141MIAHarrison BryantTEFAU
153MIAJohn SimpsonGClemson
154MIALeki FotuDIUtah
173MIAJavaris DavisCBAuburn
185MIAAntoine Brooks Jr.SMaryland
227MIANate StanleyQBIowa
246MIADarryl WilliamsGMississippi State
251MIATanner MuseSClemson
Probably my best one. Did quite a few. This was the first time that Brown made it to pick #18.

Higgins is a nice player, I just don't see the fit for Miami. Don't we already have two size receivers in DVP & Preston Williams? Same logic for Mims and AGG.

If we're targeting a receiver early, I'd look for Shenault or Reagor. Laviska is as physical as they come. He lines up all over the formation; the Buffs did basically whatever they could to get the ball to him and watch him break tackles and churn out tough yards. Reagor meanwhile has elite quickness. He wriggles out of the most impossible situations. Those are types of receivers we need to complement what we have, imo.

I do like Jefferson a lot from your other mock, mind. He's one of the most well rounded receivers in the class. Great production. Hard to imagine him not being good in the pros.

Higgins is a nice player, I just don't see the fit for Miami. Don't we already have two size receivers in DVP & Preston Williams? Same logic for Mims and AGG.

If we're targeting a receiver early, I'd look for Shenault or Reagor. Laviska is as physical as they come. He lines up all over the formation; the Buffs did basically whatever they could to get the ball to him and watch him break tackles and churn out tough yards. Reagor meanwhile has elite quickness. He wriggles out of the most impossible situations. Those are types of receivers we need to complement what we have, imo.

I do like Jefferson a lot from your other mock, mind. He's one of the most well rounded receivers in the class. Great production. Hard to imagine him not being good in the pros.
I love Shenault. He went early in this simulation. Dude is so good after the catch, maybe better than Lamb in that area.

Shenault and Reagor are the guys I would target as well.

They bring something different from Parker and Williams and would round out the WR corps.

The question is how high of a pick am I using on either when the team has bigger needs at OL and Safety?

I would go WR ahead of a RB but RB is a bigger need and the board might force a RB first since it is such a deep WR group.

A speedy guy like Hamler or Aiyuk(less of an ideal fit I admit)should be available later.

Shenault and Reagor are the guys I would target as well.

They bring something different from Parker and Williams and would round out the WR corps.

The question is how high of a pick am I using on either when the team has bigger needs at OL and Safety?

I would go WR ahead of a RB but RB is a bigger need and the board might force a RB first since it is such a deep WR group.

A speedy guy like Hamler or Aiyuk(less of an ideal fit I admit)should be available later.

I tend to agree with the direction you're thinking. Ideally, we'd grab a receiver on day 3. I love KJ Hill personally. Kids money on third down; one of the best in the draft when it comes to getting open and his hands are very strong. He'll play Sundays for a long time.

I did one using PFFs simulator. Flipped 5 & 39 to Detroit for 3. Made a trade mid draft (141 + 153 for 124) to grab Willekes too, well because his slide was ridiculous.

3 (1) Tua Tagovailoa, QB, Alabama: If he stays healthy, he’s a superstar

18 (1) Josh Jones, OT, Houston: I know what I’m getting. Hand technique is the foundation for his sound play in pass protection

26 (1) Antoine Winfield Jr., S, Minnesota: Clone of his father. Athleticism, instincts, character

56 (2) Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, LSU: Think Ray Rice (without the hitting women part)

70 (3) Matt Hennessey, C, Temple: Stud interior pass protector

124 (4) Kenny Willekes, Edge, Michigan St.: If you want to hit on an edge, you have to take the guys with juice!

154 (5) Danny Pinter, T, Ball St.: Athletic, great feet. Passed on Matt Peart and was regretting it til this somehow happened; no way Pinter lasts this long

173 (5) Jared Pinkney, TE, Vandy: Tapes good, but slow 40

185 (6) Markus Bailey, Off LB, Purdue: Without the knee injuries, Bailey is a top 40 pick. I’m taking the chance

227 (7) Alton Robinson, Edge, Syracuse: At minimum I know he can set an edge; has some sneaky good get off

246 (7) Patrick Taylor, RB, Memphis: Big, physical downhill runner

251 (7) Qaadir Sheppard, Rush LB, Ole Miss: Happy to stack these juiced up rushers

Back
Top Bottom