Peyton Manning to miami theory (myth) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton Manning to miami theory (myth)

snake eyes

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok let me say this I dont care if we trade for Jebus himself we need to draft a quarterback in the first round. So there is some talk about peyton manning landing in miami next season. At first I thought this was Impossible, then I thought it was stupid now, not so much. First of all his career may be over anyway so in that case the point would be moot. However if the colts do draft luck and that pisses off manning what is the most logical place for him to land? Well I would say first the NFC is out of the question. His brother is in the NFC and he wouldnt want to do that IMO. Ok so then he stays in the AFC. Which division? IMO again, he would want to go to the best to beat the best. The AFC east. Tom Brady against Peyton Manning. Now B E F O R E you all B A S H me out of hand. READ this again!!!!!!!!!! I am just talking out loud here. Speculating. So lets review:

1> We need to draft a QB this year.
2> We need new coach and staff this year
3> If (IF) Manning can even play and is available I say we give him a shot.

Ok, Release the Kraken!! Your thoughts.

Another part of the equation is the money. If the money was right in Washington, I'm sure that he would enjoy playing against his brother.

Jesus a.k.a Tim Tebow will be up for grabs.

I'm with you.

First of all though, I think the colts have to release peyton or pay him. IF they release him, he basically would have his choice of where he wants to go. So I agree with you there. It would just be a contract deal, since than we wouldn't have to give up any compensation via draft picks and what not for him. Would I bring in peyton manning???? hell yes, every time out of 100...

I especially like this scenario if say we get peyton AND finish bad enough to land barkley... having barkley sit behind peyton a few years would be insane. If peyton fails due to the injury, I think barkley is good enough to step in right away anyhow... win win if you ask me.

still think it's a pipedream though.

I would want peyton manning only if we draft a qb in the first round. Give them our 1st round picks for this year and maybe a second idc. However if we dont get a qb in the first round that peyton can stay where he is. I mean having peyton manning would be amazing simply because we have the best patriot anti weapon ever made in the nfl.
Could you imagine Rivalry championships before the super bowl. Patriots vs Dolphins. Oh my. I still think we would need another wr. Not just a wr but a good return man.

The thing i don't quite get, is why would he come if we draft Barkley, if he doesn't want to stay in Indy if the Colts draft Luck. I would try to get him first, and then see what he want's from the draft.

He'll be released so the Phins can sign him without compensation. I'd take him but still need to draft a future prospect at QB with the first pick.

If Peyton were to be released, why in the world would he want to go to a sad sack team and crappy organization like Miami?? I am sure he'd prefer many other much more desirable destinations and teams to play for.

Don't hate it, but being honest I think the Jets would be an optimum choice for him if he's looking for another ring before hanging it up (and that's a big if as his health issue is a major concern and he may be done anyway).

The Jets imo would be more interested and they have a front office that does what it takes to make things happen, unlike miami. If Sanchez keeps up his sub-mediocre play (and I think he will), and Peyton gets released and receives a good word from the doctors, I'd bet that he goes to the Jets. or they'd be a major player for his services.

i think he would like the challange anywhere. Him+Colts= SB contender. Colts alone = worst team in the nfl by far. So he could go anywhere IMO.

i think he would like the challange anywhere. Him+Colts= SB contender. Colts alone = worst team in the nfl by far. So he could go anywhere IMO.

Healthy, pre-injury Peyton Manning plus offense he has been running for twelve years with guys he has coached up since they were drafted equals Super Bowl contender.

Thirty six year old Peyton Manning with nerve damage coming off of a neck surgery that actually made his upper body mobility and strength worse in a desperate attempt to prevent further damage? With a new team, a new system, and new players around him? Don't think so.

I hope he goes to the Jets. A lot of people in New York will be jumping off of the Brooklyn Bridge.

Back
Top Bottom