Pft-chargers-niners Talking Trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft-chargers-niners Talking Trade?

YPF

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
CHARGERS-NINERS TALKING TRADE?

We've heard rumblings from the Bay Area that the San Francisco 49ers could be trying to pry away from the Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers, in exchange for the No. 1 pick in the 2005 draft.
We've yet to substantiate this one via any sources with actual knowledge of the discussions, but the rumor is "out there" -- and some might think that it really is "out there."
The Chargers, if interested in making the move, most likely would select receiver Braylon Edwards or receiver Mike Williams with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, since the team has no need for a top-shelf quarterback or an elite running back.
If the 49ers' are indeed interested in making such a move, it's hardly a glowing endorsement for Aaron Rodgers and Alex Smith, the top two quarterback prospects this year -- and it could mean that, if the 49ers use the pick, they'll go in a different direction.

That would be an interesting trade of whom who will be involved in.

i thought we were boycotting PFT...............in any event its garbage anyway...both the article AND the trade idea...the number ONE over all for RIVERS????try adding both first rounders from the chargers...now that would make the deal happen

WOw, that would give the CHargers 3 first round picks, not to mention the first overall. I dont know that I think RIvers is better than both Rodgers and Smith. He has some major problems with his mechanics, even though I am sure he worked on those a lot this past year. If I were the chargers I would do it, and if I were the niners I would not.

i could see San Fran doing that to get Rivers, but why do that when they can just spend their pick on Smith or Rodgers?

secondly, if san diego does get san fran's first overall pick, they would almost definitely trade down, as they don't need ANOTHER qb...

and i don't see them getting rid of rivers just yet - they are waiting to see if brees' year last year was a fluke or if he really is their QB of the future..

The cap implications would be mind boggling.If they were going to do it they should have done it before the deadline when the cap imolications would have been less.Can you imagine paying bonuses for three first round picks :shakeno: .I think its a smokescreen.

Yeah...that makes a lot of sense. The Chargers will eat the cost of Rivers' pro-rated bonus plus take on the contracts of three 1st rounders - including the 1st overall pick. That will not happen.

CrunchTime said:
The cap implications would be mind boggling.If they were going to do it they should have done it before the deadline when the cap imolications would have been less.Can you imagine paying bonuses for three first round picks :shakeno: .I think its a smokescreen.

No, it's not even a smokescreen... it's complete BS that PFT pulled out of their @ss just like every other "story" they get from their "sources."

PhinSoldia said:
i thought we were boycotting PFT...............in any event its garbage anyway...both the article AND the trade idea...the number ONE over all for RIVERS????try adding both first rounders from the chargers...now that would make the deal happen
i disagree, and i actually think we shoudl trade our #2 for rivers and one of their 1st rounders, with which we can select a rb or mark claytgon who i love...

sounds like a great trade for the both of them. If i were the chargers i'd do my best to move one of those qbs as soon as possible. Because it's clear they wont be keeping both qbs...

Moving rivers for the 1st overall is an excellent move. Only if i were the chargers id want a later round pick aswell. Possibly a 5th or 6th.

One4theThumb said:
i disagree, and i actually think we shoudl trade our #2 for rivers and one of their 1st rounders, with which we can select a rb or mark claytgon who i love...

wtf rivers aint that great folks hes a product of a strong senior bowl/combine/pro day

Wasnt that amazing in college...I like Smith better

Buddwalk said:
wtf rivers aint that great folks hes a product of a strong senior bowl/combine/pro day

Wasnt that amazing in college...I like Smith better

You're not really serious are you? Rivers is way better than Smith and Rodgers and on top of that he's cap friendly to anyone taking him. This trade is so not true but saying Smith is better is really questionable.

if i was SF id give them the number 1 for rivers and their higher 1st round pick... but i dont know how his bonus works, im sure its massive and would **** up their cap... but i know SD has plenty of cap room...

Back
Top Bottom