Peter King: Nice start, Nick Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King: Nice start, Nick Saban

Redvs.Blue Phin

Ever wonder why we're here?
Reaction score
King wrote that he felt Saban did the right thing by taking Brown when he didn't get the right offer to trade out of #2.

He also wrote that we found our next Ricky Williams, except that Brown is faster than Ricky with better hands. :cooldude:

I doubt he is faster and a better catcher than Ricky. Equal, OK, but better, hard to believe until he has some Pro Bowls under his belt and the 9th highest rushing season in NFL history.

Schleprock said:
I doubt he is faster and a better catcher than Ricky. Equal, OK, but better, hard to believe until he has some Pro Bowls under his belt and the 9th highest rushing season in NFL history.

Ricky wasn't fast and had small hands. The small hands is the reason why Edge went above Ricky in the draft.

Being faster and having better hands doesnt mean he is going to be better it just means that he is faster and he has better hands.

Schleprock said:

Brown is faster than Ricky... and some even said out of EVERYONE in the draft he had the best hands..

Redvs.Blue Phin said:
King wrote that he felt Saban did the right thing by taking Brown when he didn't get the right offer to trade out of #2.

He also wrote that we found our next Ricky Williams, except that Brown is faster than Ricky with better hands. :cooldude:
faster than Ricky? Ricky had football speed as we all know. he cud pop it out to the sidelines and leave LB's in his wake. If Brown can do that im excited for coming season.

FanMarino said:
faster than Ricky? Ricky had football speed as we all know. he cud pop it out to the sidelines and leave LB's in his wake. If Brown can do that im excited for coming season.
EXACTLY!!

But alas...people love to project the future here or try and make everything a personal players battle :rolleyes: (ie. everybody read my post as "he doesn't like Ronnie Brown, supports Ricky, and since Brown is our new guy we MUST stick up for him to this guy not agreeing with him being better")

FanMarino said:

no one is dissing Ricky. Brown is also bigger and faster and has better hands than Emmitt Smith. That does not mean he is going to be better than Emmitt Smith. That is just the way it is.

Schleprock said:

We don't know if he is going to be better than Ricky yet.

However he has a good start:

1. Drafted higher (#2 vs. #5)

2. Better mesurables (better 40 time, better body control in the passing game)

3. NO fumble history (Ricky had small hands and coughed up the ball a little more than average)

I will have to wait and see about him being actually faster than Ricky ... in none of the highlight clips I saw of him was he running away from the DB's after he broke through the line. Saw Ricky take it to the house more than once.

I don't understand why everyone is arguing. Brown is faster and has better hands than Ricky...doesn't mean he'll be a better player (I hope so though :D ) I guess everyone forgets that Ricky's "speed" was considered to be a weakness in New Orleans. It wasn't until he came here and lost weight that people started noticing how much quicker he'd become, but he still wasn't a "burner". Brown is MUCH more mature and has hardly any character issues, so Brown wins in that department hands down.

MikeO said:
Ricky wasn't fast and had small hands. The small hands is the reason why Edge went above Ricky in the draft.

Actually, I thought Edge went before Ricky because Bill Polian read some unflattering reports about Williams' character (which, obviously, were dead-on).

Brown wont be smoking any whacky tobacky. Brown wont be quitting any time soon. What can Brown do for you?

One question that needs to be answered:

Is Brown's vision as good as Ricky's??

Back
Top Bottom