Peter King has us trading down twice! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King has us trading down twice!

Hell Yea! it would be nice to use my #34 williams jersey, I just bought the damn thing before he retired! Trading down as much as possible would be in our best interest. The REAL value in this draft is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. So the worst case senario would have us stuck at #2(which really isn't all that bad!) but Saban could do some real damage in the 2nd and 3rd round with his knowledge and expertise. Rest assured fellas we are in good hands!!!

knight6jb said:
Damn I would go completely nuts if this were to happen!!! That would be the best case ever. We get Caddy plus a few good picks!! Please let this happen!!

Actually Saban may not select a running early at all....great talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

i suppose that would be a good trade. If we have Tampa Bay's 2nd and 3rd rounder, and then we trade and get a #7 overall pick...ONE of the the big 7 guys (WR, QB, RB) will still be there. So whichever one is there, we should choose. I also heard a rumor saying we may trade with Dallas's #11 and #20. If thats the case, id imagine us picking Shawn Merriman at #11 and possibly Khalif Barnes at #20. In our second round id imagine Ernest Shazor?

What i dont understand is WHY we traded a 2ND ROUNDER for AJ Feeley...a 3RD ROUNDER for Lamar Gordon....but a 6TH ROUNDER for David Boston?? Boston is much better than Gordon and Feeley in all ways...a 6th rounder for Boston was a darn good deal, but a 3rd and 2nd for Gordon and Feeley was a freakin rip-off.

This article is redefines "fantasy" football imo. I'd love this scenario but I won't set myself up for disapointment. I'll choose surprise instead. I'm going to remain skeptical but hopeful. :wink:

I do not see Minny going with R. Brown. I understand they may not be happy with all of their RB but I do not see them passing up M. Williams to replace Moss. therefor I believe that we will take R. Brown at 7, I believe that he is very high on Saban's list.

I would be happy with R. Brown or C. Williams, but I have a gut feeling that C. Benson will be a bust. Just a gut feeling

lol why not trade down 10 times to have 100 quality picks.

fishypete said:
Actually Saban may not select a running early at all....great talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

fishyPete is on to something.

[font=&quot]So is Peter King. I like this scenario very much. One thing though, doesn't [/font][font=&quot]Tampa[/font][font=&quot] need to compensate us with there 3rd round as well. 1st 2nd and 3rd still falls close to 200 poinrs short on the Draft Value chart. I would think [/font][font=&quot]Tampa[/font][font=&quot] would at least have to throw in a early day two pick.[/font] :yes:

Thanks, I had not seen this yet.
Almost seems to good to be true, one thing we know for sure is that Saban really wants to wheel and deal to get more picks.

I respect King, and i think if he has this happen, it is probable.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb.draft.smith/index.html

Sorry if posted, did a search and did not see it.

He has us trading down 1st with the Bucc's then with the Vikings. Would love to see it, he does not say what we get picks wise, but it would be a lot more then we have. He has us taking Caddie at 7

My best case scenario. In a draft where the top there is no clear cut choice, with so many picks similar grades and a deep draft as far as quality players graded in rds 2-4, would love to accumulate picks.

God, would this be perfect.

If we manage to trade down twice to #7, and we're potentially sitting with three picks in the 2nd Round (including compensation for the Surtain trade), I'll dance the jig & chug Jagermeister for three hours.

Good news. King knows his stuff. If he thinks we're moving down, I'm willing to believe it.

Smithboy said:
God, would this be perfect.

If we manage to trade down twice to #7, and we're potentially sitting with three picks in the 2nd Round (including compensation for the Surtain trade), I'll dance the jig & chug Jagermeister for three hours.

I would like to see you chug Jag for three hours :roflmao:

If we trade down twice and land the #7 pick, I see us taking Derrick Johnson, or Mike Williams with that pick.

and hopefully pick up JJ Arrington in Rd Two.

Thats how its gonna play out, book mark this post! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom