Peter King on Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Saban

AquaAssasin said:
Are you really that worried about saban leaving. Let it go. He is already publicly stated that he isnt interested.

:shakeno:
Yes, I am worried. I think everyone here should be also. There is something defintley something to this story. Jack Delo Rio's name was brought up, he made said "No" once and we haven't heard his name since. Why is Saban's still coming up? Why did he dance around the question last night? I think Saban is interested and will probably talk with Alabama after the season. Whether he takes the job or not, nobody knows.

Crypt Keeper said:
Yes, I am worried. I think everyone here should be also. There is something defintley something to this story. Jack Delo Rio's name was brought up, he made said "No" once and we haven't heard his name since. Why is Saban's still coming up? Why did he dance around the question last night? I think Saban is interested and will probably talk with Alabama after the season. Whether he takes the job or not, nobody knows.

Even if Saban stays this year . . . what about next year? What if all the rumors start again?

This is going to be an annual event for Fin Fans until Saban is GONE . . . then it will be his NEXT team's problem.

Bottom line is, I hope Saban has enough of an ego (which I think he does) to remain as coach of the Dolphins until he wins a championship, like he said he was going to do. I can`t see him leaving until the job here is done!

Champagne said:
Even if Saban stays this year . . . what about next year? What if all the rumors start again?

This is going to be an annual event for Fin Fans until Saban is GONE . . . then it will be his NEXT team's problem.

I am afraid of that also. He had this problem at both MSU and LSU, and now he has it here. If we are lucky and he returns next season, it may be in fact his last season. One thing we probably all can agree on is that Saban will NOT be here more then 5 years. He hasn't been able to stay in one place longer then that.

Why wouuld Saban want to go to Alabama, money ? I'm sure the NFL can match any college offer. When was the last time a NFL coach quit ( not fired or forced to quit) to become a college coach?

Crypt Keeper said:

The reason why Saban's name is continuesly brought up is because he is the most sought after coach and he would be the only fit for the organization. It takes a big time coach to coach at a major university.

Its no secret that they really want saban. If I was Alabama I would doing the same thing too. I would keep trying till the end. Its not that hard to figure it out.

There is no secret. Saban has publicly denied it. If for some reason he decides to leave then so be it. I wish the best for him. Its not like this is the first time a coach has quit on this team.

We need to move on and let the cards fall where they land and right now the cards aint falling.

Let this die topic die a fast death and start focusing on Buffalo. We need to beat Buffalo, continue to keep winning and hope we can squeeze into the playoffs.

Crypt Keeper said:
I am afraid of that also. He had this problem at both MSU and LSU, and now he has it here. If we are lucky and he returns next season, it may be in fact his last season. One thing we probably all can agree on is that Saban will NOT be here more then 5 years. He hasn't been able to stay in one place longer then that.

I think you forget one thing. After Saban has left those programs those programs were very successful. Saban wont leave till the job is done. Its all about ego for him and seeing if he can conquer the big mountain. He has conquered every mountain he has climbed except for the NFL. Once he has done that in the NFL than I could see him leaving.

Goin` Deep said:
Bottom line is, I hope Saban has enough of an ego (which I think he does) to remain as coach of the Dolphins until he wins a championship, like he said he was going to do. I can`t see him leaving until the job here is done!

Exactly, I dont really think that hes leaving till the Fins win the big one.

Crypt Keeper said:

I think the longer you hear nothing coming out of Alabama regarding their head coaching position, the more it becomes pretty apparent that they want to make a big push for Saban after the season.

It seems like they're ready to do almost anything to get him there. Huizenga may eventually have to sweeten the pot a little bit to make sure he stays.

AquaAssasin said:
I think you forget one thing. After Saban has left those programs those programs were very successful. Saban wont leave till the job is done. Its all about ego for him and seeing if he can conquer the big mountain. He has conquered every mountain he has climbed except for the NFL. Once he has done that in the NFL than I could see him leaving.

That is what might keep him here. It's the same issue he faced in college when teams like Chicago and the Giants made strong pushes to get him.

But in the end, you don't know what Alabama may be ready to offer. Sometimes ego can take a back seat to an overwhelming offer. And I'm sure if a lot of people on this board were in his shoes (and can separate their allegiance to this franchise for a minute) they would at least consider the offer of some organization that comes after them as hard as Bama might be doing with Nick.

The only thing that I don't get is that part of the reason he didn't make the NFL jump sooner is because he wanted to go to a team with a great owner. He got that in Wayne, and looking at Alabama, the people in charge look lost and out of their league. Alabama would be a huge step backward from the Dolphins. If he is interested/takes the job, it shows me that he just isn't happy being a NFL coach.

I think Saban's ego will keep him in the NFL. I think he measures himself against his freinds (Belicheck, Magini and such) so how would it sit with him that those guys are successful in the NFL while he ran back to college.

LtDan said:
so instead Finheaven posters just stir yet a bigger pot :shakeno:
There is something going on between Alabama and Saban. We can't just keep blindly pushing it under the rug.

DonShula84 said:
Why cant people drop this already?

YES, please drop it.We're all sick of it. I don't think he's going anywhere. Don't you think it would have come totally out by now????

Back
Top Bottom