PFF: Dolphins have two of the top 32 WRs entering 2023 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF: Dolphins have two of the top 32 WRs entering 2023

Sure. But, put in a typical #2 WR in place if Waddle and how does that impact Hills game? The point is the presence of both benefits both.

Not near as much as the other way around.

Sure, if you surround Tyreek or any great offensive talent with hot garbage, a defense will be able to "limit" by bracketing and other tactics. But, still, despite whomever you put on the other side of Hill -- the defense is going to game plan Hill. And work countless hours all week long in practice preparing for him.

That's the point.

The statement stands. No other non-QB impacts as game as much as Tyreek Hill. The reference to Waddle's yard-per-reception -- which nearly doubled -- was merely an example of that impact.

Meanwhile, Tyreek's production remains relatively static regardless of the surrounding talent. He always produces no matter what.

To me, the important take away is we have the best duo of WR's in the game. Given how some are enamored with size I'm sure it pains the ratings guys to admit a couple of smurfs are killing it.

Throw in Achane and Anderson this year and we are even more dangerous. Ingold is no slouch for a FB. Honestly the only place we aren't near the top is at TE. It appears we prioritize blocking over receiving production from them.

We need to do better when Hill and Waddle are schemed against. IMHO we have made strides in personal to do that. Anderson has a proven resume and Achane should be a dangerous receiving option.

Imagine what adding the likes of Bowers at TE next year would be like (not that I think we have a chance).

Just off the top of my head. Jefferson, Diggs, Hill, Adams, AJ Brown, Kupp, Samuel, and maybe Lamb. I guess you can make a case that Waddle could be top ten. Definitely top 20.
Not Samuel, Lamb, or AJ Brown. And Adams is a maybe. He got 180 targets last season and he only had 65 first downs. That’s a low success rate. By comparison Jefferson has 80, Diggs had 74 on 154 targets, Hill had 77 and Waddle had 60 on 117 targets. Waddle was the only big name guy with first down percentage over 50%.

Not Samuel, Lamb, or AJ Brown. And Adams is a maybe. He got 180 targets last season and he only had 65 first downs. That’s a low success rate. By comparison Jefferson has 80, Diggs had 74 on 154 targets, Hill had 77 and Waddle had 60 on 117 targets. Waddle was the only big name guy with first down percentage over 50%.
I stick by my list. I think you are being somewhat of a homer if you are dismissing the guys I listed.

Waddle has Mark Duper-like speed, with the hops, fire, and shiftiness of Mark Clayton.

Hope we can afford him on his 2nd contract.

Hill is just a freak.

Love our WR corps.

This last paragraph of the article I still find amazing...

After combining for 194 receptions, 3,066 yards and 15 touchdowns in their first season together in a new system, Hill and Waddle appear ready to dominate opposing defenses once again in 2023.

Both are #1 receivers. Few teams have multiple true #1 receivers.

We do.

Absolutely, we do. But as much as I love the Penguin and lobbied to draft him, one of our two #1’s is more impactful than the other. And more impactful than any other #1 in the league. That’s the only point I’m making.

In no way does that disparage or lessen the talent and accomplishments of Mr. Waddle.

During the 49ers heyday, they had a receiver next to Jerry Rice named John Taylor that many of the elder members here will certainly remember. Taylor was a damned good player in that Niners system and very well may have been a #1 receiver for a good number of other teams. But Rice was clearly a more impactful #1. And more impactful than any other #1.

IMO same applies here with Tyreek and Jaylen.

That said, there aren’t many receivers in the league that I believe would compliment Tyreek better than Jaylen Waddle or that I’d trade him away for. I love #17.

if we got Waddle some stick'um he could potentially be a top 3. I know every reciever has drops, it just seems like some times his come in crucial situations that could change the game.

Luckily tho when it comes time to pay Waddle, Hills contract will be about ready to come off the books. Waddle honestly seems more down to earth than Hill, but i can see Hill being in Waddles ear more than his agent. "you going to be the number 1 wr in the league when i leave, tell them you deserve the highest contract"

I dont know him personally or anything, but Waddle just seems like the type of guy that would just show up daily, not cause any kind of headache inside or outside the locker room in regards to money/contact. Take whatever his agent got for him and keep going.

Eh, he’s fine. You’re overexaggerating.

eh he,s definately fine, meh you're just wanting to be difficult. he was tied for 13th in the league in drops. Of course hill was 8th. Believe he would've been 11th in league for starting wrs.

Not knocking him because he had one of the top "QBR when thrown to in the league" hence why i said he could be top 3 if not for the drops. And drops also dont accumulate for the balls he should've caught but were listed as "defensed" instead of dropped (but hopefully the added muscle will help that)

And i dont mention hills drop % cause is down the line due to targets

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom