Peyton Manning as GM? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning as GM?

Wasn't Manning going to run for Senate?

I wouldn't want him here. If it turned out that Gase wasn't effective as a HC it would be damn near impossible to get rid of him.

That's what I read a couple weeks ago, but I just searched it. He says no interest..so maybe a gm gig would be in the works
I would be all for Manning possibly becoming our GM. Unlike Marino, Manning seems like the type that would do well in that position. When I think of Marino I don't really think of someone that played a cerebral type of game. Plus Marino has already quit once before in a similar position.

I support anybody over Tannenbaum for two reasons. Not only is it very hard to be worse than Tannenbaum, but he's a conman who is likely to dupe Ross into keeping him for at least another 5 years. I don't care if his replacement is Ted Ginn's family, I will support it if it means the organization can move on from him.

As long as Manning is also in the booth calling the plays. Let’s be honest, Gase didn’t call the plays in Denver, that was Manning.

Love the idea. But Ross won't fire T-Bum.

While talking about Manning jointing the organization, a bit off subject....
We all love #13. But what has he done since becoming 'special adviser'? What has he advised? He is collecting paychecks, right?

Dan was great on the field chemistry wise with players he was on offense with, Dan off the field... not so much. When CBS let him go, he kind of hung in limbo for a bit and when reality sunk in that he had bills to pay and every day life stuff, he came on board with the franchise. At first he may have had thoughts/dreams of working towards the Elway type of gig over time but I believe he became okay with his role to the franchise. He gets to watch the QBs practice and throw in his two cents(which is great!) and watch film with them from time to time but overall he is basically a party trick that you break out at events "And here is Dan Marino!" followed by a half ass smile on his face because he rather be in a booth somewhere watching the game.

As for Manning, not really sure where people are digging this info from, just the other day on FS1 he did a sit down with Troy Aikman(few days before the retirement of jersey and statue stuff for colts) and he even said people told him he would miss the game and this and that but he is enjoying life with wife and kids, vacation, gets to watch Eli play a lot more, he just seems overall content. I am sure at some point he will get back into football in some shape or form but he is a hard worker and works for where he ends up/how he gets it, so I have a feeling he would take some low end entry level like job with a franchise and learn the ropes before deciding "I want to be a GM". Sadly, Miami is not the place to learn where to become a successful GM. Personally, I would enjoy seeing him in a Gruden type of role.. not MNF but the Gruden's QB Camp stuff leading up to the Draft(s). It would be amazing to see Manning pick the minds of young QBs, getting them to learn new things/teaching them how to read this or that defense, etc.. I would tune in every damn time and even during reruns.

Last edited:
Being a Vol fan I would say no!! The only thing I would want Peyton as is a QB adviser. Not a couch even. Cause he doesn't seem to understand that not every QB see the field as he does.

I could see Peyton doing the TV thing, possibly calling game even working in a studio, but to give him a GM job because he was a great QB....no way.

As for Manning, not really sure where people are digging this info from, just the other day on FS1 he did a sit down with Troy Aikman(few days before the retirement of jersey and statue stuff for colts) and he even said people told him he would miss the game and this and that but he is enjoying life with wife and kids, vacation, gets to watch Eli play a lot more, he just seems overall content. I am sure at some point he will get back into football in some shape or form but he is a hard worker and works for where he ends up/how he gets it, so I have a feeling he would take some low end entry level like job with a franchise and learn the ropes before deciding "I want to be a GM". Sadly, Miami is not the place to learn where to become a successful GM. Personally, I would enjoy seeing him in a Gruden type of role.. not MNF but the Gruden's QB Camp stuff leading up to the Draft(s). It would be amazing to see Manning pick the minds of young QBs, getting them to learn new things/teaching them how to read this or that defense, etc.. I would tune in every damn time and even during reruns.

From Jay Glazer, who is as plugged in as anyone in the business?

Being a Vol fan I would say no!! The only thing I would want Peyton as is a QB adviser. Not a couch even. Cause he doesn't seem to understand that not every QB see the field as he does.

Wow this is a terrible post

From Jay Glazer, who is as plugged in as anyone in the business?

I got that much from your first post lol, I just meant like where is Glazer hearing these rumblings? Are teams just hearing Manning in past leaving the door open to idea of being a GM and tossing their hats in the ring ahead of time or is there a close person to Manning revealing this stuff? I get it's a business and sources are sources but it seems a bit far fetched.. although crazier things have happened in the NFL.

Peyton is a winner. No one will work harder and put more work in than Peyton Manning. Just hope he doesn't ruin his legacy in Cleveland! The Mistake on The Lake is a cursed cesspool. He will return to Indy and fix the Colts.

Back
Top Bottom