Peter King has us trading down twice! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King has us trading down twice!

NJFINSFAN1 said:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb.draft.smith/index.html

Sorry if posted, did a search and did not see it.

He has us trading down 1st with the Bucc's then with the Vikings. Would love to see it, he does not say what we get picks wise, but it would be a lot more then we have. He has us taking Caddie at 7

Smart man. Get the picks then go crazy. I have always said from the beginning we should do this. I hope this is how it pans out. My fear is that we get stuck at # 2 and have to draft someone there.

I don't think we could really get any better than that scenario he's laid out. More picks and one of the big three... Awesome

that would be cool if it happened, but it would be harder to convince Minny to make the trade with us. It will be easier to trade with Tampa because they know we might take a QB, but it will be hard to convince Minny that we'll go WR.

I hope that is the case. Getting a quality RB and several extra picks could make Saturday really fun.

Good god that would be a "Best Case Scenario." I am crossing my fingers hoping that Saban can find a way to make these deals happen.

That would be awesome if we could trade down twice and still get a good RB, not to mention the two or three 2nd and 3rd round picks we would get in return.

Think about this:

We trade down from #2 to #7 and pick up a 2nd rd pick from both the Bucaneers and the Vikings (to go along with a possible 2nd rounder from K.C.).
I for one think this would be great but I also think it is unlikely.

Would you guys be in favor of:
1) trading from #2 to #5 for an additional 2nd round pick, and
2) trading from #5 to #7 for an additional 2nd rounder?

phatmatt said:
Think about this:

We trade down from #2 to #7 and pick up a 2nd rd pick from both the Bucaneers and the Vikings (to go along with a possible 2nd rounder from K.C.).
I for one think this would be great but I also think it is unlikely.

Would you guys be in favor of:
1) trading from #2 to #5 for an additional 2nd round pick, and
2) trading from #5 to #7 for an additional 2nd rounder?
as laid out in the article, yes.

I actually can see us trading down three times....But I see it as a either or with Tampa and the Vikes....either Tampa trades with us or the Vikes will....I believe they both are locking in on the same player...and it isn't a QB. I believe both want Edwards.
The next trader could be Detroit...I truely believe they will go after which ever Receiver is left...after two years of waiting for Rodgers to play...they may want insurance...and don't discount the Eagles here...they have the picks and with T.O. acting up and them dumping Freddie Mitchell....they also could be players for a top line receiver...it's just starting to get interesting.

Damn I would go completely nuts if this were to happen!!! That would be the best case ever. We get Caddy plus a few good picks!! Please let this happen!!

Back
Top Bottom