Pff Ranking Of The Top 2018/2019 Qbs

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Vaark, Apr 29, 2019.

1. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

We'll never know, but there's a very strong possibility he would have ended up in NE if we didn't trade for him.

They had a ton of picks and a need for a talented young QB on a very cheap deal, for that alone is was smart of Grier to get him, then you consider the low cap cost and the fact we turned our 2nd into a 2020 2nd and him.

Brilliant move, and I didn't even like Rosen lol, but the talent is there and he's a promising young QB (which this team sorely needs as well as NE).

lurking and BobDole like this.
  2. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I've seen those absurd explanations. Rosen cost the fins a 2nd and a 5th. The Saints trade does not parlay into it like some of you seem to think it does. That's just you guys trying to minimize risk and maximize value ... do what you want but don't expect me to fall for faulty logic.

Daytona Fin likes this.
  3. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

That would make me feel much better about the value of the trade. Can't wait to read something about it from someone in the know.

All about value for me. Always is.

4. meatpardle

meatpardle Well-Known Member

It did, he was valued at the 10th pick, now valued at the 62nd plus a fifth next year. If we gave Arizona what he cost them then I'd understand your argument.

New England and San Diego are the two most often mentioned, both pre- and post-draft. Both took QBs later in the draft, and NE were mentioned in an MMQB piece as being part of a discussion between Rosen's agent and Steve Keim. Would they have taken him? Could we have stayed the course and offered a third? Who knows.

TannDaMan17 likes this.
  5. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

It's common sense...

Rosen is a cheap asset cap wise with high potential at the most important position, NE would be foolish not to be interested with Brady's age, and I'm pretty sure they aren't foolish.

Now if someone like DK Metcalf goes on to have a HoF career and Rosen sucks for us it's a bad trade in hindsight, but you've gotta take that risk when the best QB on your roster is an old man who likes to eat cake a lil too much lol.

6. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Well aren't we literal. :lol:

I'm trying to find an example of a team giving up so much for a 2nd year QB coming off such a brutal season with the new guy already there. That's where the bidding for his services thing came in. I will check out the article, thanks.

7. NCFINFAN13

NCFINFAN13 The Phinsuckery Continues Finheaven VIP Donator

That horse is in our barn. Value, ifs, should haves, maybes... ain't worth a lick at this point. We gotta see what that horse will do on the track. Until then, he seems like a good kid, with a great opportunity ahead of him.

8. GUH-sick-EE

GUH-sick-EE Well-Known Member

Pretending like we didn't trade back in the second SPECIFICALLY to devalue the Cards 2nd round demand while at the same time giving us more capital for the draft we really care about is equally absurd. That's just haters trying to minimize the value. The only faulty logic here is assuming one would've happened without the other.

Regardless, the fact that we turned our 2019 2nd into a 2020 2nd AND Josh Rosen isn't up for debate.

9. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

You have to change your screen name ... will continue debate immediately thereafter.

10. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

Hi, this is 1996 calling. Your screen name's ***-whupping and the word "debate" from that year's election make this statement tremendously ironic. ;)

Spiff and TannDaMan17 like this.
  11. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat Finheaven VIP

12. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I didn't pretend that didn't happen. I am fully aware of every draft day trade and their implications. I'm just not conflating things that aren't related. For example, NO still trades for McCoy regardless of what we're planning on doing with Rosen. So they do happen without each other ... no faulty logic on my end.

You're right, that last statement isn't up for debate. But that's a lame attempt of assuming every 2nd round pick has equal value. Come on now ...

13. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Well, if I created it in 1997 and was debating politics, you might be on to something. :lol:

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    The Goat likes this.
  14. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

Of course you can look at it like that. Facts are we gave up the 62nd in the 2019 NFL Draft pick & and a 2020 5th round for Josh Rosen and that 62nd pick is a pick in the 2nd round. I mean I understand why people choose to look at it from your POV and if they do good for them but for people who look at it in the literal terms that makes sense too.

BobDole likes this.
  15. TannDaMan17

TannDaMan17 A True Fan

Naw, Ryan Tannehill is the best QB this team has had since Marino (and thus the best Dolphins QB I've truly seen in my lifetime), he will go on to have better success much like Jeff Ireland who was also scapegoated.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Travis34 and BobDole like this.