PFF: Dolphins have two of the top 32 WRs entering 2023 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF: Dolphins have two of the top 32 WRs entering 2023

More like two of the top 6.
I can't be convinced that Waddle and Hill both could not be 2K WRs in their careers. At the same time would be tough as that's a full 4K to just two players but If Tua had an over 5K season....who knows? Not probable but there's an instance it could happen.

Last edited:
Just off the top of my head. Jefferson, Diggs, Hill, Adams, AJ Brown, Kupp, Samuel, and maybe Lamb. I guess you can make a case that Waddle could be top ten. Definitely top 20.
But taking age into play would you trade waddle for Diggs?

Hard to imagine that the WR that was #7 in yards and #1 in yards per average is getting a #17 rating. I don't even know if Hill is better than Waddle. He was last year but he's got more years under his belt.
Agree, I could see absolutely no way to rationalize that low of a ranking.

My opinion, top 10 without question, probably higher would be the reality. Dude caught over 100 balls as a rookie with nobody to pull defenders away, so often double covered.

He has to be top 3-4 in separation ability alone, before we even talk about his high end speed and acceleration.

I would prefer Hill not to be as targeted as he was last year. 170 is a bit much, especially since he is 29 years old. I recall both Hill and Waddle hobbling off the field toward the end of the regular season with what looked to be leg and/or ankle injuries.

Let them be workhorses in the playoffs.

I would prefer Hill not to be as targeted as he was last year. 170 is a bit much, especially since he is 29 years old. I recall both Hill and Waddle hobbling off the field toward the end of the regular season with what looked to be leg and/or ankle injuries.

I agree with you. However, the injury bug never lets us have nice things so if they are injured it would invariably be in December regardless how much they are targetted in the regular season.

Hopefully that will be the case this year, with according to McDaniel, running the ball will become a bigger part of the offense, also when you have the type of speed and receiving skills of our RBs, don't be surprised with a more spread out, balanced offense that will only inject more Hill in the 2nd half if needed.

Highly subjective list, as all are.

I just know this. There is NO other receiver in the league that instills fear in defensive coordinators and DB's than Tyreek Hill. There is NO other receiver that changes defensive game plans/schemes and alignments more than Tyreek Hill.

So, from that standpoint, he has more impact on a game than any non-QB before a single ball is snapped. Even when he's on the field and not directly involved in the play, his mere presence on the field impacts the game more than any other non-QB.

We all love Jaylen Waddle, and he makes an impact too. He's so fast and shifty, he's nearly impossible to man up and stay with. That's how the kid set the rookie record of 104 receptions in 16 games. But make no mistake, a huge reason for the drastic increase from 9.8 yards-per-reception to a league-leading 18.1 last season is the mere presence of Tyreek Hill on the field.

That's the impact #10 has.

IMO, he has been and still should be #1 on these types of lists, despite what the final receptions, receiving yards and TD's say. And he's still elite in that regard too.

Writers like "Sam Monson" don't seem to understand the full impact. No doubt Devante Adams and Justin Jefferson are elite players too. But they don't make the same impact on the defense as Tyreek does.

Highly subjective list, as all are.

I just know this. There is NO other receiver in the league that instills fear in defensive coordinators and DB's than Tyreek Hill. There is NO other receiver that changes defensive game plans/schemes and alignments more than Tyreek Hill.

So, from that standpoint, he has more impact on a game than any non-QB before a single ball is snapped. Even when he's on the field and not directly involved in the play, his mere presence on the field impacts the game more than any other non-QB.

We all love Jaylen Waddle, and he makes an impact too. He's so fast and shifty, he's nearly impossible to man up and stay with. That's how the kid set the rookie record of 104 receptions in 16 games. But make no mistake, a huge reason for the drastic increase from 9.8 yards-per-reception to a league-leading 18.1 last season is the mere presence of Tyreek Hill on the field.

That's the impact #10 has.

IMO, he has been and still should be #1 on these types of lists, despite what the final receptions, receiving yards and TD's say. And he's still elite in that regard too.
Sure. But, put in a typical #2 WR in place if Waddle and how does that impact Hills game? The point is the presence of both benefits both.

Back
Top Bottom