Peter King on Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King on Saban

WEEZEL

Scout Team
Reaction score
Did I hear him say he asked Saban twice about Alabama and Saban never said no? Is he just stiring the pot?

Yeah, Saban just said "I have every intention of remaining here". Sounds like someone leaving the door open to possibly make the jump to Alabama.

Hopefully today's big win can change Saban's mind. I hope he stays here and doesn't take the Alabama job in January.

WEEZEL said:
Did I hear him say he asked Saban twice about Alabama and Saban never said no? Is he just stiring the pot?

Yeah, WEEZEL I just posted about this and at this point I don't think he's stirring the pot. Think about it, what was it that made Alabama even think to approach Saban in only his second season as head coach of the Dolphins? Also the fact that he wouldn't give a definite answer on his future with Miami leads me to believe he's looking to get out. I really hope this is not the case but as it stands Saban has left himself open to criticism.

I wish Alabama would just get it over with and hire some scrub coach like they always do..

I cannot see Saban wanting any part of that job.. He has a bright future here.. in the NFL! Why go back to a second rate college program and tarnish your image?

Ummm... I'm going to go out on a loop here... "I have every intention of staying here". Sounds like a "no" to me. Just because he used more than one word to express that doesn't mean he was dancing around the subject.

I would be fine with Saban leaving. Obviously it's better for any organization to have stability and keep one staff in place and have the coaches and players grow together, but I just don't think Saban's the guy. He's made some horrible personnel moves, which I think will be his downfall. I would be all for finding a coordinator to give a shot at their first head coaching job like Cincy did with Marvin Lewis, NO with Sean Payton, Jets with Mangini... There's just something about a young up and coming coach that I think is good for a franchise.

Why can't Alabama just sign so no name guy because nobody wants that job and them keep going after Saban is getting annoying.

Dmancari23 said:
I would be fine with Saban leaving. Obviously it's better for any organization to have stability and keep one staff in place and have the coaches and players grow together, but I just don't think Saban's the guy. He's made some horrible personnel moves, which I think will be his downfall. I would be all for finding a coordinator to give a shot at their first head coaching job like Cincy did with Marvin Lewis, NO with Sean Payton, Jets with Mangini... There's just something about a young up and coming coach that I think is good for a franchise.

Oh ya, like Matt Roth, Jason Allen, Channing Crowder, Travis Daniels, and Ronnie Brown right??

How are you even a Phin fan? Ive never seen a fan ***** about young promising talent so much..

Im not liking the idea of the Dolphins not being coached by Saban next year. If he leaves alot of people are gonna be pissed at him both in college and in the pros. How would he look if he leaves LSU for Miami only to leave Miami after only 2 years, not good.

Look... all I know is that if Nick Saban's heart is not into turning this franchise around and getting the Miami Dolphins a Lombardi trophy then I say get lost Nick. :tantrum:

musphinzfan said:
Saban isnt going anywheres!!

Better not, I've been defending him too much for him to make me out to be a liar. I just want him to make all these rumours go away and tell people that he's commited to the Miami Dolphins organization for years to come.

Are these threads still going to be popping up in October after Alabama flies to an 0-4 start under Larry Coker or Walt Harris?

Just curious as to how many more of these "(fill in the blank here) reports that Saban said he wasn't taking the Alabama job but sneezed. Psychological analysis to follow" threads we have to look forward to.

Saban didn't tell Peter King no? Think maybe because he's said no a thousand times already and nobody believed him so why bother anymore?

I agree it just seems..........tacky of Peter to report something like that

Back
Top Bottom