PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021 | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF Quarterback Rankings: 2021

Which All Pros did Herbert have on his OL? Gisecki is every bit as good as Hunter Henry and Parker is as good as Allen IMO. I will concede that the Chargers had a better running game.
Bryan Bulaga and Trai Turner

Also, Parker to Allen

Parker- 1 season over 70 catches (72)
Allen- 5 seasons over 75 catches (3 over 100)

Parker- 1 season over 1000 yards
Allen- 4 over 1000 yards ( a 5th was 8 yards short)

Parker- only 1 season with more that 4 TDS
ALLEN- 7 seasons with 5 or more tds

I know we have our own opinions. But statistically, Parker is not even close.

Giesecki? I would agree. I would take him over Henry.

Herbert had a FAR superior offensive unit.

That doesn't take away what he accomplished. You can't fault him for the team he has Ala Aikman.

However, to compare Tua and Herbert's rookie season is pointless. 1 had an offense built for success and the other had a offense in rebuild mode.

With that said, no excuses this year for Tua. We can truly compare the 2 this year.

But people really need to stop comparing the 2 rookie seasons as if they were on level playing ground. They weren't.

As a matter of fact, Burrow and Tua we statistically similar. Burrow had the ypg advantage, however Tua was a better TD per throw avg. Breaking their stats down, they were similar.

It's odd to me one is considered a franchise QB and the other some are showing regrets we drafted him.

I expect Tua to be closer to middle of the pack this year.

He is being drastically underrated by the media, which is okay.

Speaking as an official leader of the Tank for Tua movement, let me just say: He is not being underrated by anyone. He is being judged on his performance in 2020, which was lousy.

You expect a rookie quarterback to be bad, so this is not unexpected or too demoralizing. But let's be real here, an impartial observer slotting him in at #29 after what we saw last season is probably about right.

Speaking as an official leader of the Tank for Tua movement, let me just say: He is not being underrated by anyone. He is being judged on his performance in 2020, which was lousy.

You expect a rookie quarterback to be bad, so this is not unexpected or too demoralizing. But let's be real here, an impartial observer slotting him in at #29 after what we saw last season is probably about right.
If you're an impartial observer and expecting things to remain static, sure. I can understand bottom third in that light. And, yes I agree with you Tua didn't have a great rookie season. But we saw some really nice flashes and a few games where he played well, despite not having a lot of talent around him.

Looking at the big picture, with the additions of Waddle, Fuller and Eichenberg on offense, it's hard to imagine Tua not making some progress. Potentially major progress.

I'll be rooting hard for Tua. However, it'll be like rooting for a 3 legged dog at the racetrack.

Sometimes heart, personality, and hardwork can only get you so far. Physical tools matter.
I've had those wagers. Plenty of times

I've been a long time Tua supporter. Your summary is more accurate than anything else in this thread. The results don't matter at all. Tua needs to be a physical match to the league. If that happens then everything else falls into place. If he's not a physical match to the league then we'll kid ourselves for a few seasons and the entire Flores regime falls apart.

Justin Fields is intriguing because he's the opposite of Tua. There are mechanical flaws all over the place including that elongated delivery with the ridiculous chicken wing high elbow. However, Justin Fields will immediately be not only a physical match to the league but several steps above the physical level of this league. He's going to make the wow deep dagger throws and make them look effortless. Tua and Fields on the same roster would have been a fascinating battle and contrast.

Tua's issue is the midrange throws, as Digital pointed out in this thread. Those midrange throws dictate how a quarterback fares in this league. The Alabama offense and also the Ohio State offense cleverly create so many open space mismatches the quarterbacks aren't required to make those 3rd and 10 throws into tight windows. In the NFL you can't outscheme the league. Josh Allen looked great once he had Diggs plucking them. Tua last season not only didn't have anyone to pluck them he clearly was hesitant to unleash in the first place, no matter who was on the other end. Even the touted Arizona game didn't look like much of anything when you went back and watched it with those throws in mind.

I would expect Tua to look much improved early and then the 2020 issues to surface again later in the season. That's typically the way these things pan out. But most view it the other way. Regression doesn't enter the dialog at all. If Tua looks like his old college self early then we'll be greeted with projections of up, up and away.

BTW, are we really condemning PFF for waiting until these guys play a down in the NFL? Are we that limited? Trevor Lawrence can't be ranked, or should be ranked below the certified stiffs? Hilarious. It reminds me of early season college football when some geniuses rank teams based solely on those who have already played: "I've got Houston 5th in my power ratings. Look at what they did to BYU and UCLA."

That's nice. I'll take my chances on supreme talent level, even if rested.

Tua just got do what he need do. Get better in certain area..I don't want game managers. released ball quicker, deep ball and medium range pass. Tua will have better record again but other qb in 2020 draft might have better stat..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom