Peyton willing to structure contract | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Peyton willing to structure contract

I'd sign up for that. He gets his money based on playing time. If he played every game he would be worth more than what he would probably make if there wasn't so much uncertainty surrounding his neck

good lord he's giving you a get out of jail free card pretty much...everybody is gonna be on this...everybody who doesn't have a top 12 qb or one they believe will become one should be on this...mad competition for his services this offseason...half the league should be in this sweepstakes

That is a DEAL maker right there! Makes it no risk ALL reward!!

Draft a QB in Rd 2 and have them ready to go and waiting in the wings!

I haven't been a bif fan of us talking about signing Manning, but I am beginning to get on board. I know he is a big question mark, but so is Flynn. The more I hear what Peyton has to say, the more I think the guy just really wants to play. Money is not a factor and if we pick him up, he would have to earn his money, if the article is true. If we get Peyton, we HAVE to get a Tannehill or Osweiler or another young QB to learn from him. Worst case scenario, we sign him, he doesn't get on the field, and Moore starts, but he is still on the roster and is basically a coach for a young guy. Not such a bad situation, IMO. Now if Flynn signs elsewhere and ends up becoming the next Aaron Rodgers, I will not be surprised. Such is life as a Dolphins fan. I just want something to be excited about for a change.

i think if peyton comes here maybe you burn a 3rd round pick on a qb with tools but needs time to develop like osweiler...or you just roll with manning and moore and next year draft your qb to develop for the future...

i doubt tannehill is getting out of the top 20 anymore to be honest

It could very well be a dual Qb situation where Peyton feels the arm acting up and we rest him. I dont care what anyone says, Matt Moore will be the best backup in the game and he could easily win games for us. The risk is really not all that bad and it adds excitement to dolphin football for sure.

There may not be a need to draft a QB early or at all. Matt Moore is a fine QB for this team and he is under contract. He will have a leg up on the offense over everyone.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

i think if peyton comes here maybe you burn a 3rd round pick on a qb with tools but needs time to develop like osweiler...or you just roll with manning and moore and next year draft your qb to develop for the future...

i doubt tannehill is getting out of the top 20 anymore to be honest

If you go that route and talking third round my thinking is Nick Foles.

a lot us have been saying he will take a performance contract and not try to hose us, like a lot think. i think manning just wants to play football, money is not #1 priority right now.

It could very well be a dual Qb situation where Peyton feels the arm acting up and we rest him. I dont care what anyone says, Matt Moore will be the best backup in the game and he could easily win games for us. The risk is really not all that bad and it adds excitement to dolphin football for sure.

There may not be a need to draft a QB early or at all. Matt Moore is a fine QB for this team and he is under contract. He will have a leg up on the offense over everyone.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

If you go that route and talking third round my thinking is Nick Foles.

My feelings exactly. People think that if we sign Manning we'll be in the same situation three years from now that we are in now which is ridiculous. Who is to say that we don't upgrade the RT position and draft a qb in this draft for Manning to groom? Sign Manning to a incentive deal and still have money to spend on some solid FA's and draft for key positions to help Manning. It's not like we don't have a capable backup. I mean we started him this year and he went 6-3 in his last nine games. If anything Moore could hold down the fort until Manning is ready. Even if you sign Manning when he is not 100% you would still have him on your roster to Mentor any qb you pick up in the draft.

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

a lot us have been saying he will take a performance contract and not try to hose us, like a lot think. i think manning just wants to play football, money is not #1 priority right now.

Agreed. Manning just wants to win.

Manning wants to win some more Super Bowl championships before he hangs it up. I would love to have him down here and see him in aqua and orange.

I always think of Manning as a high character guy who has some morals aside from football. If he truly just wants to win another championship, then money is not a priority, especially since you already have it.

Now your going to hear Jets fans hyperventilate over Manning.

Back
Top Bottom