PFF: What Should the Dolphins do Moving Forward? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF: What Should the Dolphins do Moving Forward?

I'm sorry, but you need educate yourself with some Tua film. Literally nothing about Tua says he will be a middof the pack QB.

The only reason that some media heads started getting down on him is b/c they want to overlook that Tua's left knee (on his plant leg) was injured the entire 2nd half of the season. Something that clearly affected his velo and accuracy. Oh and he still finished the year with 43 TDs and 6 INTs despite that.

Tua will be a franchise-changing QB. And it will be for the Miami Dolphins.

I’ve seen the kid play. I still have the same opinion. You can provide all the numbers you want, but the NFL is about more than numbers. It’s about adversity, speed, playing through injury, mental toughness and football IQ. Tua has plenty of talent, but I have serious doubts in some of these areas. I will say that if Tua and Lawrence were eligible at the same time, Lawrence would be the better prospect and likely be your number one pick.

Of course, it’s all just opinion, as no one really knows how Tua will do in the NFL, or if he even makes it to the NFL. If Miami drafts him, I hope he is as good as some of you seem to think he is, but color me skeptical for now. I just don’t see any fire from the kid or passion for the game. Seems like a poor sport and a me first type of player, which typically either never reach their full potential in the NFL, or have short careers as they self destruct behaviorally. Time will tell.

Talking about Lawrence is so silly. If we are in a position to draft him in 2021 then our front office has FAILED.

Failing Forward has comd to the nfl. Look at ALL of this video and see for yourself.

Simple

Develop the young guys and use our picks wisely the next two years

This was an interesting take. I think most are missing the point they are making, though. Most seem to think it has to be Tua this year in the draft and waiting on,Lawrence is impossible

LOOK AT THIS VIDEO and you will see otherwise. I thought the same until seeing this. Josh is getting his career SABOTAGED and i hope the nflpa steps in before this becomes the norm and many kids careers are purpousley ruined for some gm's grand scheme. Josh should announce his retirement, file a grievance and if he has to sit out a year, fine. As these guys brought out, this was anything BUT a fair competition and many knew this by seeing josh's pre season progression. Anyhow, watch the whole video and see. This is not about him not getting the starting job but how he was brought here day one to fail.

Considering the other two prospects I think we are eyeing, Herbert and lawerance, haven’t been great to start their years, makes drafting tua more likely, there’s a chance that none of them end up being any good. Rosen is the insurance policy for that or that maybe we don’t finish last. I don’t want a crippling RG3 type trade either

Consensus pick last year was darnold number 1 and look at how that turned out? Interviews are a big part of the draft process for QBs. I personally don’t think top ten picks should be used on guys that don’t have the physical skills. Rosen’s weak arm had him 4th on my list and consistently said he should be drafted in the 2nd round. Look what we got him for

I'm tired of hearing how Tua is definitely going to be an elite NFL quarterback that will be our savior, and singlehandedly rescue this franchise, and make us perennial SB participants.

There is no such thing as a sure thing when drafting any player, let alone a QB.

P. Manning was close, and Tua is no Peyton.

I don't have a problem with him per say, but stop with the "can't miss" rhetoric, and be honest that it is conjecture and opinion, not FACT.

Hes aaron Rodgers in reality not the total arm strength but the feel for the pocket and throwing players open.

Back
Top Bottom