Pff Grades From The First Preseason Game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff Grades From The First Preseason Game

I’m signing Cody Whitehair, Brandon Scherrf and and Jack Conklin on the first day of free agency next year so I’m not too concerned with PFF grades on nobodies.

I’m signing Cody Whitehair, Brandon Scherrf and and Jack Conklin on the first day of free agency next year so I’m not too concerned with PFF grades on nobodies.

Gonna need the best right tackle in the game if you get my drift

They list Reed (#64) as a guard, and that's his normal position … but he played center in this game, and the other white guy on the OL at the same time, Michael Deiter (#63), played left guard. I think PFF may have confused them. I wouldn't have been surprised with their grade if it had been for Deiter, but Reed clearly struggled, and that grade seems wrong. Something is off.

#40 Needham was absolutely abused out there. They threw at him the entire first half (with success literally every time), then he got trucked on that 3rd and short, allowing a first down. Nightmare game for him, it was like he was wearing a target.

Just a few samples but I thought Prince looked pretty good.

I think the dude will be quite impressive in the run game.

Pass pro we have to hope...

I kinda though he'd get a look @RG --- but I guess not.

Does anyone know if he's getting cross trained as well?

Just a few samples but I thought Prince looked pretty good.

I think the dude will be quite impressive in the run game.

Pass pro we have to hope...

I kinda though he'd get a look @RG --- but I guess not.

Does anyone know if he's getting cross trained as well?
When looking at him at Ohio state in his last year only, I kept saying he’s learned how to get the job done being the waist bender that he is, which was pretty unique relative to his technique..let’s hope those unique mechanics don’t get exposed over the long haul

No ones talking about how bad minkah was in that game. Arm tackling sloppy effort etc.

Looked like a guy who didn’t want to be there. On that long late 2nd quarter td where he dove and tackled air I think he was thinking what am I still doing in this game? Lol

There's a little bit of Ted Larsen there where he will have snaps that are absolutely ideal, and then totally botch a pass pro assignment.

The problem with that always lies in incidence rate. Larsen had a ton of those botched pass pro assignments, didn't have enough of the really ideal reps. Billy Turner is an example of a player who was like this, but has since become highly paid because with time and development he has been able to keep his bad rep count lower.

I really only saw one of those botched pass pro reps from Chris Reed during the Falcons game, which seems like a similar incidence rate as I saw from him when I watched all of his snaps as a Jaguar in 2018. But I did see a number of splendid snaps from him, which is what you saw from him in a Jags uniform as well.

The saying one man's trash is another man's treasure rarely applies for O-Lineman.

Lol aiming high I see

Ya, with only a little bit of sarcasm mixed in.

I don't really want to see us paying Kenny Stills, Albert Wilson or Devante Parker if the protection isn't up to par.

RB's, WR's and TE's need to be paid last from this point on.

All three of those OL have a bit of an injury history so not ideal to sign them all. Or maybe it is.

I know Josh Rosen, Kalen Ballage and Preston Williams aren't making squat the next few years so I'm looking to take advantage of that ASAP.

Then draft 4 DE's and 4 DB's and see how things shake out.

I fix sheet.

They definitely need to invest in some dbs in the draft. Corner depth at least

Cause it’s terrible

Back
Top Bottom