Peter King on Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Saban

When asked about the Alabama job at last weeks press conference he just shook his head and said I can't believe I'm still being asked this question. He was ready to really blow up. It's a big NO for Alabama. It was quite clear.

Even Rich Rodriguez from West Virginia said no..... Who would want to leave the Miami Dolphins and Wayne H. in the second year with the franchise.... Wayne will be tremedously loyal to Saban, and Saban knows it
Alabama would never be that loyal or patient

Crypt Keeper said:
Yeah, Saban just said "I have every intention of remaining here". Sounds like someone leaving the door open to possibly make the jump to Alabama.

Come on... get off it already. How does a statement like Saban's equate to "leaving the door open?" It doesn't. He's denied this so many times that it isn't funny, and the only reason his name keeps coming up is because the Alabama sports program is trying to generate interest from people they might actually have a chance of hiring.

These people said they turned Bill Parcells down, for crying out loud.

dolfn66 said:
Yeah, WEEZEL I just posted about this and at this point I don't think he's stirring the pot. Think about it, what was it that made Alabama even think to approach Saban in only his second season as head coach of the Dolphins? Also the fact that he wouldn't give a definite answer on his future with Miami leads me to believe he's looking to get out. I really hope this is not the case but as it stands Saban has left himself open to criticism.

Bama mentioned him b/c he used to coach in the SEC West and has modest success in the pros thus far. If we had a big year this year then his name is not even mentioned. Anytime a former college coach struggles in the pros his name gets mentioned for high profile vacancies especially when it's the same division and conference he used to coach in. Why wouldn't Bama mention him? Big time program looking for a big time hire. That being said, Saban has been very clear in is intentions for next which includes coaching the Miami Dolphins. I really don't know much more he can say to reiterate that fact. King said he gave him "opportunies" to rebuff the Bama job and he said he didn't. I'd say the fact he told his agent who told Bama he is not interested is about as big as a rebuff can get. King needs something to say to stir the pot whether it's credible or not. He had his 30 seconds on air and did it. All this will cese when Bama hires someone.

Just curious, has Peter King ever said a credible thing in his life? Until tonight, I thought that he was out of the NFL Biz.

Dmancari23 said:
I would be fine with Saban leaving. Obviously it's better for any organization to have stability and keep one staff in place and have the coaches and players grow together, but I just don't think Saban's the guy. He's made some horrible personnel moves, which I think will be his downfall. I would be all for finding a coordinator to give a shot at their first head coaching job like Cincy did with Marvin Lewis, NO with Sean Payton, Jets with Mangini... There's just something about a young up and coming coach that I think is good for a franchise.

I love your posts...you come in, talk crap and then never come back.

Ignore time...for my sanity.

Dmancari23 said:
I would be fine with Saban leaving. Obviously it's better for any organization to have stability and keep one staff in place and have the coaches and players grow together, but I just don't think Saban's the guy. He's made some horrible personnel moves, which I think will be his downfall. I would be all for finding a coordinator to give a shot at their first head coaching job like Cincy did with Marvin Lewis, NO with Sean Payton, Jets with Mangini... There's just something about a young up and coming coach that I think is good for a franchise.

Nick knows that there are a LOT of Dolphin people who agree with you.

Nick knows that it was probably a mistake to leave college football.

Don't be surprised if he corrects the mistake within about 30 days.

Nick Saban is the Miami Dolphins head coach and he likes it, so there is no reason for him to leave. Beside the pros can offer more money to coach than a college team can....why would Nick want to take a pay cut? END of STORY.

SkapePhin said:
Oh ya, like Matt Roth, Jason Allen, Channing Crowder, Travis Daniels, and Ronnie Brown right??

How are you even a Phin fan? Ive never seen a fan ***** about young promising talent so much..

Roth - Up and coming.
Allen - And the Miami Dolphins take who at number 16?
Crowder - Sensational 3rd round aquisition.
Daniels - Great slot cornerback.
Brown - Where are those Bush/Brown comparisons that were oozing out of the woodwork early in the season? Overrated by fans because we want to love our highest draft pick since who knows when but the truth lies somewhere between good and mediocre.

Culpepper over Brees - He might not get over this hump. Ever.

Nick Saban has made plenty of mistakes and he's done plenty of good. If he goes, I could care less. I'm a Dolphins fan. If he stays, "Let's go Coach!" = "Let's go Dolphins!" I'm a Dolphins fan.

Dmancari23 said:

Funny you mention Marvin Lewis. You probably would have wanted him to leave too b/c his first two seasons he was no better than Saban. Both 8-8 seasons.

Peter was trying to make it look like he know better than Saban what Saban has already said: NO! I lost a lot of respect for Peter yesterday.

I don't have a strong opinion here, but it did bother me a bit that Saban kept saying "we're in the middle of a season". This implied that if the season was over, he could have a different answer. Having said that, I would be very surprised if he left.

Back
Top Bottom