Pff's 2019 Nfl Offensive Line Rankings | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pff's 2019 Nfl Offensive Line Rankings

I don’t think Mills will be the starting RT. But yes this line is bad and our backups are AAF talent. Sterup is the primary tackle back up and he is really bad. Hope we pick up a cut or two

If Fitzpatrick does a decent job behind this oline and Rosen cant move the ball we will have our answer for 2020.

As bad as our line was some people think. we still had chance make playoff almost every yr. Wonder how that happens??? I dont think our OL is main issue. I think players need stay healthy and they need learn thier blocking assignment once other starter get hurt. We still closed to 500 record team. Some of sack were thill17 as well.

To be fair, we made the playoffs and barely missed the playoffs during that time span as well. A 500 team is 8 and 8... Do a little better and you are 10 and 6.

It's safe to say our OL is still a significant ? but "rankings" before the season starts,
let alone TC/preseason is nonsense. The ex Bills RT looks like garbage so far
which makes it unlikely he secures that spot. We also have a lot of "youth" to
experiment with -- so we have to hope we benefit from a few positive
developments...

That said, if the OL is destined to be weak yet again -- I'd rather roll with
the young dudes and hope for development...

Last edited:
It's safe to say our OL is still a significant ? but "rankings" before the season starts,
let alone TC/preseason is nonsense. The ex Bills RT looks like garbage so far
which makes it unlikely he secures that spot. We also have a lot of "youth" to
experiment with -- so we have to hope we benefit from a few positive
developments...

That said, if the OL is destined to be weak yet again -- I'd rather go roll with
the young dudes and hope for development...

Right now, I think the best fans can say is Tunsil is top quarter of LT, Deiter SHOULD play well, and Kilgore is average. Actually, not much, if any, worse than a number of teams. The focus, though is on RG/RT. No fan can be optimistic for those two positions at this point. THat's not to say they WILL be bad - only that there isn't much indicating they're good. If only one of those two positions turns out to be average, I'll consider that a significant improvement over '18. The result of good coaching remains to be seen. Depth? I doubt any NFL team has depth beyond 2-3 guys. I don't see that much so far.

Right now, I think the best fans can say is Tunsil is top quarter of LT, Deiter SHOULD play well, and Kilgore is average. Actually, not much, if any, worse than a number of teams. The focus, though is on RG/RT. No fan can be optimistic for those two positions at this point. THat's not to say they WILL be bad - only that there isn't much indicating they're good. If only one of those two positions turns out to be average, I'll consider that a significant improvement over '18. The result of good coaching remains to be seen. Depth? I doubt any NFL team has depth beyond 2-3 guys. I don't see that much so far.

Right now I am "optimistic" (albeit cautiously) we can field a functional RG/RT combo that will
compete for "average" in terms of overall efficiency and effectiveness. Pretty sure the R side will
be aided via TE and also slant the new FB in that direction.

I'm just glad we've loaded up with youth and stopped the insanity of plugging the OL with has beens.

Sure, we might be in for a rocky start but I get the feeling (again, optimistically) we'll be much further along
by the 2nd half of the season...

If not.

Doesn't matter!

I think we'll be a bit better this year. I have faith in Michael Deiter, and if Tunsil plays as well as last year (big if), then we'll have a good left side. Kilgore is serviceable in the middle, and we're unknown on the right, but not devoid of talent.

Without James at RT I don't see how we're better.

And we are absolutely devoid of talent on the right side.

Right now I am "optimistic" (albeit cautiously) we can field a functional RG/RT combo that will
compete for "average" in terms of overall efficiency and effectiveness. Pretty sure the R side will
be aided via TE and also slant the new FB in that direction.

I'm just glad we've loaded up with youth and stopped the insanity of plugging the OL with has beens.

Sure, we might be in for a rocky start but I get the feeling (again, optimistically) we'll be much further along
by the 2nd half of the season...

If not.

Doesn't matter!

Peak offseason when we're discussing pre-season offensive line rankings.

Without James at RT I don't see how we're better.

And we are absolutely devoid of talent on the right side.

While I'm also concerned about the right side, I don't think anyone can say "devoid" as an absolute. 'Undetermined' maybe. 'No one knows yet.' I'll even take 'no viable replacements so far.' But no one knows in absolute terms.

Back
Top Bottom