Peter Konz | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peter Konz

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Here's some good film of Konz, broken down in terms of positive plays and negative plays. The thing is, I like Konz even in the "negative plays". He's doesn't strike me as elite athlete, more in the mold of Alex Mack- a staight up mauler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPMVloAiCTA

I doubt that we get him, but you never know. And could I see him at Center and Pouncey at pulling Guard? Yup.

I doubt that we get him, but you never know. And could I see him at Center and Pouncey at pulling Guard? Yup.
I do like Konz..and I think he will be a great pro. I also agree that Pouncy could make a great LG. BUT..Pouncy has been very good at C for us, and he will only get better. I find it hard to believe that a guy playing so well at a position will be moved after his rookie season.

I do like Konz..and I think he will be a great pro. I also agree that Pouncy could make a great LG. BUT..Pouncy has been very good at C for us, and he will only get better. I find it hard to believe that a guy playing so well at a position will be moved after his rookie season.

/QUOTE]

I hear you. I wouldn't even suggest it if I didn't think that Konz was THAT good, and that Pouncey wouldn't make an outstanding pulling Guard. Normally I wouldn't even think OL early, but from what I see, interms of what we need vs what will be available talent and position wise in the draft:

Yes I want a QB, but even if I really liked Barkley (I don't) there's a good chance he'll be gone before we pick. I'm not interested in Landry Jones and RGIII strikes me as a very high risk/high reward pick- I'd rather go a more stable route. Luck will be out of the picture. And that leaves my personal favorite, Brandon Weeden. When all is said and done, his age, talent, etc- take him with our second round pick. Not to offend anyone, but I think that I would rather have Matt Moore than Landry Jones.

- I'd rather focus on the offense with the early picks, the defense can wait- yes, we need a pass rusher opposite Wake and the jury is still out on Sean Smith. Regardless, fix the offense first.

There are no grade A stud TE's coming out and WR Justin Blackmon will probably be gone, other than him I'd probably not go for a 1st rd WR, I'd rather develop Clyde Gates and have him stretch the field next year. We're good at RB.

That leaves OL. Decastro- all pro material, Konz nearly the same. Adcok, Zeitler, Nix, Glenn, Osemele, Adams, Sanders, Mosley- plenty of Guards and Right Tackles out there this year. Remember how there were debates about the importance of Right Tackles and interior linemen on this site in the last few years? Are Centers worthy of 1st rd picks? Right Tackles? Hell yes... And this year, Colombo is a MAJOR problem and Carey is hot and cold, probably not long for a Dolphins uniform- just my guess. Personally I think that the importance of RT is self evident, but look at what Dallas did with Demarcus Ware against us, moving him around. Gave Jake Long fits, imagine what it did to Colombo...

So my theory is- draft Weeden and fix the OL. Slide down in the 1st, pick up Decastro, maybe Konz if he's gone. Grab Weeden with the high #2 and then look at Adcok and Zeitler, also Glenn and Osemele. And if Mike Adams slides...

And Coby Fleener- maybe go after him in rd 3, which throws off my OL plans, but Fleener is just just plain good and getting that height is not a bad thing- as always, see Rob Gronkowski. Anyway, we need playmakers, observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eAaWcaRiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VntqR5-2Ng

Something I've been thinking about- some people refer to Andrew Luck as putting too much air under the ball. He's not rifling it sometimes, but I know that he can generate some good speed on his throws by watching certain out patters and some deeper balls. But Fleener and Zach Ertz are both what, 6-6? That's not a bad reason to leave a little air under the ball, let the twin towers go up and get it. Doesn't mean he can't bring it- not a huge arm, but a good arm. It's not a Brandon Weeden arm, and it certaintly is not a Carson Palmer arm. But it's a very good arm. Moot point, he's going to Indy, and that's where he'll stay.

^^ I see your point. Im not in total agreement with it all...but I do see the validity in your plan for sure. If its me, Id rather trade up to get Barkley if we can. Now if we cant get Luck or Barkley (after trying as hard as we can) then I could see the argument of trading down and going OL. Now, if Claiborne is on the board...id take him over the OL plan though...and Ashlon Jeffries would make me think hard as well.

/QUOTE]

I hear you. I wouldn't even suggest it if I didn't think that Konz was THAT good, and that Pouncey wouldn't make an outstanding pulling Guard. Normally I wouldn't even think OL early, but from what I see, interms of what we need vs what will be available talent and position wise in the draft:

Yes I want a QB, but even if I really liked Barkley (I don't) there's a good chance he'll be gone before we pick. I'm not interested in Landry Jones and RGIII strikes me as a very high risk/high reward pick- I'd rather go a more stable route. Luck will be out of the picture. And that leaves my personal favorite, Brandon Weeden. When all is said and done, his age, talent, etc- take him with our second round pick. Not to offend anyone, but I think that I would rather have Matt Moore than Landry Jones.

- I'd rather focus on the offense with the early picks, the defense can wait- yes, we need a pass rusher opposite Wake and the jury is still out on Sean Smith. Regardless, fix the offense first.

There are no grade A stud TE's coming out and WR Justin Blackmon will probably be gone, other than him I'd probably not go for a 1st rd WR, I'd rather develop Clyde Gates and have him stretch the field next year. We're good at RB.

That leaves OL. Decastro- all pro material, Konz nearly the same. Adcok, Zeitler, Nix, Glenn, Osemele, Adams, Sanders, Mosley- plenty of Guards and Right Tackles out there this year. Remember how there were debates about the importance of Right Tackles and interior linemen on this site in the last few years? Are Centers worthy of 1st rd picks? Right Tackles? Hell yes... And this year, Colombo is a MAJOR problem and Carey is hot and cold, probably not long for a Dolphins uniform- just my guess. Personally I think that the importance of RT is self evident, but look at what Dallas did with Demarcus Ware against us, moving him around. Gave Jake Long fits, imagine what it did to Colombo...

So my theory is- draft Weeden and fix the OL. Slide down in the 1st, pick up Decastro, maybe Konz if he's gone. Grab Weeden with the high #2 and then look at Adcok and Zeitler, also Glenn and Osemele. And if Mike Adams slides...

And Coby Fleener- maybe go after him in rd 3, which throws off my OL plans, but Fleener is just just plain good and getting that height is not a bad thing- as always, see Rob Gronkowski. Anyway, we need playmakers, observe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_eAaWcaRiU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VntqR5-2Ng

Something I've been thinking about- some people refer to Andrew Luck as putting too much air under the ball. He's not rifling it sometimes, but I know that he can generate some good speed on his throws by watching certain out patters and some deeper balls. But Fleener and Zach Ertz are both what, 6-6? That's not a bad reason to leave a little air under the ball, let the twin towers go up and get it. Doesn't mean he can't bring it- not a huge arm, but a good arm. It's not a Brandon Weeden arm, and it certaintly is not a Carson Palmer arm. But it's a very good arm. Moot point, he's going to Indy, and that's where he'll stay.
I love what you're thinking. If Miami could get DeCastro in round 1 and somehow get both Weeden and Fleener. I'd love that draft. Mid round look at RT and add defense.

Back
Top Bottom