PFF : Breakout candidates for all 16 AFC teams | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF : Breakout candidates for all 16 AFC teams

There is that, but I think the arrival of Ramsay will motivate X to play his best ball to show he is top dog.
Maybe the fact that he was playing injured last year had something to do with it? Let's give the guy a little room to get healthy before we start planning his retirement

Sauce Gardner won DROY and he holds tighter than the Flex Seal in Phil Swift's boat. Like you said some officials turn a blind eye and the NFL won't ever make interference reviewable because it happens nearly every play, games would be 4 hours long . Just don't get caught I guess. Much more positive to love about Kader's game, hopefully Ramsey can show him a few more tricks of the trade.
Fair enough; Kohou has some a lot of potential. However, I'm an idealist trying to survive in a realist world. I believe things should be fair, but it's impossible. IMO, something is wrong with the entire system when Pass Interference is called on one DB, but when another DB does the EXACT same thing, it's not called... there needs to be consistency. Holding by o-linemen is another big issue because it happens every play but isn't always called. Either call every hold or make it legal; otherwise, it's not fair. When Brady was a Patriot, we Dolphins fans know for a fact that his o-line got away with a lot of holding because the League wanted to protect its "Golden Boy", and that was blatant bias in favor of New England.

On one hand, I really wish that they'd use modern technology to see the whole field and call EVERY penalty. I don't care if it makes the game longer, it goes by too fast as it is, and I'd rather that the game be 100% fair. These guys get a LOT of money to play a game, and if it takes an extra hour to make the game fair, what's the problem? They're still only playing for 60 minutes!

On the other hand, since the Officials are human (imperfect, and possibly biased) and the League refuses to cut into its profits to use technology to ensure that the game is fair, let's just do away with rules that are never enforced fairly. Make holding by linemen legal; do whatever you want, as long as you don't take the guy to the ground. I'm actually surprised that they haven't officially done this already, as they've been doing it unofficially for years to protect certain QBs. In the old days, defenders were draped all over WRs as they ran their routes, so let them fight it out again.

Unfortunately (for me), although football is a sport and by definition should be played with fairness and good sportsmanship in mind, the NFL is in the Entertainment business and doesn't care about fairness, just profits.

Fair enough; Kohou has some a lot of potential. However, I'm an idealist trying to survive in a realist world. I believe things should be fair, but it's impossible. IMO, something is wrong with the entire system when Pass Interference is called on one DB, but when another DB does the EXACT same thing, it's not called... there needs to be consistency. Holding by o-linemen is another big issue because it happens every play but isn't always called. Either call every hold or make it legal; otherwise, it's not fair. When Brady was a Patriot, we Dolphins fans know for a fact that his o-line got away with a lot of holding because the League wanted to protect its "Golden Boy", and that was blatant bias in favor of New England.

On one hand, I really wish that they'd use modern technology to see the whole field and call EVERY penalty. I don't care if it makes the game longer, it goes by too fast as it is, and I'd rather that the game be 100% fair. These guys get a LOT of money to play a game, and if it takes an extra hour to make the game fair, what's the problem? They're still only playing for 60 minutes!

On the other hand, since the Officials are human (imperfect, and possibly biased) and the League refuses to cut into its profits to use technology to ensure that the game is fair, let's just do away with rules that are never enforced fairly. Make holding by linemen legal; do whatever you want, as long as you don't take the guy to the ground. I'm actually surprised that they haven't officially done this already, as they've been doing it unofficially for years to protect certain QBs. In the old days, defenders were draped all over WRs as they ran their routes, so let them fight it out again.

Unfortunately (for me), although football is a sport and by definition should be played with fairness and good sportsmanship in mind, the NFL is in the Entertainment business and doesn't care about fairness, just profits.
Are you exaggerating to make a point?

Is it Kool aid? Or could it be a more versatile scheme, better game planning and effective in game adjustments?

The etymology of the Kool aid comment is a reference to Jim Jones, convincing followers to poison their children, then themselves, over obviously irrational beliefs.

Nobody knows for absolute certainty that VF will field a defense superior to last year, but his history, and the fact that he has better, healthier players are a strong indication of better than last year, maybe substantially so. I don't think that's irrational.
I am not trying to be skeptical but everything looks better on paper than action. And yes I am familiar with Jonestown, but without breaking this down to the bone I am merely reflecting on ideology. The kool aid is a mere reference to the fans being optimistic about new changes and already setting expectations when the reality is that expectations vs real life outcomes always play out different. The coaching staff has to be able to sell their "kool aid" to the players as well. We have seen what happens to teams like Denver when they don't buy into the "kool aid" of their offensive system. That can happen to any team, and that has happen to many teams.

I am not trying to be skeptical but everything looks better on paper than action. And yes I am familiar with Jonestown, but without breaking this down to the bone I am merely reflecting on ideology. The kool aid is a mere reference to the fans being optimistic about new changes and already setting expectations when the reality is that expectations vs real life outcomes always play out different. The coaching staff has to be able to sell their "kool aid" to the players as well. We have seen what happens to teams like Denver when they don't buy into the "kool aid" of their offensive system. That can happen to any team, and that has happen to many teams.
Can't do much as far as fan's expectations.

I do think McD earned respect offensively last year, and guys like Hill will not allow players to stray from the mission.

Likewise, Fangio brings instant credibility to the defensive side of the ball, with veteran leaders all over the place.

I really can't see buying in as an issue.

Having said that, if we were to go 1-5 to start the season, as an example, sure, doubts can creep in. Not a big concern for me something like that will happen.

Are you exaggerating to make a point?
I'm not exaggerating at all. We've all seen how Officials are not 100% consistent with their calls. And yes, I would like to see EVERY infraction flagged; that's the only way to make it fair, and to make everyone play by the rules. I guess my point is that NFL games are never going to be completely fair.

I'm not exaggerating at all. We've all seen how Officials are not 100% consistent with their calls. And yes, I would like to see EVERY infraction flagged; that's the only way to make it fair, and to make everyone play by the rules. I guess my point is that NFL games are never going to be completely fair.
Officiating is equal parts art and science, IMO.

Over-regulation of the rules would result in unnecessary clinical exactness that would rob the gameā€˜s tempo and drama. The ā€œproductā€ would become unwatchable and less valuable. Officials would become even more villianized. Fans would detach and seek alternatives.

Agree NFL games are never going to be completely fair; but over the course of time, the fairness equals out.

Can't do much as far as fan's expectations.

I do think McD earned respect offensively last year, and guys like Hill will not allow players to stray from the mission.

Likewise, Fangio brings instant credibility to the defensive side of the ball, with veteran leaders all over the place.

I really can't see buying in as an issue.

Having said that, if we were to go 1-5 to start the season, as an example, sure, doubts can creep in. Not a big concern for me something like that will happen.

We are playing in a very competitive decision. Almost all of the teams in our division made the playoffs.

We are playing in a very competitive decision. Almost all of the teams in our division made the playoffs.
That remains to be seen. Jill's lost their DC. Jests lost some defensive talent. Phins may have made huge improvements on that side of the ball. I don't buy the Rodgers hype, as I do not believe he is the player he once was. Still good/solid? Yes, but not MVP Rodgers. I never underestimate BB, but he really doesn't have the horses at this point.

In any case, I fail to see what your post has to do with our players "buying in" or "drinking Kool aid", which is what you originally said, and to what I was replying.

It's one thing to say it's a tough division, and we will have to play well. It's another to say one is worried about players buying in to the scheme and culture. I just can't see why you would think that's a likely situation.

Back
Top Bottom