PFF names Ryan Fitzpatrick AFC-E 2019 MVP | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF names Ryan Fitzpatrick AFC-E 2019 MVP

I could argue it. No doubt in my mind Tom Brady was more deserving of MVP leading th e Patriots to the playoffs. I'm sure if Brady and Fitz were removed from their team's 2019 roster the Patriots would have been more impacted. The Patriots likely don't win the division last year without Brady, while I'm sure Miami could finish last without Fitz.
Did you watch the Patriots ? I Mean seriously?.Brady was an average QB last at best.Patriots defense carried that team till late in the year.
I swear to God this a Boomer statement all day long.Hogwash

You‘re delusional. The Pats defense played well enough to have won 12 games with 75% of the starting QB’s around the league. Even Ryan Tannehill.

This current version of Brady behind last seasons Dolphins offensive line wouldn’t have made out of the season intact. He’s a sitting duck that moves slower than ever.

I agree but although NE’s defense was very good it was also overrated in NE. The timing of their early schedule inflated how good they were. Outside of the big win over Pittsburgh week 1 they caught many teams when they were down, including us, or teams getting awful QB play. At Buffalo was their best win and it Matt Barkley has the Bills in position but blew it.
Also they had no weapons. It will be very interesting to see what Brady looks like in Tampa. He has great WR’s, Gronk etc. he’s probably going to do much better.

I agree but although NE’s defense was very good it was also overrated in NE. The timing of their early schedule inflated how good they were. Outside of the big win over Pittsburgh week 1 they caught many teams when they were down, including us, or teams getting awful QB play. At Buffalo was their best win and it Matt Barkley has the Bills in position but blew it.
Also they had no weapons. It will be very interesting to see what Brady looks like in Tampa. He has great WR’s, Gronk etc. he’s probably going to do much better.

Agreed to a point. I believe they wore down over the course of the season. The Pats defense was nowhere near the same defense the Dolphins saw early in the season. Of course the Dolphins were better too, but still.

I think the defense was relied upon so much that it just wore down. Kinda the reverse of what happened to the Marino led Dolphins. The offense always had to hold up the rest of the team. Invariably the strain, constant pressure, and overwork wore them down.

Th speed in which Fitz read and reacted was something Ive seldom seen before. His running, especially, was breathtaking. He knew exactly when to takeoff vs stand and deliver passes. He always seemed to catch opposing Ds guessing wrong.
However, Devante Parker deserves a lot of credit, too. For 8 weeks he was better than our wildest dreams of his potential going back to his draft day. He was a man among boys on many plays.

Fitzpatrick alright. We not winning nothing w him. The sooner dolphins coaching staff and Gm understand that. We will be find for future

Fitzpatrick alright. We not winning nothing w him. The sooner dolphins coaching staff and Gm understand that. We will be find for future

That's a little strong. Miami DID win with him last year and a number of those wins were BECAUSE of him. His problem, as many here have pointed out, is inconsistency. Everywhere he's been he's had games where fans are amazed at how good he is, followed by 'how can he be that inept.' I agree, Miami needs a QB I don't worry about which guy will show up - good or bad.

Stephon Gilmore was NFL defensive player of the year. PFF is best avoided
That's always a daft argument, there should be a distinction between most valuable and best. Would the Pats have won three or four fewer games without Gilmore?

I need to get me a Fitz jersey over a Tua Jersey the way this board is playing out.

Back
Top Bottom