PFF : Breakout candidates for all 16 AFC teams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF : Breakout candidates for all 16 AFC teams

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Will Kader Kohou continue to exceed expectations? The former undrafted free agent impressed last season and will now play alongside Jalen Ramsey.

The kid right now has projected above average starter with the potential to go higher

He’s proven he can play outside yet he has the perfect skillset for the slot too, another chess piece that can move around

Will Kader Kohou continue to exceed expectations? The former undrafted free agent impressed last season and will now play alongside Jalen Ramsey.

He broke out last year. I don't know how he "breaks out" again with X and Ramsey. He'll be a cast member but they'll be the stars.

I think Kohou will get his chance to shine again.
1)teams are going to be passing a lot against us because a)they won't be able to run the ball, b)they'll be behind
2)teams will avoid Ramsey and X
3)it is a passing league and teams don't run just 2 WRs anymore like in 1977.

He broke out last year. I don't know how he "breaks out" again with X and Ramsey. He'll be a cast member but they'll be the stars.
Yep, and what a valuable cast member to have. When he has another good year but maybe doesn't get 8 picks and get named first team All Pro some on this board will dump all over him. Just like they did with Holland this year, spouting for all the world to hear their flaming hot takes that he "regressed". Very stoked to have Kader on this team, when this guy is (most likely) a situational player you just know that Dolphin secondary is going to be sick nasty.

Yep, and what a valuable cast member to have. When he has another good year but maybe doesn't get 8 picks and get named first team All Pro some on this board will dump all over him. Just like they did with Holland this year, spouting for all the world to hear their flaming hot takes that he "regressed". Very stoked to have Kader on this team, when this guy is (most likely) a situational player you just know that Dolphin secondary is going to be sick nasty.
Holland didn't regress (You weren't saying he did but I'll speak to it for others). Due to the MASH unit that was the secondary last year he had to flip to playing pure free safety and wasn't able to roam like the swiss army knife hungry lion he is. Those who don't know how to watch football think he regressed. Instead, what he did was save our bacon.

Holland didn't regress (You weren't saying he did but I'll speak to it for others). Due to the MASH unit that was the secondary last year he had to flip to playing pure free safety and wasn't able to roam like the swiss army knife hungry lion he is. Those who don't know how to watch football think he regressed. Instead, what he did was save our bacon.
Holland is exactly the kind of player this team needs more of. It's kinda like Waddle playing possession receiver in his first year , not really his game so to speak but he did what the team needed and performed admirably. Box score fanatics and highlight reel watchers bemoaned his lack of "big plays", when in fact he was functioning at an historic level . As McDaniel used Waddle correctly last year ( with healthy and viable options at his disposal), so will Fangio use Holland this year. Vic's gotta be salivating!

Holland is exactly the kind of player this team needs more of. It's kinda like Waddle playing possession receiver in his first year , not really his game so to speak but he did what the team needed and performed admirably. Box score fanatics and highlight reel watchers bemoaned his lack of "big plays", when in fact he was functioning at an historic level . As McDaniel used Waddle correctly last year ( with healthy and viable options at his disposal), so will Fangio use Holland this year. Vic's gotta be salivating!
I think Long fits in here too.

Got to love what Kohou accomplished as a rookie. He just needs to work on getting his head around more quickly and avoiding those pass interference penalties.

Kohou was amazing last year. It was easier getting rid of a piece of gun on your shoe in 100+ degree temp, then to beat or lose him.

Hoping he makes another jump this year to elite.

Cam Smith and Kader Kohou could be the future of the Dolphins after Miami has to let X and Ramsey's high salaries go in a few years.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom