Peter King on Saban | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Saban

dolphindebby said:
YES, please drop it.We're all sick of it. I don't think he's going anywhere. Don't you think it would have come totally out by now????
Seaon is still going on, that is why nothing big has come out. Just wait until January 1st.....

Guys, I feel that what we have here is a very shady situation. On the one hand, we should kill thsi subject because we should be talking about Buffalo and the season, and the team definetely needs to kill the subject so we can keepour focus.

Yet, Saban has NOT said that he will be the Miami Dolphins coach in 2007. In fact, another disconcerting comment is the one you will find in the Palm Beach link someone posted above. He says something like Hell, they might not want me here next year". I feel like this shows a lack of confidence and security that Saban has about the job. If it was an open and shut case, he would come out and say, "I will be the head coach of the dolphins next year, no matter what". Instead, he just says "he has no intention" but what does that mean if Bama has the intention? Not to mention way too many people are talking about this. Its not just ProFootball Weekly. We now have Mortensen, Peter King, newspapers, web sites, etc.

I would be incredibely surprised (and horribly dissapointed) in Nick Saban if he quit after two years. He did a whole lot of talking about "building a franchise/being patient etc" to quit after two pretty decent first seasons. Its not like th eguy has gone 4-12 in his first years. He took a team in shambles with Aj feeley at the helm and took them to 9-7 in a year, we will finish with a similar record this year, after beating some great teams. This team is on the uprise and people seem to forget it took Marvin Lewis three seasons to get into the playoffs. I dont believe Nick Saban is that short sighted to just leave, after all he always preaches the whole patient thing. If he left, it would be because the NFL is way too demanding, and because the pressure that south florida is putting on him is outrageous. I can tell that aspect of the league is something he doesnt care for.

There might be a lot of reasons why Nick and Terry aren't very happy right now in South Florida. Some have heard them say that they were happier in the college ranks. The Dolphins are a great organization, but, if a coach is happier in the college ranks, not even the Dolphins will be the best place for him.

Champagne said:
There might be a lot of reasons why Nick and Terry aren't very happy right now in South Florida. Some have heard them say that they were happier in the college ranks. The Dolphins are a great organization, but, if a coach is happier in the college ranks, not even the Dolphins will be the best place for him.

The only reason I can see Saban leaving is b/c the workload in the pros is too much for his family. I hope he doesn't though b/c I think he can win a championship here.

as I have said many times, Finheaven: Home of the most paranoid fans you'll ever meet.

Seriously, some of you overreact about everything. thinking we might not get Saban, flipping out when we waited a week to sign Kevin Carter, calling every draft pick not named Channing Crowder a bust, trashing Joey, trashing Saban, trashing Chambers, wanting to move Zach to SS, the only guy who doesn't get trashed any more is JT.

How many times does the guy have to say no?

It's as if some of you want him to leave for the shear fact that he hasn't won us a Super Bowl yet.

Back
Top Bottom