Peter King AFC playoff predictions. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King AFC playoff predictions.

Wagon Circler said:
Wow, I never saw that. Suberbowl pick, he really went out on a limb there.

At any rate his bets this year seem a lot safer.

Picking the Pats is safe but I think he picked Minny as his NFC team and I completely disagree w/ that.

nyjunc said:
Picking the Pats is safe but I think he picked Minny as his NFC team and I completely disagree w/ that.

Tell me again why the Viks is a bad pre-minicamp pick? In that bad conference, they are as good of a pick as any.

Dirtywater said:
Tell me again why the Viks is a bad pre-minicamp pick? In that bad conference, they are as good of a pick as any.

i agree minny has had a good offseason (except for moss leaving) so i think they were a good pre-minicamp pick. but the NFC belongs to philly...unfortunately

Dirtywater said:

I have a list of reasons.

-Daunte Culpepper is a fantasy QB, he shrinks in big games and that was when he had the bst WR in the game.

-Ted Cottrell is horrible. Smoot was a good signing and they have good corners but Sharper is done and Cowart is done add that to Cottrell and their D will be mediocre again.

-Mike Tice. He is one of the worst HC's in the league.

Minny has been good enough to challenege for the NFC the last few years and they have not come close. They lose their biggest weapons and get a few aging defensive players, I'm not impressed.

nyjunc said:
I have a list of reasons.

-Daunte Culpepper is a fantasy QB, he shrinks in big games and that was when he had the bst WR in the game.

-Ted Cottrell is horrible. Smoot was a good signing and they have good corners but Sharper is done and Cowart is done add that to Cottrell and their D will be mediocre again.

-Mike Tice. He is one of the worst HC's in the league.

Minny has been good enough to challenege for the NFC the last few years and they have not come close. They lose their biggest weapons and get a few aging defensive players, I'm not impressed.

Wow, a lot of generalizations there. Also, a lot of Jets based bias in there.

Let's take it one step at a time.

DC - He is more than a fantasy QB. Fact is, he is one heck of a QB and I for one would not want to face him some playoff time. If anything, it has been their defense that has killed him.

Cotrell - While he never blossomed with the Jets, I would hardly call him 'terrible.' You guys played well when he was you D.C.. Your offense was never anything to write home about during those years and that had to weigh on your defense. I would hardly call Sharper & Cowert done too. That is a gross generalization at best. Both have had injuries, but they still have game in them.

Tice - One of the worst head coaches in the league? Uh, I hate to break it to you, but look in the mirror. You guys have one of worst, and though there are worse, Herm doesn't exactly put fear into the opposition. I look forward to playing the Jets for that reason alone. Did you happen to catch the NFL G.O.T.W on NFL Network? Penny had to tell Herm what to do at the end. It was downright scary. Now, as a motivator, Herm is at the top of the class along with Cowher. My point is that when asked about the worst, Tice hardly jumps out at you.

Players depletion - Yes they lost Moss, but one may look at that as a positive. Addition by subtraction if you will. Sometimes a primadonna player like Moss can actually hurt his team as a whole. Was he talented? No question, but losing a bad seed can do wonders for the team. Who else? O.Smith? I guess you may have a point there.

Now don't read me wrong here, the Vikings don't impress me, but as a pre-minicamp pick, it was well within the bounds of reason.

DC - He is more than a fantasy QB. Fact is, he is one heck of a QB and I for one would not want to face him some playoff time. If anything, it has been their defense that has killed him.

As the games get bigger his production goes down and his mistakes go up. he's not a winner, let's see what he does now w/o #84.

Cotrell - While he never blossomed with the Jets, I would hardly call him 'terrible.' You guys played well when he was you D.C.. Your offense was never anything to write home about during those years and that had to weigh on your defense. I would hardly call Sharper & Cowert done too. That is a gross generalization at best. Both have had injuries, but they still have game in them.

We had alot of defensive talent but we got the ball run down our throats, we had a nice stretch in '01 where we created alot of TO's butn once that ended so did our season as our D was torched by oak in the playoffs. We had a nice stretch in '02 as well but again after a brutal start and all 3 years we couldn't stop the run. Following Minny a little bit I noticed alot of the same problems he had here while the man who took over for him turned this D into a top one.

Tice - One of the worst head coaches in the league? Uh, I hate to break it to you, but look in the mirror. You guys have one of worst, and though there are worse, Herm doesn't exactly put fear into the opposition. I look forward to playing the Jets for that reason alone. Did you happen to catch the NFL G.O.T.W on NFL Network? Penny had to tell Herm what to do at the end. It was downright scary. Now, as a motivator, Herm is at the top of the class along with Cowher. My point is that when asked about the worst, Tice hardly jumps out at you.

Herm wins alot for someone so bad, Tice has 1 PO apperance and that was at 8-8. herm was also the last HC to lead his team to a win at New England.

Players depletion - Yes they lost Moss, but one may look at that as a positive. Addition by subtraction if you will. Sometimes a primadonna player like Moss can actually hurt his team as a whole. Was he talented? No question, but losing a bad seed can do wonders for the team. Who else? O.Smith? I guess you may have a point there.

The problem is Randy made Culpepper, did you ever notice that whatever QB was in there they had success passing the ball? Whether it was Randal Cunningham resurrecting his career, Jeff George, Brad Johnson or Culpepper. heck I even remember Todd Bouman having some success when Daunte was yanked in '02. Maybe it was time for Randy to go but they lost alot and their QB is a choker who now has lost the biggest weapon in the game.

I like those picks he made there. I especially LOVE the Jacksonville pick. They are an excellent young team, and my AFC Super Bowl pick. And like many others, I like Minnesota coming out of the NFC. Troy Williamson is going to be a STUD.

Although, I think that last Wild Card slot is a coin flip between the Jets and Bills. But it's definitely coming out of the AFC East, and it's not going to be the Dolphins, although they'll remain competitve all year long.

EDIT: I love all those picks except the Steelers pick, IMO they don't even make the playoffs this year. I like Baltimore coming out of the AFC North if Kyle Boller can show me he is anything other than a huge bum.

FaninPatsyLand said:
I like those picks he made there. I especially LOVE the Jacksonville pick. They are an excellent young team, and my AFC Super Bowl pick. And like many others, I like Minnesota coming out of the NFC. Troy Williamson is going to be a STUD.

Although, I think that last Wild Card slot is a coin flip between the Jets and Bills. But it's definitely coming out of the AFC East, and it's not going to be the Dolphins, although they'll remain competitve all year long.

EDIT: I love all those picks except the Steelers pick, IMO they don't even make the playoffs this year. I like Baltimore coming out of the AFC North if Kyle Boller can show me he is anything other than a huge bum.
The Jaga have an often injured RB and nobody to back him up. Their WR corps is shallow and Their TE is is very injury prone. Where do the have a better team than Indy???????

OutsideObserver said:
The Jaga have an often injured RB and nobody to back him up. Their WR corps is shallow and Their TE is is very injury prone. Where do the have a better team than Indy???????

Yeah, I can't see the Jags beating Indy out for the division title.

OutsideObserver said:

How about on the defensive side of the football??? which is probably the most important part of your team come playoff time. Indy's defense s*cks, and they have continually proved that in big games. Jacksonville has two mammoth defensive tackles (Marcus Stroud anyone? :lol: ), Mike Peterson anchoring the middle of the defense, Donovin Darius is one of the the best safeties in football. They also have some young studs at the cornerback position to build around Darius in the secondary. Leftwich is a great young talent, I think he breaks out this year. To me there is no question this team is a legit Super Bowl threat. They also have one of the best young coaches in football in Jack Del Rio.

Also, how in the world does Reggie Williams, Jimmy Smith and Matt Jones equate into a shallow recieving core?

Dirtywater said:
Yes, but it is the NFL. Teams go from bad to playoffs very quickly. He picked two teams that he thought were on the cusp of greatness, and for reasons to each team they fell short. It was not like he picked two teams that had zero chance like the Browns and 49ers. Don't make it look like it was that bad.

King is an idiot that just means who ever he picked to win this year just mean those teams will have a horrible year so good luck Bills and Pats looks like you guys will be picking in the top ten next year

Bills 6-10:lol:
Pats 8-8:lol:

FinsOwnBrady said:
King is an idiot that just means who ever he picked to win this year just mean those teams will have a horrible year so good luck Bills and Pats looks like you guys will be picking in the top ten next year

Bills 6-10:lol:
Pats 8-8:lol:

Um, I guess. Anything of value to say instead of " :lol: " ?

It's easy to just type something with a smiley. Here's an easier one:

Pats: Winner of of 3 out of the last 4 Super Bowls. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom