Peter Boulware | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter Boulware

Bjorn

Go Giants
Reaction score
Looks like there is a possibility he will be cut. I would love to have him here but I think he'd be to pricy.

U can read it on ESPN.com I don't know how to post a link here.

Boulware is interesting, another on the list of maybe cuts Peter Warrick. He might not be real healthy right now but down the line this guy would make a great 3/4 and punt and kick returner..

8 mil cap hit will definatly make him pack his bags. but i hear hes 100% healthy. but with the ravens signing DE/OLB in the first round, he wonders if he does restructure, will there still be a spot for him on the team..

i can see the team cutting him. i can also see him "restructuring" and then getting cut befor the season starts.

if hes 100% healthy, several teams will be interested. he will go to the highest bidder. and he wont be the #3 LB. im guessing a team needing another LB in a 3-4 formation would be the highest bidder. and not a team using the 4-3 who whats a 3rd LB....

Noodle Arm said:
Peter Warrick might get cut? Wow talk about bust.

Bust??? he was hurt most of last year... I just think he needs to changes teams like Cory Dillion did. Would love to see him in a Dolphins Uni!!

Ravens | Boulware's Future Uncertain - from www.KFFL.com
Fri, 6 May 2005 06:10:03 -0700

Brent Jones, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the future of Baltimore Ravens LB Peter Boulware (knee) remains uncertain. For the first time in about 16 moths he feels completely healthy. Team officials are asking agent Roosevelt Barnes about a possible contract restructure for Boulware. He also acknowledged that his roster spot is precarious because of his salary and the arrival of rookie DE/LB Dan Cody. With Boulware set to count nearly $8 million against the salary cap, the Ravens appear to be leaning toward getting younger and cheaper with Cody. Boulware appears to be willing to restructure, but he wonders even if he does will he have a role with the team.

FireInTheNole said:
Bust??? he was hurt most of last year... I just think he needs to changes teams like Cory Dillion did. Would love to see him in a Dolphins Uni!!

I wouldn't mind seeing him here also, but he has yet to live up to his potential...especially being the 4th pick in the draft.

ch19079 said:
8 mil cap hit will definatly make him pack his bags. but i hear hes 100% healthy. but with the ravens signing DE/OLB in the first round, he wonders if he does restructure, will there still be a spot for him on the team..

i can see the team cutting him. i can also see him "restructuring" and then getting cut befor the season starts.

if hes 100% healthy, several teams will be interested. he will go to the highest bidder. and he wont be the #3 LB. im guessing a team needing another LB in a 3-4 formation would be the highest bidder. and not a team using the 4-3 who whats a 3rd LB....

Oh darn, Im peter Boulware, and I can restructure to decrease a teams hit this year. Sure, I will restructure for even more bonus money, and then sign with another team. Nothing like getting paid by two teams at the same time for two years.

It doesnt really make sense for him to restructure, he has the leverage. If they want to restructure him, they would have to give him another signing bonus on top of what he has left on his current contract. So, that doesnt make senser from a team standpoint. More money to just cut him, nah. Unless they are going to trade him, and makin him more desirable to be traded, which doesnt make sense for him, unless it is one hell of a signing bonus. Then, his current team is stuck if the trade partner backs out. He will be cut after June 1st, to ease the cap hit over two seasons, and then be cut probably. Its only his signing bonus that he is due, not his salary. Then, he will sign somewhere else, and probably get paid.

LithoMan said:
Oh darn, Im peter Boulware, and I can restructure to decrease a teams hit this year. Sure, I will restructure for even more bonus money, and then sign with another team. Nothing like getting paid by two teams at the same time for two years.

It doesnt really make sense for him to restructure, he has the leverage. If they want to restructure him, they would have to give him another signing bonus on top of what he has left on his current contract. So, that doesnt make senser from a team standpoint. More money to just cut him, nah. Unless they are going to trade him, and makin him more desirable to be traded, which doesnt make sense for him, unless it is one hell of a signing bonus. Then, his current team is stuck if the trade partner backs out. He will be cut after June 1st, to ease the cap hit over two seasons, and then be cut probably. Its only his signing bonus that he is due, not his salary. Then, he will sign somewhere else, and probably get paid.

i was simply saying what i read on KFFL, the whole thing is a few posts above this one.

"Boulware appears to be willing to restructure, but he wonders even if he does will he have a role with the team."

many teams will take him. but how many are willing to be the highest bidder? i dont think the fins will be that team.

Peter Boulware is a cap casuality so his numbers are too high for us, especially with Saban's philosphy on big spending on guys.
Warrick would be a nice addition but he has great return skills and they are much of his worth....we already have Welker.

Peter Warrick would be a better player with us than he was with Cincinatti. He would most likely play out of the slot, where he is the most dangerous. I'm a die hard Seminole, so I know what Pete is capable of. But unless you're a Nole fan you wouldn't know that he played out of the slot, he was never the wide man on the line of scrimmage. He would be a huge upgrade over the rest of our receivers who are vying for that slot position.

brech10 said:
Warrick would be a nice addition but he has great return skills and they are much of his worth....we already have Welker.

The one downside with Welker is that he's too small to be a receiver too; he just returns kicks.....whereas Warrick can do both. But if Miami sticks with Welker I'd be happy.

Back
Top Bottom