PFF NFL receiver corps rankings. Dolphins at number 3. Considered "Elite tier". | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF NFL receiver corps rankings. Dolphins at number 3. Considered "Elite tier".

I cant think of many receiving corps I'd take over Miami's.

You got the two most twitchy redirect and explosive burst WRs in the league. Tbeir size will bring bracket/high low/cloud coverage situationally and teams I seriously doubt care much about Cedric Wilson’s production kinda like they never really cared about gesickis this last year.

Those 2 will see a lot of good looks situationally but like I’ve said before defensive coordinators aren’t worried about them in terms of beating them. If they do they will tip their cap.

I already know gesicki can’t do it and teams that played Dallas last year could care less about Cedric Wilson.

If your dialing up tbings for either one of those guys prepare for drives to end. I can’t even call it fools gold it’s just fool.

You could live more with a Cedric Wilson type top 4 skill if you had a better flex option. We don’t. We aren’t going to either

190 lb finesse 4.57 types aren’t scaring folks

Last edited:
Get a better flex iso win option and you’d have the answer for all that 2 deep you are gonna see

That’s really all you need skill wise. Better flex play in terms of situational win
Is it really that straightforward?

we'll see how it plays out. On paper the Parker, Waddle, Fuller, A. Wilson, Hollins, and Williams unit looked promising too. I just saying we're one injury away from a Waddle, C.Wilson, Ezukanma, Sherfield, Williams and Bowden unit and while that's not bad it's not a unit that strikes fear in other teams.

Just like the oline is improved on paper, but if Armstead goes down with an injury we could be looking at a unit that's the same as last year with the only difference being a new center who has little experience at the position. That's why I try to pump the breaks on all the talk of Miami having "all the pieces for Tua to excel or he needs to be replaced." Personel wise the oline and wrs are both just one injury away from looking very different. Enough of the realistic talk. Here's a toast to Miami going relatively injury free and the new scheme and coaching staff getting more out of some of the raw talent already on the roster.

That’s a good point too. You get an injury to waddle or hill and this skill group is gonna suck again. Id probably say more waddle just cause he has shown he can run underneath iso stick routes with polish that I don’t think hill has.

But yeah god forbid one or those two go down and you better hope this scheme is all timer level to carry this other group of non difference makers Miami is playing with lol.

It’s already more important the scheme than anything else when you consider the size on the boundary/wr level our top 2 guys are. Scheme has to do some of the carry already. We gonna try to outflank folks

Last edited:
That’s a good point too. You get an injury to waddle or hill and this skill group is gonna suck again. Id probably say more waddle just cause he has shown he can run underneath iso stick routes with polish that I don’t think hill has.

But yeah god forbid one or those two go down and you better hope this scheme is all timer level to carry this other group of non difference makers Miami is playing with lol.

It’s already more important the scheme than anything else when you consider the size on the boundary/wr level our top 2 guys are. Scheme has to do some of the carry already
Players will get injured playing football.

Thats one of the reasons you develop depth, so you have a game day replacement.
The other reason for developing depth is to have a competent replacement for when key players get traded or leave the team for more money.

The "player vending machine" concept, where you buy another player as needed is a shallow & unrealistic look at how to field a team. If you don't believe me, take a good look at the Cleveland Browns approach for "team development" for the last ten years! - LOL

Watson could be the best example of this kind of absurdity, and saying you wish the Dolphins would have traded for him is not a disqualifier, but it does qualify for an egotistical display of idiocy - IMHO - LOL

Back
Top Bottom