PFF Free Agency Tracker | Page 140 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Free Agency Tracker

Dolphins FA update

parks-and-recreation-lesley-present-trash-filled-with-trash-1387362216A.gif

I just got done a watching our new safety sgainst green bay. He looks like strictly a ss. He looked clueless coverage but he did play the run reasonably well. Looks like we h Ave our backup to reshad.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yes, and in a roundabout way, I think Gase admitted this. FS, for us may consist of a couple dime backs like Michael Thomas,Walt Aikens , and that's probably where Jamar Taylor is headed as well.

On running downs we may be a team that puts two SS's on the field.

He has the top end speed.. Let him get coached up see if they can make it simple for him.. He might stick at FS... Delmas might get signed as well

Free agent CB Jerraud Powers left his visit with the Giants without a deal.

Is he worth a look ??

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2h2 hours ago
And Bengals free-agent safety Reggie Nelson headed to visit/meet with Oakland later today/tomorrow, per source.

The Giants are hosting free agent LB Kelvin Sheppard on Monday.
Despite being credited with 105 tackles, Sheppard was highly ineffective as Miami's starting middle linebacker last year. The Giants need help inside, but Sheppard wouldn't fix their woes. He struggles in both run defense and coverage.

Our worst lb, giving our 3rd best d lineman the biggest deal of free agency .... man the Giants must really have liked what we did on D last year

@AaronWilson_NFL: Stefen Wisniewski Eagles deal: $1.51 million, $500K signing bonus, $760K base salary, $250K total of per game active bonus, $1.25M incentive

Excellent signing

@AaronWilson_NFL: Stefen Wisniewski Eagles deal: $1.51 million, $500K signing bonus, $760K base salary, $250K total of per game active bonus, $1.25M incentive

Excellent signing

Would've been an awesome signing for us. Would push for a guard spot or be depth throughout the whole interior

Excellent signing
There is a reason why his market rate has declined significantly in recent years. There is a reason why the Raiders didn't elect to re-sign him, even with the proud Raiders heritage. Maybe he's not that good.

I think Spike is exactly right. That salary value speaks volumes. He's not viewed as a stud. Now, we might be able to say that at that low number he is worth bringing in to compete perhaps as a backup at C/OG.

1 year up to $4.5 mil for terrence knighton

Wish that was us

Don't look now, but those numbers are apparently way off. The Pats absolutely stole this guy.

They sold him on a chance at a ring. Can't wait til we're able to sell players on that dream ...

Don't look now, but those numbers are apparently way off. The Pats absolutely stole this guy.

They sold him on a chance at a ring. Can't wait til we're able to sell players on that dream ...

yeah I saw it...$900k base with the rest incentives taking it to up to $4.5 mil if he reaches them

meanwhile miamis giving away guaranteed money for nothing

There is a reason why his market rate has declined significantly in recent years. There is a reason why the Raiders didn't elect to re-sign him, even with the proud Raiders heritage. Maybe he's not that good.

True, his market has declined but last season he did rank 8th in pass protection among centers. The guy the Raiders replaced him with, Rodney Hudson, ranked first in pass protection among centers. The difference in cost is somewhat staggering: Stefen Wisniewski signed a $2.5 million deal with the Jaguars, whereas Rodney Hudson signed a $44.5 million five year deal with the Raiders, with a $13 million cap hit in the first season. I didn't watch enough, and I certainly don't know enough to breakdown their individual contribution to their team at the center position, but an $10.5 million difference sounds like a lot. Is Hudson really that much better? Or would someone like Wisniewski on the Raiders O-Line, which seems pretty talented, have done as good a job but at a fraction of the price?

Back
Top Bottom