Pete Prisco's Top 50 Players | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete Prisco's Top 50 Players

unifiedtheory

Thank you #54...
Reaction score
Every Dolphan's favorite writer is at it again. He's posted "his" top 50 players regardless of position list and once again...it has some VERY poor choices.

I'm writing him a response right now and I'll post it as soon as I'm done.

Sorry if this link has been posted already...thought it would break up the boredom of June.

Linky to a moronic article.

41. Jason Taylor, DE, Dolphins: Once just a pass rusher, he is now a well-rounded end. But where does he play in Miami's new 3-4 scheme?

Another uninformed soul.

Thats a horrible list. Shockey?

Were's Randy? Favre should be in the top 15, not 32.

JT is alot better then most of the guys ahead of him. What a jack list he has.

LT=3rd, thats a riot. Best player in the NFL. He has 4 consecutive seasons that say that.

Ed 7th? He is a pick magnet, what games is this dude watching? He did more the Ray.

I could cherry pick all day, but hey, each has his own opinion. Those are my two biggest. well, and Clinton 11th, what did he do that was so special last season?

Anyone see the post on the little message board thing at the bottom titled "Prisco bangs guys"?. The post itself had been deleted, but the title alone was good for a nice laugh outta me. I cant stand Prisco, he's biased and uninformed.

and I have no idea how Zach isnt on the list somewhere....the guy's got a ton of heart, some of the best pure LB instincts in the game, and is a consistent tackling machine...that adds up to top 50 in my book.

Here is my reply I just sent to the moron...thought I'd share.

Your top 50 list once again makes me ponder the "does Pete actually watch football" question.

I'll review some of your more...questionable choices.

1.) Peyton Manning - Brady should be here. I know Brady is #2 on your list but how can you rank Manning higher then the man who has beaten him the last 2 years in the playoffs and has 3 rings in 4 years. Would you have ranked Marino higher then Montana in the mid 80's? Didn’t think so.

5.) Ray Lewis – He’s been irrelevant for 2 years. He’s the best in the league at falling on top of the pile. He hasn’t taken on and shed a block well in that same two year span. He’s all hype. If not for his rampant self-promotion he’d be where he deserves to be on this list. Not on it. He’s barely a top 5 middle linebacker now.

11.) Clinton Portis – Having a “good first season with the Redskins†after a few years of riding the Broncos running back gravy train makes him the 2nd best running back in football?

15.) Mike Vick – He’s a glorified running back. He is exciting and dangerous but I am not buying the hype. A Q.B. who has never been over 55% in an era where passers are regularly in the mid 60’s is not a great quarterback. Exciting player? Yes. Great quarterback? No.

22.) Dwight Freeney – The epitome of one dimensional. Defensive ends who have never played the run can’t be the 2nd best defensive end in the NFL.

33.) Jeremy Shockey – This is a joke right? A player who can’t stay healthy and have averaged 60 catches, 700 yards and 3 T.D.’s is the 2nd best tight end in the game? The 33rd best player in football? He’s not even a top 5 tight end.

35.) Todd Heap - Putting him below Shockey destroys your credibility and makes me wonder if you actually researched this article.

40.) Simeon Rice – This would not bother me too much unless you look at who you had ranked AFTER him…

41.) Jason Taylor – You regularly take shots at the Dolphins but this might be the coup de grace. You have J.T., the best all around defensive end in the NFL, ranked as the 5th best defensive end in football and the 9th best defensive lineman in the NFL.

The best of all was “where does he fit in Miami’s new 3-4 scheme?†Looks like Nick Saban’s “shutting the media out†thing has worked well because the Dolphins are a 4-3 stunting team that will play the 3-4 occasionally, along with other odd-front looks.

Research Pete…something I know I’d do when I’m writing an internet article that thousands of people read and critique.

A&MPhin84 said:
Anyone see the post on the little message board thing at the bottom titled "Prisco bangs guys"?. The post itself had been deleted, but the title alone was good for a nice laugh outta me. I cant stand Prisco, he's biased and uninformed.

:rofl3:

I would like to see you guys write a top 50 list so I can pick it apart and laugh at it. I disagree with some of his choices, but those are his opinions. He's a good writer overall.

Back
Top Bottom