PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021

Dolph N.Fan

Active Roster
Reaction score

29. Tua Tagovailoa, Miami Dolphins

It’s hard to adjust to the speed of the game as a rookie, especially when you don’t know when you're going to be pulled for a savvy veteran. Tua has an opportunity this year to take control of the offense and show he belongs. The Dolphins continue to make solid roster moves through trades, free agency and the draft to surround their young QB with weapons. Tua was exceptionally conservative last year, with only seven big-time throws all season. That's not the worst thing, but he also had 13 turnover-worthy plays.

I'm just going to say this just shows another reason why PFF is becoming less and less credible every season. Their stats never make sense. 2 rookie qbs that haven't played, several spots ahead of Tua? ok then lol

He’s really needs to take the next step. He was not very good as a rookie and I know there were a lot of factors, but that’s life. He’s putting the work in and that’s never been a question with him. Hopefully it translates to the field.

once again, I don't care if the media ranks him 32 or 1.......who cares about what they have to say? every player has to go out there on the field and play the games. Rankings don't mean anything.
Yeah, I don't put too much into that. Or draft grades for that matter.

But if Tua ends up as the 29th quarterback this year, Miami made a big mistake not taking Fields or Lance.

I don't see that happening. Not with the talent Grier has put around him.

Yeah, I don't put too much into that. Or draft grades for that matter.

But if Tua ends up as the 29th quarterback this year, Miami made a big mistake not taking Fields or Lance.

I don't see that happening. Not with the talent Grier has put around him.
If Tua ends up being the 29th ranked QB this year the mistake wasn’t passing on a QB this year it was drafting Tua last year.

Last edited:
People angry at stats. This is enjoyable. Don't be angry the player was bad. It's just facts.
The fact is though, the player was not bad and the stats (11 touchdowns to 5 interceptions) show that. Not to mention a 6-3 record as a starter.

The constant Tua bashing by the media, other team's fans, etc. is pretty disrespectful. However, I think in the end this will only be a major positive for the Dolphins. Tua obviously has a chip on his shoulder, is working harder than probably any player on the team and will be out to prove his doubters wrong. The thing I find funny is that before he had his hip injury, he was pretty much the consensus #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft and now people act like he never had any talent to begin with. What else will be funny is when come the season and the media start changing their tune and are so surprised at how well Tua is playing in year #2.

I think Tua did what you want rookies to do, show some promise, but also show enough that you can clearly identify the areas that improvement is needed. All of this while not hurting your team in the win-loss area. Everything else is just noise. Even with the great season Herbert had, if Herbert doesn't improve his weaker areas and just stays at the level he was as a rookie that would be a disappointment. It's all about how players refine their game sharpening their plus skills and eliminating or reducing their problem areas. If Tua does that over his first two or three seasons he'll be fine.

I still can't stress enough the impact no otas or training camp has on a player like Tua, a player who doesn't beat you just on superior athletic skills. Imagine if Trevor Lawrence, who is a better athlete than Tua, opted to holdout and miss offseason work outs, all of training camp and then signed a week before the season starts. People would say he and his agent blew his rookie season by putting himself so far behind 8-ball. Last year's rookie class was put in that boat due to the covid situation.

The fact is though, the player was not bad and the stats (11 touchdowns to 5 interceptions) show that. Not to mention a 6-3 record as a starter.

The constant Tua bashing by the media, other team's fans, etc. is pretty disrespectful. However, I think in the end this will only be a major positive for the Dolphins. Tua obviously has a chip on his shoulder, is working harder than probably any player on the team and will be out to prove his doubters wrong. The thing I find funny is that before he had his hip injury, he was pretty much the consensus #1 overall pick in the 2020 draft and now people act like he never had any talent to begin with. What else will be funny is when come the season and the media start changing their tune and are so surprised at how well Tua is playing in year #2.
These rankings would have you think Cleo Lemon or John Beck was starting for Miami this year lol

Back
Top Bottom