Pff Ranking Of The Top 2018/2019 Qbs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff Ranking Of The Top 2018/2019 Qbs

Naw, Ryan Tannehill is the best QB this team has had since Marino (and thus the best Dolphins QB I've truly seen in my lifetime), he will go on to have better success much like Jeff Ireland who was also scapegoated.

I don't agree but admire the confidence in your beliefs.

Threads like this are funny. The fins made a move that was universally liked in the sports world - very rare. And yet, for the 3% of people who are upset about it on here, there needs to be a thread and a fight for the death about it.

Move along y'all, there are more important topics to debate... like our uniforms, of course.

I've seen those absurd explanations. Rosen cost the fins a 2nd and a 5th. The Saints trade does not parlay into it like some of you seem to think it does. That's just you guys trying to minimize risk and maximize value ... do what you want but don't expect me to fall for faulty logic.

I have to disagree with you Bob on this one. Back in the draft day thread I stated it was a
rather brilliant move to discount the R2 for Rosen via the New Orleans trade -- which snatched us
an R2 in '20 and thus "effectively" replaced (i.e., deferred) the R2 for Rosen -- allowing us to grab him
with a (net net) 4th to 6th swap with the Saints + an R5 in '20 to the Cards! There's nothing hocus
pocus about that. The R2 trade down was really excellent (specifically as an executed strategy to
land Rosen)
and took all the sting out of the "value reconciliation" perceived at #48.

I'm all about keeping these dudes (Grier and Flores) accountable but for frogs snakes you also
have to give some credit when its due.

I was VERY against giving up #48 clean for Rosen -- but as soon as I saw the details of that trade
it was absolutely obvious to me what the maneuver was all about -- and at least for me it was
impressive...

Of course the ultimate verdict is still out but we haven't made those kind of smart moves a lot
in the recent past.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

I have to disagree with you Bob on this one. Back in the draft day thread I stated it was a
rather brilliant move to discount the R2 for Rosen via the New Orleans trade -- which snatched us
an R2 in '20 and thus "effectively" replaced (i.e., deferred) the R2 for Rosen -- allowing us to grab him
with a (net net) 4th to 6th swap with the Saints + an R5 in '20 to the Cards! There's nothing hocus
pocus about that. The R2 trade down was really excellent (specifically as an executed strategy to
land Rosen)
and took all the sting out of the "value reconciliation" perceived at #48.

I'm all about keeping these dudes (Grier and Flores) accountable but for frogs snakes you also
have to give some credit when its due.

I was VERY against giving up #48 clean for Rosen -- but as soon as I saw the details of that trade
it was absolutely obvious to me what the maneuver was all about -- and at least for me it was
impressive...

Of course the ultimate verdict is still out but we haven't made those kind of smart moves a lot
in the recent past.

My opinion. Of course.

BNF

I get the details and why it was done. The Cards had their hearts set on a 2nd and the fins on Rosen. I would just like to know what leverage they had to get that 2nd ... we probably never will but I tend to think Rosen's value should've fallen off a cliff after his first season and the Cards taking a QB #1 overall.

I guess I'll just assume NE was in on it and driving up the price.

Rosen was a good get at a decent price. Not the end of the world. I just disagree about the perceived value of the trade. (The details are written in stone and not open to interpretation ... he cost a 2nd and 5th.)

I get the details and why it was done. The Cards had their hearts set on a 2nd and the fins on Rosen. I would just like to know what leverage they had to get that 2nd ... we probably never will but I tend to think Rosen's value should've fallen off a cliff after his first season and the Cards taking a QB #1 overall.

Rosen was a good get at a decent price. Not the end of the world. I just disagree about the perceived value of the trade. (The details are written in stone and not open to interpretation ... he cost a 2nd and 5th.)

A LOW 2nd.

in 2019. Yes.

But you can't honestly exclude the deferred R2 in '20 while including the R5.

It's just not an accurate representation of the net-net value/cost of the acquisition.

Anyway...

:)

A LOW 2nd.

Me wanting McCoy at 48 probably plays into this as he would've boosted Rosen's chances of getting this right and I thought Dieter was a reach in the 3rd, but as long as the interior oline doesn't get him killed, whatever.

in 2019. Yes.

But you can't honestly exclude the deferred R2 in '20 while including the R5.

It's just not an accurate representation of the net-net value/cost of the acquisition.

Anyway...

:)

I absolutely can exclude that because it was a separate trade with a different team. The fins got a late 2nd from the Saints and the Cards got a 5th as a part of the Rosen deal. This faulty logic leads to people saying "there's no risk because it's like he only cost a 5th rd pick" ... which is incorrect and the entire basis for why I am in disagreement about the perceived value of this trade.

I absolutely can exclude that because it was a separate trade with a different team. The fins got a late 2nd from the Saints and the Cards got a 5th as a part of the Rosen deal. This faulty logic leads to people saying "there's no risk because it's like he only cost a 5th rd pick" ... which is incorrect and the entire basis for why I am in disagreement about the perceived value of this trade.

OK Bob.

A series of events are never connected.

The trade with New Orleans was why we traded for Rosen, without it Josh Rosen is a Pat. They didn't want to give a high second for him.

I get it. I totally understand why they made the move to the back end of the 2nd to get their guy and keep a 2nd next year to mitigate the risk. I am in total understanding of what happened.

But riddle me this. The Dolphins traded to the back end of the 2nd with the Chiefs and Seahawks rounding it out. If the Pats or Chargers were also in negotiations for Rosen for a 2nd, why wouldn't the Cards trade with them after we made the Saints trade where they would receive a worse 2nd round pick?

I think the Cards told the fins that they would keep Rosen unless they received a 2nd round pick. I think the fins still liked the player and value and blinked first. My stupid opinion at least.

I like McCoy too but all things equal, you always take the QB ahead of a center. The center position is the 2nd most important position for the O-line.......a QB is the most important position for a football team. The impact a QB makes is way way bigger than that of a center.

I don't agree but admire the confidence in your beliefs.

I'm going to throw this out there, but I've been thinking about this lately, and I'm starting to wonder if Jeff Ireland was only mildly retarded, and not really responsible for the full retardation we've seen from the Dolphins since the year 2000.

Back
Top Bottom