Peter King's Offseason rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter King's Offseason rankings

I love the part about the Jets: "Cap hell is coming. I guarantee that". Back to the cellar with ya!!

i can't believe the rams got wilkins for a 6th rounder!!! wtf were we thinking? curious as to what his salary is...

Originally posted by Fiedler for MVP
a very servicable 2nd or 3rd WR, and pro bowl return guy? a high salary indeed, DWB

Very true. Miami wanted Wilkins badly but couldn't fit him under the cap. Wilkins agent was calling Miami every day for about 2 weeks according to reports. Wilkins wanted to come to Miami. But the Fins didn't have the cap space.

Just remember...non of this means squat till Sept...:D

. If Rob Johnson stays healthy (isn't that the beginning of every sentence in every preseason preview for every team Rob Johnson's ever played for?), he'll unseat Brad Johnson and be a good quarterback for this team.

you've got to be kidding:lol: And watch the sack count rise!

Originally posted by phins054
Just remember...non of this means squat till Sept...:D
How right you are 54. This is not a prognostication for the Super Bowl. However, it is also nice that King dismisses the impact of losing Mixon and Bromell; let's hope he's prophetic.

Originally posted by Miamian

How right you are 54. This is not a prognostication for the Super Bowl. However, it is also nice that King dismisses the impact of losing Mixon and Bromell; let's hope he's prophetic.

I think Mixon will hurt more than Bromell at this stage, especially after picking up Burnett. The question mark is can chester plug the line like we all hope? I for one am optimistic, as is King. We really do have some awesome talent this year...hopefully it will finally gel for us...and will be singin the super bowl shuffle! :band:

And thats funny at this point with Daryl Gardener filling in at rush defense from the LDE position, I tend to think we'll miss Lorenzo Brommell a lot more than Kenny Mixon.

There's no guarantee that Burnett can be as good a part-time rusher as LoBro was. LoBro's mistake this year was he took this season as his big chance to show he was a complete DE. He packed on some weight and tried to hold steady against the run. He didn't have the same burst on passrush. Conversely Kenny Mixon dropped a bunch of weight trying to become a passrush threat...he wasn't, and he lost a lot of leverage at the point of attack. There is pretty much no reason whatsoever to think that Daryl Gardener can't play run defense from LDE better than Mixon did. But there may be reason to say Burnett wont be as effective a part-time rusher as LoBro.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
And thats funny at this point with Daryl Gardener filling in at rush defense from the LDE position, I tend to think we'll miss Lorenzo Brommell a lot more than Kenny Mixon.

There's no guarantee that Burnett can be as good a part-time rusher as LoBro was. LoBro's mistake this year was he took this season as his big chance to show he was a complete DE. He packed on some weight and tried to hold steady against the run. He didn't have the same burst on passrush. Conversely Kenny Mixon dropped a bunch of weight trying to become a passrush threat...he wasn't, and he lost a lot of leverage at the point of attack. There is pretty much no reason whatsoever to think that Daryl Gardener can't play run defense from LDE better than Mixon did. But there may be reason to say Burnett wont be as effective a part-time rusher as LoBro.

Burnett HAS Pro-bowl ability....He is only 2 years removed from a 10 sack season in which he started all year. AS A STARTER last year he saw his production drop, most likely due to 3 seperate injuries, a groin injury a calf injury and a broken hand that he played with all season or at least through thirteen games.....which brings me to my next point, having only played in 13 games last year, He has had plenty of time to get healthy AND refreshed. Add to that the excitement of coming to a new team with the possibility of only having to work part time for the same pay, but getting all the big press because of the dramatic position that you play......Burnett has new and younger team mates to impress and set an example for and judging by alll reprts of his character, I think he is the man for the job and I think we got our next Trace. I HOPE I'm right, but you can at least see why I am optimistic right?

Back
Top Bottom