Pete Prisco | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco

unifiedtheory

Thank you #54...
Reaction score
I NEVER read his crap but I thought I'd check out the CBS Sportsline draft grades....Prisco gave us a B-....and he added at the end...."Nick Saban had a decent first draft, but it helped having the second pick overall."...I urge you all to respond to him via the link on the Sportsline site...here is what I wrote:

"Overall grade: B-. Nick Saban had a decent first draft, but it helped having the second pick overall."

Not only do you go against almost every other published reporter there is and give Miami the lowest grade I have seen thusfar...you undercut it by adding "but it helped having the second pick overall.".

Still upset he won't allow you or any other media in his office?

Yes, they lacked a playmaking reciever but tell me what reciever was available at #46? Should they have reached for Roscoe Parrish so you could then proceed to club them for reaching?

They got first round value at #46 at a position of need. Jason Taylor is over 30, Vonnie Holliday is a one or two year player and David Bowens should be a situational player, not a starter. The Roth pick allows the Dolphins to shed the David Bowens 2 million dollar cap number as well.

The Wannstedt regime let the depth and skill on the defensive line wither on the vine for far too long. Nick Saban took one offseaon to correct the wreckage Wannstedt left behind that is diguised as a defensive line.

If the Patriots or the Cowboys had picked Matt Roth at #46 you would be calling it the steal of the draft.

Nick Saban got value at every pick. He got three first round graded players with his first three picks. His draft deserves a A- AT LEAST....and without the "but it helped having the second pick overall." line at the end.

I know you are not a Dolphins fan but would it hurt to show just a little bit of objectivness...after all. Your job is "Senior NFL writer"...not "Pats/Cowboys beat writer".

im sure they laugh at those emails when they get them

its his opinion ---- everyone is different, and thats okay.

unifiedtheory said:
I NEVER read his crap but I thought I'd check out the CBS Sportsline draft grades....Prisco gave us a B-....and he added at the end...."Nick Saban had a decent first draft, but it helped having the second pick overall."...I urge you all to respond to him via the link on the Sportsline site...here is what I wrote:

"Overall grade: B-. Nick Saban had a decent first draft, but it helped having the second pick overall."

Not only do you go against almost every other published reporter there is and give Miami the lowest grade I have seen thusfar...you undercut it by adding "but it helped having the second pick overall.".

Yes, they lacked a playmaking reciever but tell me what reciever was available at #46? Should they have reached for Roscoe Parrish so you could then proceed to club them for reaching?

They got first round value at #46 at a position of need. Jason Taylor is over 30, Vonnie Holliday is a one or two year player and David Bowens should be a situational player, not a starter. The Roth pick allows the Dolphins to shed the David Bowens 2 million dollar cap number as well.

The Wannstedt regime let the depth and skill on the defensive line wither on the vine for far too long. Nick Saban took one offseaon to correct the wreckage Wannstedt left behind that is diguised as a defensive line.

If the Patriots or the Cowboys had picked Matt Roth at #46 you would be calling it the steal of the draft.

Nick Saban got value at every pick. He got three first round graded players with his first three picks. His draft deserves a A- AT LEAST....and without the "but it helped having the second pick overall." line at the end.

I know you are not a Dolphins fan but would it hurt to show just a little bit of objectivness...after all. Your job is "Senior NFL writer"...not "Pats/Cowboys beat writer".

good job - well put :cooldude:

sask rider said:
im sure they laugh at those emails when they get them

its his opinion ---- everyone is different, and thats okay.

It is his opinion...and he has a right to an opinion but in this case it is the wrong opinion.

The next thing that Prisco writes about the Dolphins that does'nt have some sort of a slag towards the organization will be the first...screw him.

:whip2: <-----Prisco.
unified
theory

Well Done!

These "writers" dont know jack! Its like Mel Kiper--has he ever played football, has he ever coached, has he ever evaluated for a team, has he gotten the #1 pick right in the last 10 years, has he ever been approached to consult a team? The answers..NO, NO, No, NO, NO, NO, NO.....so on and so on.

I think you guys did a wonderful job today...I was hoping you guys would get R.Brown, I also called that by the way;-) But Im sure a million other people did...

Im not being a homer or anything but I think we did a great job in the draft this year. Merriman was #1 on my board, Castillos "steroid problem" is not a problem--heck, I have some andro on my desk as we speak...Vincent Jackson is 6'6 with 4.4 speed, and 3 guys for the O-line for depth. One of them happens to be a Playboy All-American...
Id say we should at least get a solid B or A-..This guy gives us a C-......are you serious?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7619477/page/3/

I gave it to a writer here in charlotte when he had his march madness bracket predictions, he had UNC losing in the sweet 16. I wrote him and he was rude as :byroan:. Once UNC won it all I wrote him back and rubbed it in. He picked Wingate (local college here) to go to the elite 8 and I called him a homer. He was realllllllllly offended by it.

I'd like to see what he says when/if he replies to you. Some of these writers have issues, I'm scared to write them anymore. :lol:

L.T.21 said:
These "writers" dont know jack! Its like Mel Kiper--has he ever played football, has he ever coached, has he ever evaluated for a team, has he gotten the #1 pick right in the last 10 years, has he ever been approached to consult a team? The answers..NO, NO, No, NO, NO, NO, NO.....so on and so on.

I think you guys did a wonderful job today...I was hoping you guys would get R.Brown, I also called that by the way;-) But Im sure a million other people did...

Im not being a homer or anything but I think we did a great job in the draft this year. Merriman was #1 on my board, Castillos "steroid problem" is not a problem--heck, I have some andro on my desk as we speak...Vincent Jackson is 6'6 with 4.4 speed, and 3 guys for the O-line for depth. One of them happens to be a Playboy All-American...
Id say we should at least get a solid B or A-..This guy gives us a C-......are you serious?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7619477/page/3/

Yeah the Chargers had a solid draft and Mike M., the Mel Kiper of the NFL network, absolutely loves Vincent Jackson. I think NFL network blows everything else away when it comes to being objective. Of course, Mike M. said that Ronnie Brown was the best offensive player in the draft on Friday so of course I like him HAHAHAHA. Actually I wanted Braylon Edwards at that point but am now happy we got Brown.

unifiedtheory said:

here is the best part of all.... OUR DRAFT WAS A+ .... value everywhere.... we might have even found a LT in the 5th round....are you kidding me??? 5th round - have you seen the guy? He looks thin at 310 lbs.....he looks like ogden....and he dominated in college....37+ inch arms....nice pick....AND EVERYBODY ELSE IN OUR DIVISION HAD TERRIBLE DRAFTS!!!!

yeah buffalo's draft is going down in flames as we speak. Donohoe is done people.

Great Letter UT. I thought that the NFL Live idiots were horrible, especially Merrill Hodge. All they could do was argue, it was pathetic. Other than our picks, my personnal highlight was the reaction of the Jets fans when they picked a kicker, those expressions were priceless.

HysterikiLL said:
Hot damn U.T. you straight up burned Prisco!!

Let's see... Pete Prisco covers the NFL for a living. He probably makes over $100,000 doing what we do for free, Writing about football. So.. a poster here at Finheaven tears him a new one in an email that he probably won't ever see and you think U.T. burned him... Trust me Hysterikill... you.. me.. nor U.T... we don't matter a speck in Pete Prisco's world.

Besides.. Mel Kiper Jr. gave us a B- as well.

Back
Top Bottom