Personnel changes are coming! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Personnel changes are coming!

ZOD

Ruler of the Universe
Reaction score
While we clamour for personnel changes all we hear out of the organization is non-offensive statements about the current players. All we have to rely on are "insiders" opining about what will happen. I thought this was an interesting quote from the new OC Collier that was a telling statement about the direction the coaching staff thinks we are headed in the draft and free agency.

The team's offensive style isn't going to change considerably, but the approach will.

"We have to make sure what we are doing fits our players," Collier said, "and our players are capable of handling what we ask them to do. If we get a couple of more guys who make plays, guess what happens to Dave? He becomes more comfortable."

A couple of more guys who make plays!

Let's see....

Ricky Williams makes plays.
Chris Chambers makes plays.
Randy Mcmichael makes plays.

There is an odd man out in the "playmakers" role and I read an interesting article this morning of how the most important position on the offense went unmentioned yesterday in the conference.

I thought that was telling too...

Jay wasn't mentioned with the list of offensive playmakers. So you mention your FB but not your QB? Hmmm. I guess you don't explicitly say Jay sucks because you may need him if you can't get a great FA and your draftee isn't NFL ready (and most of them wont be). But if I were Jay, I'd be making plans to be elsewhere.

Ahhhh, so the next question is will they go and get Brunell? Or do they go with draft pick Rivers (if we get him)? And what about Sage (norv in Oakland may want him).

QB change is needed!
Maybe keep Fiedler or Griese as a backup.
I like all the changes going on.
It shows we aren't going to settle with a 10-6 no playoff season again!

Originally posted by Mindwarp
hey if norv takes him we get a draft pick for him also right? i mean he is restricted correct?

oh u may be right, i was thinking UFA. But i dont know if i would be willing to get rid of him then, too many holes at QB. All depends on who Collier/Trestman want i guess.

This will be a interesting and exciting off season...remember don't get too opinionated on who ever they bring in, we didn't know R. McMicheal well and he's become a play maker. Jay was better than I though when we first got him. Chambers was an unknown...Wade, Todd that is, wasn't a all american, and Wade Smith turn out to be a decent surprise, so there's some talent on O, just need a couple of more lineman and skill position people.

Re: I thought that was telling too...

Originally posted by GazPhin
Jay wasn't mentioned with the list of offensive playmakers. So you mention your FB but not your QB? Hmmm. I guess you don't explicitly say Jay sucks because you may need him if you can't get a great FA and your draftee isn't NFL ready (and most of them wont be). But if I were Jay, I'd be making plans to be elsewhere.
Stoda: Fiedler first casualty of regime looks like you are not alone in your accessment
Marc Trestman is the new assistant head coach/quarterbacks coach for the Miami Dolphins.

Those were the official announcements Monday evening at the team's training facility. The unofficial announcement went unspoken -- literally -- when Jay Fiedler's name was mentioned exactly never by either man.

Back
Top Bottom