negative about your time serving our country.

I wasn’t trying to give you a hard time and you should be proud of the time you spent serving in the Marines. I got to know and treat many Marines during my time in Vietnam and they were some of the finest men I have ever met. Sorry if it seemed like I was being negative about your time serving our country.
Nice new badge you got there brother. Thank you to the staff:ffic:

Thank you for your service fellow Coast Guardsman.. 13 years and going strong. The younger gen dont like "coastie" lol.

Back
Top Bottom