Peter King on AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on AFC East

There were some excellent pics flashed in there while he was talking.

All the media hacks will be high on the fins this week because they are stunned that the Pats lost.

The Bills probably played a better game, AWAY and had a tougher win.

The Pats O-line is a major liability. The Dolphins still almost managed to give the game away in the first half.
This will be a MUCH tougher game on Sunday

I guess, but a win at home vs the pats does little more than put us in the driver seat. Last year we were in the driver seat to go to the playoffs under Philbin and ended up driving into the ditch. We are in a very similar situation this week as we were at the end of last year. We just had a huge upset home win vs the pats and then go on the road to Buffalo. Last year we came out like it was a practice game against the bills, totally unprepared and unmotivated. We have a chance this week to see if we are mentally stronger.

The game this week is less about where we are in the standings and more about who we are as a team. Losing a division road game is not insurmountable in the standings, we get to play them again in our house later. But it will say a lot about who we are mentally. Was the patriots game our super bowl, or are we looking to accomplish more this season? If the NE game was just another obstacle in our march to where we want to be, you will see a team as emotionally fired up vs the bills as you did vs the pats. If beating NE was our super bowl we will come out vs the bills like we did last year.

Sunday will tell us a lot about our chances to win the division. Before you can knock off the king of the hill, you have to believe you can, prove you can, and want it more than them. We have proven we can beat them by beating them twice in a row, but now do you believe it and want it more than them? You can bet the pats are still thinking the division is theirs to be had. They have been behind in the standings early in the year many times before and always find a way to come back to win. If we lose ugly to the bills this week, I would lay even money the pats still win the division.

There were some excellent pics flashed in there while he was talking.

All the media hacks will be high on the fins this week because they are stunned that the Pats lost.

The Bills probably played a better game, AWAY and had a tougher win.

The Pats O-line is a major liability. The Dolphins still almost managed to give the game away in the first half.
This will be a MUCH tougher game on Sunday

I agree that the Bill game was a BIT more impressive, and this game will be tougher for Miami, but as far as who beat a better team, Miami beat a Patriots team that has Future HOF QB, a future HOF HC, and a Defense that is far better and more dangerous then the defense the Bills went against.

Also the difference with the Patriots and the Bears is, even when the Patriots are losing, they have a horrible habit of coming back, no one should know that better then the Bills themselves who had them beat last year in the 1st game of 2013 (I believe), only to watch the Pats came back and win the game. Cutler on the other hand is known to be inconsistent.

The Bills are talented, and they always have good games against the Dolphins at their home, but if Miami can play a smart game, Miami has a pretty good chance to leave with a win.

I cannot people are downplaying the Pats win by Miami...lol. It was great, great win.

Ross Tucker on the Dolphins dominating the Patriots in the trenches:

Pats Look Weak in the Trenches
It wasn't just the fact that the Patriots allowed the Miami Dolphins to come back from a 10-point deficit and go on to win by double digits that was surprising -- it was the way in which the Dolphins came back and dominated New England in the second half that was so stunning. Miami pushed around the Patriots up front on both sides of the ball in a manner that has rarely been seen in the Bill Belichick era.

The biggest problem for the Pats is their best guys were the ones failing. If it wasn't Vince Wilfork getting knocked back and pancaked by Dolphins center Samson Satele it was Chandler Jones unable to hold the point at the point of attack or linebackers Jerod Mayo and Jamie Collins unable to get off a block as Knowshon Moreno ran past them with the help of that revamped offensive line in South Florida.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/94277394/nfl-week-2-matchups-to-watch-for-patriots-falcons

Last year buffalo was a major mismatch. All the mumbo jumbo of being unprepared and mentally weak is nonsense. Eventually its just about the players.

Can Miami front 5 consistently deal with Buffalo front 5?

forget running backs I think a well executed read-option offense can make our running game more consistent. maybe its my imagination but I think this scheme will keep us much less prone to negative yardage running plays(because Tannehill can execute this). our guys are not going to average 5+ YPC every week but I see us getting the positive yardage more often that lowers our 3rd down to go yardages(ie more 3rd and 4's than 3rd and 7/8's. I think this is huge. 2nd down is a running down with the hope that 3rd down success rate increases greatly

I guess, but a win at home vs the pats does little more than put us in the driver seat. Last year we were in the driver seat to go to the playoffs under Philbin and ended up driving into the ditch. We are in a very similar situation this week as we were at the end of last year. We just had a huge upset home win vs the pats and then go on the road to Buffalo. Last year we came out like it was a practice game against the bills, totally unprepared and unmotivated. We have a chance this week to see if we are mentally stronger.

The game this week is less about where we are in the standings and more about who we are as a team. Losing a division road game is not insurmountable in the standings, we get to play them again in our house later. But it will say a lot about who we are mentally. Was the patriots game our super bowl, or are we looking to accomplish more this season? If the NE game was just another obstacle in our march to where we want to be, you will see a team as emotionally fired up vs the bills as you did vs the pats. If beating NE was our super bowl we will come out vs the bills like we did last year.

Sunday will tell us a lot about our chances to win the division. Before you can knock off the king of the hill, you have to believe you can, prove you can, and want it more than them. We have proven we can beat them by beating them twice in a row, but now do you believe it and want it more than them? You can bet the pats are still thinking the division is theirs to be had. They have been behind in the standings early in the year many times before and always find a way to come back to win. If we lose ugly to the bills this week, I would lay even money the pats still win the division.

Great post!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I like the 'driver's seat' analogy, because last season Joe Philbin hopped in and promptly drove the car off a clliff.

Last year buffalo was a major mismatch. All the mumbo jumbo of being unprepared and mentally weak is nonsense. Eventually its just about the players.

Can Miami front 5 consistently deal with Buffalo front 5?

This is the type of statement that I find humorous. While I agree that the bills last year were great at running the ball and run defense was our biggest weakness, you can look at the panthers game as the same sort of mismatch. The difference was the level of intensity, and the willingness to compete. Emotion is such a huge part of sports, just look at the 12th man advantage for the seahawks, or the fact that Vegas gives the home team 3 points because of the emotional advantage the fans give the home team.

We humans, are emotional beings, and struggle to overcome the affects that emotions have over our actions. We can be affected in many different ways, but males are very goal oriented. Once a large goal is met there is a natural let down. If you look at some of the great generals of World War II, there have been books written on how some of them became depressed after the war because of the let down of having accomplished the biggest obstacle in their life.

Professional athletes are certainly no more prepared to overcome such emotions than war heroes. There is a reason why Vegas takes letdown games serious, and adjust their spreads accordingly. If you watched last year's bills game and think they had the same intensity as they had for the panthers (a non-division, even non-conference game), than all I can say is we were watching different games.

I like the 'driver's seat' analogy, because last season Joe Philbin hopped in and promptly drove the car off a clliff.

To be honest, I wasn't going to say that and get anything started, but I agree 100%. On the other hand he is still learning to become a head coach just like Ryan is learning to play QB and some of the young players are learning as well. I am not a big Philbin fan, but I will say the players rave about the changes he has made this year to his new coaching style. I have never thought he was a great leader of men, but maybe he is evolving into the coach we need him to become.

To be honest, I wasn't going to say that and get anything started, but I agree 100%. On the other hand he is still learning to become a head coach just like Ryan is learning to play QB and some of the young players are learning as well. I am not a big Philbin fan, but I will say the players rave about the changes he has made this year to his new coaching style. I have never thought he was a great leader of men, but maybe he is evolving into the coach we need him to become.

Ya he's let us down on occasion, but he's still green. At least he picked some very good coaches this off-season...whether he was forced to fire Sherman and Turner or not. I'm OK with giving 3 to 4 years of progression as long as it ends up in a yearly playoff caliber team. I get a feeling they're headed that way...just gotta get there.

Back
Top Bottom