PFF rates the 2021 draft position groups | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF rates the 2021 draft position groups

I've seen Trevor Lawrence look very average at times. Other than that he's Peyton Manning!
It's the Rory McIlroy factor. If the game evolves to favor the driver, Lawrence is awesome. If the driver is negated and all the little stuff matters, Lawrence can struggle.

But you take that combo every time. That's why it was long obvious that Urban Meyer would hitch his NFL fortunes to Trevor Lawrence, otherwise he would stay away from the game. Meyer understands the vital booster rocket above normal expectancy. He's like a legal version of Billy Walters in that regard. I never saw Billy Walters do anything without twisting the odds in his favor. Finally he's where he belongs.

Is this really a great quarterback class? Lawrence seems like a consensus franchise quarterback, but I think a lot of question marks after him.

The wide receiver class could be phenomenal.
Phenomenal wide receiver is worth a pittance compared to a swing at a potentially great quarterback. Chris Grier doesn't seem to understand that.

Wide receivers are loaded every year. If you look at high school recruiting it's going to remain that way. Every year there are more guys with make it grades than spots for them. I didn't really follow college football in 2020 but I guarantee there will be freakish receivers in the 2022 draft. The Ohio State kids come to mind. Plus the Clemson kid if he's healthy.

I think Miami was, behind the scenes, very quietly trying to make a deal for DeShaun Watson. I have no idea how far along they got but I have no doubt they would have been players in a Watson sweep steaks. This legal trouble that fell out of the sky and landed on Watson's head is awfully insane timing. This guy has mouthed off that he has to get out of Houston and he refuses to play there. So the attorney that lived next door to Houston's owner makes a ton of trouble for him that weakens his position down to circus lemonade, circus lemonade is famously weak, get it! Meanwhile, can you just imagine some of the conversations between Watson, his lawyer and his agent? They must be classic!! I don't know any of these girls!!!! Can't you guys stop this?? Why is this happening to me?? I just wanted a happy ending like everybody else!!

I don't like to see anyone get in trouble but if he did wrong he deserves it. The thing is that he's been proven guilty of nothing and despite that, the man's life is in wreckage and his opportunity to cash in and leave Houston seems out the window until this legal problem concludes. All of this suits me fine. I don't want Watson anywhere near the AFC East unless it's as a Dolphin. The true nightmare scenario would be Watson to the Patriots. I am all in on Tua and believe we have the right QB. He hasn't proved it on the field in the pros yet but he will.

Meanwhile, Watson is facing 21 separate lawsuits and is being called a "serial predator." The NFL opened an investigation into Watson on 3/18/21. His career could easily be over. His reputation is forever tainted and jail could be in his future plus massive fines.

You guys who want to fight about your college teams....it’s not needed. Nobody cares. Literally nobody. it would be like me talking about my fantasy team or my brackets. NOBODY CARES,

If you’re just biased for your school’s guys, most people probably just throw away your opinion. If someone has their college team in their name and then advocate for a guy from that school, I just toss that opinion right away unless the person has a track record of even handedness. Clinical analysis is useful.
Some people care, actually.

Phenomenal wide receiver is worth a pittance compared to a swing at a potentially great quarterback. Chris Grier doesn't seem to understand that.

Wide receivers are loaded every year. If you look at high school recruiting it's going to remain that way. Every year there are more guys with make it grades than spots for them. I didn't really follow college football in 2020 but I guarantee there will be freakish receivers in the 2022 draft. The Ohio State kids come to mind. Plus the Clemson kid if he's healthy.
I get that. I would like to see Miami take someone like Davis Mills maybe in the 3rd. He could develop as a backup for Tua. I think he has potential.

Like it or not, Tua is the guy.

Lance Zierlein, the guy who does the ratings for NFL.com has released his ratings of the position groups.

Personally, I trust his ratings MUCH more than PFF as his connections are better.

1. Wide Receiver
2. Offensive Tackle
3. Interior Offensive Line
4. Edge Defender
5. Cornerback
6. Linebacker
7. Quarterback
8. Safety
9. Running Back
10. Tight End
11. Interior Defensive Line

PFF had it like this

1. Quarterback - could be 1st time ever that QBs are the first 4 players taken.
2. Offensive tackle - 7 players with 1st-rd grades, 6 more with Day 2 grades.
3. Wide receiver - 3 players with top-10 grades, 3 more in 1st round, total of 11 in top 100.
4. Interior offensive line - top 3 players this year would have topped last year's group.
5. Cornerback - 16 players in top 100, light on blue-chippers but strong on Day 2.
6. Linebacker - 3 players with 1st-rd grades, 4 more in top 100.
7. Tight end - very scarce past Kyle Pitts.
8. Edge defender - lots of physical talent but every player needs significant development.
9. Running back - 3 do-it-all starters.
10. Safety - lots of questions past Trevon Moehrig and Richie Grant.
11. Interior defensive line - weakest IDL group since PFF came into existence.

Back
Top Bottom