PFF: What Should the Dolphins do Moving Forward? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFF: What Should the Dolphins do Moving Forward?

I think the ONLY fear any fan should have at this point is Miami sitting with the #1 overall draft pick and decide to get cute.

Instead of picking say Tua...the decide to pick one of the other QBs or decided to trade the pick for FOUR 1st round picks or something....

I personally don't care what they do with the other picks. But you can't mess around with the QB pick...As soon as you find out you have the #1 draft pick overall. Your card should have already been written with Tua's name on it.
If Miami ends up with the number one pick I hope Tua declares.

I don't agree that RT is then the #1 priority. You can find very good RTs later in draft. If we prep Prince this year then we don't need to look any further. All our picks in rd 1 and 2 should be skilled positions only. Maybe 1 Oline pick...a starting C to anchor line.

Referring to the #1 priority on the offensive line. Not saying they have to draft one very high. Just saying if they get Tua, it'll be ideal to find his blindside blocker asap so he isn't getting blindsided often.

My opinion of the draft is to take the BPA, while looking at needs.
So, if there is a Tyron Smith tackle there at your first round pick, is the clear BPA, and fits a need, you take him. Same goes for a Zach Martin quality guard. Or a Lane Johnson etc.

After watching GB last night I respect their off-season moves. It’s only been one game, but that defense looked better than it’s been since the Favre, early Rodgers, days. I know people here are afraid to have the team spend money (like it’s their own), but I think getting some quality players for the right price in FA the next two years is key. We will have an insane amount of cap space and pretty much no players currently on the team to spend it on. Load up on talent in the next 2 drafts and surround them with vets that fit into the schemes we want to run. The Suh signing was always going to be a joke because he didn’t even fit into the defensive scheme the coaches wanted to run. Can’t pay an interior defensive lineman $20M+ a year if you don’t even plan to use him right and expect good results.

Referring to the #1 priority on the offensive line. Not saying they have to draft one very high. Just saying if they get Tua, it'll be ideal to find his blindside blocker asap so he isn't getting blindsided often.

My opinion of the draft is to take the BPA, while looking at needs.
So, if there is a Tyron Smith tackle there at your first round pick, is the clear BPA, and fits a need, you take him. Same goes for a Zach Martin quality guard. Or a Lane Johnson etc.
The guys you are naming went in the range of where I see chase young going. I take young over any Oline. My dream draft next year is tau with our first, then move up and get young. Damn I got a stiffy just typing this. Then 4 Oline with our next picks.

I still think C is the most important line position in the new O we are running. Inside out mentality.

It hurt to see us trade with the Saints and immediately see them draft McCoy. The recent moves really make me question the point of the Rosen trade. Value wise it was fine. I just think we missed out on players who would have an immediate impact (like McCoy).

It hurt to see us trade with the Saints and immediately see them draft McCoy. The recent moves really make me question the point of the Rosen trade. Value wise it was fine. I just think we missed out on players who would have an immediate impact (like McCoy).
Mccoy was absolutely my selection before the trade.

Thoughts...stop reading that draft...unless you're talking about the 3rd round.

He won’t last that long...easily a late 1st rounder, early to mid 2nd round pick.

The only thing is Rosen probably won't get a chance next year if the Dolphins draft Tua. I doubt Rosen would start ahead of Tua in 2020.
A wasted 2nd round pick...

Players we could have taken with that pick (2nd rd-62)...Juan Thornhill, Zach Allen, and Chase Winovich.

Another reminder that this tank job could turn into an episode of the Keystone Cops.

Back
Top Bottom