Pff Ranking Of The Top 2018/2019 Qbs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff Ranking Of The Top 2018/2019 Qbs

Apparently a 2nd and a 5th is nothing value now. Who knew?

I know value is relative to how the player turns out but I disagree with the notion that the fins got some bargain basement deal here. If Rosen sat last year with an injury, sure. But he didn't. And was absolutely dreadfully terrible. His *value* should've taken a considerable hit.

Who else was in the bidding for his services again? That seems like an important piece of the puzzle.

We'll never know, but there's a very strong possibility he would have ended up in NE if we didn't trade for him.

They had a ton of picks and a need for a talented young QB on a very cheap deal, for that alone is was smart of Grier to get him, then you consider the low cap cost and the fact we turned our 2nd into a 2020 2nd and him.

Brilliant move, and I didn't even like Rosen lol, but the talent is there and he's a promising young QB (which this team sorely needs as well as NE).

It’s not a 2nd and a 5th, for the 456,764th time.... you can’t look at it like that as we got a 2nd rounder as well

I've seen those absurd explanations. Rosen cost the fins a 2nd and a 5th. The Saints trade does not parlay into it like some of you seem to think it does. That's just you guys trying to minimize risk and maximize value ... do what you want but don't expect me to fall for faulty logic.

We'll never know, but there's a very strong possibility he would have ended up in NE if we didn't trade for him.

They had a ton of picks and a need for a talented young QB on a very cheap deal, for that alone is was smart of Grier to get him, then you consider the low cap cost and the fact we turned our 2nd into a 2020 2nd and him.

Brilliant move, and I didn't even like Rosen lol, but the talent is there and he's a promising young QB (which this team sorely needs as well as NE).

That would make me feel much better about the value of the trade. Can't wait to read something about it from someone in the know.

All about value for me. Always is.

Apparently a 2nd and a 5th is nothing value now. Who knew?

I know value is relative to how the player turns out but I disagree with the notion that the fins got some bargain basement deal here. If Rosen sat last year with an injury, sure. But he didn't. And was absolutely dreadfully terrible. His *value* should've taken a considerable hit.
It did, he was valued at the 10th pick, now valued at the 62nd plus a fifth next year. If we gave Arizona what he cost them then I'd understand your argument.

Who else was in the bidding for his services again? That seems like an important piece of the puzzle.
New England and San Diego are the two most often mentioned, both pre- and post-draft. Both took QBs later in the draft, and NE were mentioned in an MMQB piece as being part of a discussion between Rosen's agent and Steve Keim. Would they have taken him? Could we have stayed the course and offered a third? Who knows.

That would make me feel much better about the value of the trade. Can't wait to read something about it from someone in the know.

All about value for me. Always is.

It's common sense...

Rosen is a cheap asset cap wise with high potential at the most important position, NE would be foolish not to be interested with Brady's age, and I'm pretty sure they aren't foolish.

Now if someone like DK Metcalf goes on to have a HoF career and Rosen sucks for us it's a bad trade in hindsight, but you've gotta take that risk when the best QB on your roster is an old man who likes to eat cake a lil too much lol.

It did, he was valued at the 10th pick, now valued at the 62nd plus a fifth next year. If we gave Arizona what he cost them then I'd understand your argument.

New England and San Diego are the two most often mentioned, both pre- and post-draft. Both took QBs later in the draft, and NE were mentioned in an MMQB piece as being part of a discussion between Rosen's agent and Steve Keim. Would they have taken him? Could we have stayed the course and offered a third? Who knows.

Well aren't we literal. :lol:

I'm trying to find an example of a team giving up so much for a 2nd year QB coming off such a brutal season with the new guy already there. That's where the bidding for his services thing came in. I will check out the article, thanks.

That horse is in our barn. Value, ifs, should haves, maybes... ain't worth a lick at this point. We gotta see what that horse will do on the track. Until then, he seems like a good kid, with a great opportunity ahead of him.

I've seen those absurd explanations. Rosen cost the fins a 2nd and a 5th. The Saints trade does not parlay into it like some of you seem to think it does. That's just you guys trying to minimize risk and maximize value ... do what you want but don't expect me to fall for faulty logic.
Pretending like we didn't trade back in the second SPECIFICALLY to devalue the Cards 2nd round demand while at the same time giving us more capital for the draft we really care about is equally absurd. That's just haters trying to minimize the value. The only faulty logic here is assuming one would've happened without the other.

Regardless, the fact that we turned our 2019 2nd into a 2020 2nd AND Josh Rosen isn't up for debate.

It's common sense...

Rosen is a cheap asset cap wise with high potential at the most important position, NE would be foolish not to be interested with Brady's age, and I'm pretty sure they aren't foolish.

Now if someone like DK Metcalf goes on to have a HoF career and Rosen sucks for us it's a bad trade in hindsight, but you've gotta take that risk when the best QB on your roster is an old man who likes to eat cake a lil too much lol.

You have to change your screen name ... will continue debate immediately thereafter.

Oh, I'm excited with the direction of the team... but the threads... always suck. This one included.

90% of you hate on PFT but if the stat is in our favor its worth posting? And this is a pretty stupid stat. hah

Pretending like we didn't trade back in the second SPECIFICALLY to devalue the Cards 2nd round demand while at the same time giving us more capital for the draft we really care about is equally absurd. That's just haters trying to minimize the value. The only faulty logic here is assuming one would've happened without the other.

Regardless, the fact that we turned our 2019 2nd into a 2020 2nd AND Josh Rosen isn't up for debate.

I didn't pretend that didn't happen. I am fully aware of every draft day trade and their implications. I'm just not conflating things that aren't related. For example, NO still trades for McCoy regardless of what we're planning on doing with Rosen. So they do happen without each other ... no faulty logic on my end.

You're right, that last statement isn't up for debate. But that's a lame attempt of assuming every 2nd round pick has equal value. Come on now ...

Hi, this is 1996 calling. Your screen name's ***-whupping and the word "debate" from that year's election make this statement tremendously ironic. ;)

Well, if I created it in 1997 and was debating politics, you might be on to something. :lol:

Last edited:
It’s not a 2nd and a 5th, for the 456,764th time.... you can’t look at it like that as we got a 2nd rounder as well

Of course you can look at it like that. Facts are we gave up the 62nd in the 2019 NFL Draft pick & and a 2020 5th round for Josh Rosen and that 62nd pick is a pick in the 2nd round. I mean I understand why people choose to look at it from your POV and if they do good for them but for people who look at it in the literal terms that makes sense too.

You have to change your screen name ... will continue debate immediately thereafter.

Naw, Ryan Tannehill is the best QB this team has had since Marino (and thus the best Dolphins QB I've truly seen in my lifetime), he will go on to have better success much like Jeff Ireland who was also scapegoated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom