Pete the Prick is at it again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pete the Prick is at it again

scotgif

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.sportsline.com/b/page/pressbox/0,1328,5357677,00.html

Well, our old buddy, Pete "The Prick" Prisco disses us once again. This article is about the need for shutdown corners in the NFL today. One would think that at some point in this story, the pair of "shutdown" corners that just so happened to be on the defense that was ranked number one in pass defense, would get at least some mention. But, NOOOOOOO. Instead, he mentions players from several teams (all deserving, I might add), with not even one word about Sam and Pat.
As I was reading this, I kept saying to myself, OK, not yet, not yet. Even this idiot can't leave our guys out of this conversation. The more I read of this as%&&le, the more I just think that he either does these things to stir it up, or that he is just not too well infomed (read- STUPID)

Sweet!

If teams have two good corners as their starters, it does give them a huge edge. Take the Buffalo Bills. They start Nate Clements and Antoine Winfield, two former first-round picks who are on their way to becoming one of the league's best tandems.

Move over old dogs, two mean young dogs are movin' in...

not yet time will tell doug but still not great and a good chance they wont be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

I concur that Prisco is a bumbleing moron, that is to busy trying to be a personality rather than knowing the game, but you all misunderstood his article. It was not about the "2 big dogs" that start, but rather the nickel corner and depth at the postion. If you noticed none of the true superstars at CB were mentioned. No talk of Sam, no talk of Woodson, and no talk of Bailey. I would also like to end a big myth about the Bills pass defense last season that any one that can read between the lines would see(thats why Prisco missed it.) When you have a 3-13 season that means you are pretty horrible, and weren't in many games after half time. (Rhetorical question alert) What is the offensive game plan of any caoch worth a damn if they come in to the second half in controll of the game? RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN(capt. obvious so even people living in Buffalo will understand) the football, and don't do anything to put your D in jeopardy. How many pass attempts did Buffalo's opposition have in the 2nd half of their 6 games they lost by more than 14 points? How about the 3 games they lost by more then 20? The fact that Buffalo had the 11 ranked pass defense just shows that the NFL is not college football and every team besides the Rams beleave in mercy. Every WR that is half way decent treated the Bills CBs like they were their bit*hes when it counted, but rarely had to a play full game to win.

I sent him a little e mail...it went something like this..

"Very interesting that you should completely (as usual) neglect to mention the Miami Dolphin #1 ranked pass defense of last season.

Sam Madison, and Patrick Surtain are NOT shutdown corners? Whatever.

Seems you must simply hate Miami cause all you can ever do is rag on the team.

You call Ricky Williams overrated, you write an article about shutdown corners and leave possibly two of the best out.

It's really sad your pathetic attempt at being an unbiased sportswriter...but I guess you like having the nickname amoungst Dolphin fans as Pete "Prick" Prisco."

Can't wait to be ignored by the big Prick.

AHHH! it wasnt about shut down corners, but the need for depth at CB. He started off talking about shut down corners to show how fustrating it can be if your nickel corner blows for the 2 superstars you have starting. The article also pointed out how 5 years ago a nickel back was a luxury, and now it is a necesity. It didn't mention the best corner in all of football Charles Woodson either if it makes you feel better.

"That's why the Eagles, who had one of the best trios last season in Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent and Al Harris, used a first-round pick on cornerback Lito Sheppard and a third-round pick on cornerback Sheldon Brown in the April draft."
"Some speculated it was a case of trying to load up to defeat the Rams, the team that beat the Eagles last NFC Championship Game. Further, with Steve Spurrier and his spread formations now in Washington and many other teams moving toward spreading out defenses, the more cover people the better.

Uh, hello, deos he not remember two years ago, when the fins had two of the best corners in the league, and then went on to pick a "cover corner" (Jamar Fletcher) with their first pick in the draft?
Using his reasoning for the Eagles trying to load up and defend the Rams, and the Redskins, that exact same scenario could and SHOULD be used to describe the Fletcher pick as loading up for division rival Colt's potent air attack led by gunslinger Peyton Manning!
But instead, he once again just somehow manages to neglect mentioning the fins.

I believe that Fletcher was drafted because of the "Monday Night Miracle" more than anything else. Anyone else still having nightmares of Jerry Wilson being repeatedly beaten by Wayne Chrebet??

you Fin fans must care what he says because if you didn't you wouldn't be posting this.

You know what sucks most about that Monday Night miracle? If the Fins won that, and played the rest of the games the same, that would have been a 12-4 record, and a first round bye. That would have meant a fresh Lamar against the Raiders. I wonder if we would have even played the Raiders if we got that bye...

Originally posted by BMarion31
You know what sucks most about that Monday Night miracle? If the Fins won that, and played the rest of the games the same, that would have been a 12-4 record, and a first round bye. Tht would have meant a fresh Lamar against the Raiders. I wonder if we would have even played the Raiders i we got that bye...
why do a lot of you Fin fans live by "IF"?

If this, Jet fan

Our big "if" for the past 30 years has been "if we only had a top notch running back....to go along with our Pro Bowl QB ('83 - '95)...or....to go along with our stellar defense ('96 - '01). The "if" is named Ricky Williams and he's going to be the difference maker. A team that goes 11-5 two years in a row adds a pro bowl running back. Nobody is saying "if" anymore. Oh, one more thing, have fun in the basement this season.

Back
Top Bottom