Pff Oline Rankings Entering The Season - Fins #20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff Oline Rankings Entering The Season - Fins #20

FINSItalia

God of Thunder, not a bad gig
Reaction score
Nice breakdown, seems reasonable. Upside with Davis and Tunsil for sure.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/ne...ine-rankings-all-32-teams-units-entering-2018

2017 season-end rank: 29th (+9)

The guard position in Miami has seemingly been cursed for some time now. Last year, the revolving door of Jesse Davis, Jermon Bushrod, Ted Larsen and Anthony Steen combined to give up 69 pressures (the average guard duo allows 62). There’s reason to think that number could drop drastically now though with the addition of Josh Sitton who’s allowed only 60 pressures over the last five seasons, combined. The loss of Mike Pouncey might not sting as much as his reputation might suggest as well. New center Daniel Kilgore actually graded higher than Pouncey a season ago, albeit barely

Although I believe we'll actually rank higher by season's end, 20 seems about right for now. As far as the Patriots ranking, Brady gets rid of the ball so fast he really only needs a center anyway. The rest of the line could be manikins and it wouldn't really make much difference.

Although I believe we'll actually rank higher by season's end, 20 seems about right for now.
Seems fair enough to me too, any crappy ranking we receive i don’t mind too much because we still have a lot to prove on game day(s)

PFF delivering some decent stuff lately...

For them to hit the nail on the head with our issues at guard and Pouncey's reputation (and contract) being >> than his on-field performance shows at least some sense of what is actually going on in Finworld.

easy(refreshing) to see when someone actually pays attention to the team. The interior should be solid in 2018, the tackles are my concern. Continuity with the everyone practicing together all year should help tremendously, don't want to see the training camp shuffle either.

easy(refreshing) to see when someone actually pays attention to the team. The interior should be solid in 2018, the tackles are my concern. Continuity with the everyone practicing together all year should help tremendously, don't want to see the training camp shuffle either.

6-10 with an abysmal OL and now a much better interior and no Cutler. And a cohesive OL throughout preseason and a OC who can practice on game weeks can't be overstated. 20 is a good starting point.

Brady gets rid of the ball so fast he really only needs a center anyway.

I keep seeing this echoed often but haven't really seen anything tangible to back it up. Surely you are not referencing release time?

According to the stats at the link below, Jay Cutler has a faster release than Brady.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

I think that it is combination of the offensive line giving Brady enough time and the speedy receivers that run crisp routes which both combine to provide Brady with enough time to go through his progressions and find the open man. Obviously Brady is a very accurate passer as well, which factors into it but I just don't think he is super human as far as releasing the football is concerned.

So a browse of that list and the Eagles are #1, their LG is Stefan Wisniewski. This is a dude that every off season he was available I was suggesting we bring him in and others brought it up, I think @FearTheBeard for sure was a supporter of this dude. Just think had we signed him years ago, he may have already brought us some stability at LG

So a browse of that list and the Eagles are #1, their LG is Stefan Wisniewski. This is a dude that every off season he was available I was suggesting we bring him in and others brought it up, I think @FearTheBeard for sure was a supporter of this dude. Just think had we signed him years ago, he may have already brought us some stability at LG

Huge miss. The Eagles got him SUPER cheap too.

Dolphins rising a huge 9 spots, second in the entire league to Detroit (+11). That's pretty encouraging. It's not easy to improve an o-line a lot in a single season.

I keep seeing this echoed often but haven't really seen anything tangible to back it up. Surely you are not referencing release time?

According to the stats at the link below, Jay Cutler has a faster release than Brady.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#average-time-to-throw

I think that it is combination of the offensive line giving Brady enough time and the speedy receivers that run crisp routes which both combine to provide Brady with enough time to go through his progressions and find the open man. Obviously Brady is a very accurate passer as well, which factors into it but I just don't think he is super human as far as releasing the football is concerned.
Its not the release that allows him to get rid of it quickly. It's the fact that he knows where he is going at the snap of the ball. On the shorter routes anyway.

If Tannehill stays healthy one thing is guaranteed and that is sacks (and sack rate) will significantly increase due to his pocket immobility and holding the ball too long. Of course, all his fans will blame the OL for it.

Back
Top Bottom