Pff - Grading All 32 First Rounders After Week 8 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff - Grading All 32 First Rounders After Week 8

LB with quality instincts and the athletic profile of an elite pass rusher - he only would have been considered a reach because people don't know what they're looking at/what to look for.

I was on his train early for Dallas, but I understood some of the potential cons for him. He was considered a day 2 prospect till his freakish combine and he was quite raw as a football player. That being said, he has shown that he is a fast learner at the NFL level and even impressed Sean Lee in how fast he grasped the defense, even with a hamstring injury during TC.

I think most people have a big misunderstanding on how PFF works. They grade every individual player on every individual play.

For example, if a WR comes away with 3 catches for 120 yards and 3 TDs, it looks like a good game. But if he got shut down on every other play in the game, he’s gonna walk away with a poor PFF grade

Lol please sign me up for a receiver that regularly has "poor" games with multiple 40 yards receptions.

I was on his train early for Dallas, but I understood some of the potential cons for him. He was considered a day 2 prospect till his freakish combine and he was quite raw as a football player. That being said, he has shown that he is a fast learner at the NFL level and even impressed Sean Lee in how fast he grasped the defense, even with a hamstring injury during TC.

I understand that was the prevalent thought, but I had him as a top-20 player since December, and the Combine just solidified it. He had some rawness to his game, but he processed information quickly, and he really ironed out a lot of that rawness as the season progressed. His bowl game vs Oregon was about as good as any game you'll see from a college LB. He finished as the 9th-rated non-QB on my board.

Didn't realize LVE was playing better than Leonard. That dude has been balling, a shame we had no shot at him.

another shame is we had the chance at any TE we wanted and took the giraffe

Didn't realize LVE was playing better than Leonard. That dude has been balling, a shame we had no shot at him.

lol I love that nickname for him. The visualization of having a giraffe being flipped upside down is quite humerous.

As a side note, I wanted Goedert and Jesse Bates.....what could have been

Leonard’s been better. He’s playing with absolutely nothing around him.

Don’t care what pff thinks.

Anthony walker has been serviceable but lve is surrounded by much more on the edge and at lb in Dallas

LMAO...the Giraffe?? Give the kid some more time.

Which rookie TE is out producing Gesicki so much that it is a shame to have him on the team? I'm not really getting the Gesicki hate lately. HIs on the field production has been solid for the chances that he gets.

PICK NO. 11: MINKAH FITZPATRICK, MIAMI DOLPHINS 2018 SEASON GRADE: 67.9 Fitzpatrick was at his very best in Week 8 against the Texans, and while he may have left the stadium with a loss, he did manage to leave it with his highest-grade to date. The Dolphins’ first-round defensive back was dominant in all facets on Thursday night, picking up two solo tackles and a defensive stop in run defense and allowing just one catch for six yards from his two targets in coverage. Through eight weeks, Fitzpatrick has allowed a passer rating of just 48.1 as a slot cornerback, which is the second-best mark in the league among qualifying players at the position.

PICK NO. 17: DERWIN JAMES, LOS ANGELES CHARGERS 2018 SEASON GRADE: 82.8 James ended his Week 7 game against the Titans with a game grade of just 58.9 – his lowest single-game grade to date. He did produce six solo tackles and two defensive stops, but he also missed two tackles and allowed five catches from five targets for 64 yards into his primary coverage. After a very uncharacteristic outing, James will look to get back on track in Week 9, after his team’s bye week.

Again them trying to get cute and prove they are smarter than anyone else. I am no draft guru so I tend to listen to the experts. I looked up every mock draft I could and I remember noticing Derwin falling because of his projection. I thought they would have taken another position based on need and then I see them take another safety and I'm like here we go again...

Which rookie TE is out producing Gesicki so much that it is a shame to have him on the team? I'm not really getting the Gesicki hate lately. HIs on the field production has been solid for the chances that he gets.
Well just from looking at them before the draft Goedert seemed like much more of a football player than Gesicki. In college he (gesicki) dominated dudes due to that athleticism, played for a big school so it seemed like an okay option. I just get the feeling goedert will be the better pro.

Hopefully Minkah will be up higher. And really so far so good for the kid

Well just from looking at them before the draft Goedert seemed like much more of a football player than Gesicki. In college he (gesicki) dominated dudes due to that athleticism, played for a big school so it seemed like an okay option. I just get the feeling goedert will be the better pro.

I'm looking at them right now. If Gesicki is such a bad TE, then why is he neck and neck with Goedert minus the TD production? I said it before that Goedert has a better QB, better offensive scheme, better mentor in Ertz; yet Gesicki is still right next to him in production.

We are 8 games into the NFL season right now and I firmly believe that if you switch teams for both, we would be wishing we had drafted Gesicki.

Back
Top Bottom