Peter King On Mike and the Dog(NY) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King On Mike and the Dog(NY)

NYPhinFan

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Mentioned the Dolphin situation at QB...said there are alot of suitors for Brunell...might have to overpay to get him...will have alot of competition...and said the Dolphins have had preliminary talks with Casserly about what they will do with Henson...said Houston would be looking for a high pick in NEXT YEARS draft...not this one...said Henson has been working out 5 days a week...all football...said NO WAY he goes back to baseball...thought it was all very interesting

logically, if the Phins can sign Henson and think he is a better prospect that any QBs other then Eil and Ben, they should look into trading for him and keeping their 2004 #1. I just wonder if Henson is gonna want real starter money like Chad Hutch got from Dallas

Re: Re: Peter King On Mike and the Dog(NY)

Originally posted by dolphan39
logically, if the Phins can sign Henson and think he is a better prospect that any QBs other then Eil and Ben, they should look into trading for him and keeping their 2004 #1. I just wonder if Henson is gonna want real starter money like Chad Hutch got from Dallas

I don't claim to be a draft/trade expert, so I'll ask you guys...

Would it be possible to get Henson for a 3rd round pick?

Then...hopefully get a 1st/3rd from Ogun (not counting on him coming back), leaving us with 2 1st round picks and a 3rd.

Is this even a possibility?

Henson looks like he will go back in and be a first round pick.

Originally posted by Jaj
Henson looks like he will go back in and be a first round pick.
you would think that; unless, someone got him to sign a contract for much more than a first round draft pick and convinced Houston to trade him

The problem as I see it is that when Houston trades his rights to a team that team has until the draft to sign him if I am to understand this correctly. If that is true then that puts all the chips in Henson's agent's basket...cuz even though the Texans are right now asking for a first round selection, even if they settle for a 3rd round selection, Henson's agent would know that he can ask whatever he wants and if the new team doesn't play ball he can just wait until the draft where Henson no doubt will be selected in the first or second round.

And even if he doesn't like the results of that, he can sit out of football yet another year and then Henson becomes a free agent.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The problem as I see it is that when Houston trades his rights to a team that team has until the draft to sign him if I am to understand this correctly. If that is true then that puts all the chips in Henson's agent's basket...cuz even though the Texans are right now asking for a first round selection, even if they settle for a 3rd round selection, Henson's agent would know that he can ask whatever he wants and if the new team doesn't play ball he can just wait until the draft where Henson no doubt will be selected in the first or second round.

And even if he doesn't like the results of that, he can sit out of football yet another year and then Henson becomes a free agent.

That won't happen. No team is stupid enough to trade for Henson without a deal in place. If he comes to the Fins the contract will already have been worked out.

Sorry but I believe that the team that drafted him can't trade him until he is signed or he re-enters the NFL Draft.

Plus the team (the Texans) that signed him will be hit with his cap number...

The Texans can trade the "rights" to Henson. The team receiving him would have the opportunity to work out a contract in advance of the trade so nobody gets srewed in the deal.

Is there any way we could trade our pick next year in a similar way to the Ricky trade? Meaning an incentive based deal where ih Drew plays in two games Hou gets a #1. If Drew plays the #2 QB then they get a #2 etc.

I think he will not sign a deal unless it is TOP 15 1st round money. I do not think the Phins should trade for him. There is to big of a chance that he will not sign a deal.

If I were Henson.....THERE IS NO WAY I SIGN A DEAL. Unless it is for big bucks and a team that I like. If he gets back into shape this season. Works on his passing and reading coverages. Comes back in next years Draft......TOP 3!!!!

The Phins just do not hand out big contracts. You have to earn it!!!

This Years Draft
1) Eli
2) Drew
3) Ben

next years draft
1) DREW!!!
2)>>>???<<<LOL

Next Years top senior quarterback is probably Dan Orlovsky out of UConn.

Back
Top Bottom