Pft-chargers-niners Talking Trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft-chargers-niners Talking Trade?

It actually makes a lot of sense from SF's perspective. Rivers hasnt played much but he has gotten a year of NFL mentoring and has had a year to work on some mechanics + learn a pro style offense.

probably SD's first two 1st rounders and rivers for niner's 1st pick and second

Even though I think its bull crap,SD could manage the cap hit and signing all those picks easily, they have about 16 million in cap room, its sick how some big teams are just gonna get WAY better the few following seasons, the Eagles have 5 day 1 picks,the Chargers have sick cap room and 2 first rounders plus whatever they get next season for either QB they decide to move, actually I can forsee the Chargers having a SB winning season soon, real soon 2 seasons away maybe.

How about since Saban and Rivers both have the same agent in Jimmy Sexton, Sexton starts making some noise that Rivers wants a trade if he doesn't start for them in 05'. Rivers says he wants to play for Miami and not the 49ers and he has no intentions to even show up for camp if they don't trade him. Miami sends the #2 overall to SD or even better next years 1st rd pick and we send A.J. Stupid back to Philly for a ziplock bag filled with dirt and dead grass.

Ahh if life were like my dreams I might actually enojoy it.

PFT up to crap again....its from numerous boards...Rumor doesnt make sense.

Heres an equation:

Release of Flutie = Rivers and Brees staying....at least for 05.

Rivers is not, I repeat, not going anywhere.

chargergirl said:
You're not really serious are you? Rivers is way better than Smith and Rodgers and on top of that he's cap friendly to anyone taking him. This trade is so not true but saying Smith is better is really questionable.
At an NFL level those three aren't comparable yet. I liked Rivers coming out, but to say that based on were they were/are when coming out of college that Rivers is WAY better. I just think you are being a BIG homer. Rivers did nothing amazing in college, he was very solid, but so were the other 2.

Wasnt that amazing in college...I like Smith better

You better check Rivers stats in college before you say something like that.

Trust me.

texasPHINSfan said:
i could see San Fran doing that to get Rivers, but why do that when they can just spend their pick on Smith or Rodgers?

San Fransico is on to something, like i've been trying to tell you knuckleheads.
Rodgers and Smith SUCK. Rodgers played one freaking year under Teford in a crappy conference and Smith is a weak armed twig who played crap teams every week. I'd take Rivers over those two clowns every day of the week.

It can't be straightup, there's just no way. It's gotta be the 1 for Rivers and the 12. That makes great sense value wise if you still consider Rivers worth the 4th overall pick, which most don't(draft value is strongest when your a rookie). Although most including me would say that the draft value chart may not apply this year, the 4th overall+12th actually make the 1st overall value perfectly at 3000. I would think however S.D. makes S.F. include another pick possibly a 2, or a 3 and 5 to make it sensible.

If I were Miami I'd give up the #2 overall for the 12th and Rivers, plus I'd quickly make a deal to get another 2nd rounder from the Chiefs. Then I'd send that to S.D. and we'd have lunch.

That gives basically

1- Rivers (if you want to count it that way)
1- Best Defensive Player if Benson is not there, let's just say Shawne Merriman
3- Luis Castillo
4- Andre Maddox
5- DE/OLB
7- Hell I dono a MLB?

"Rodgers played one freaking year under Teford in a crappy conference and Smith is a weak armed twig who played crap teams every week." (Cheapshotz)

It's "Tedford" and don't forget that the "Crappy Conference" won the National Championship, convincingly, last year and showed well in most of its bowl games. The Pac-10 is consistently chumped by NCAA voters because our games come on after too many of them have already voted and passed out. Also, there is a high level of competition throughout the conference making it more difficult for good teams to be dominant. Pac-10 QB's are always highly regarded (true some of them fail (Leaf) some do not (Elway, Fouts)) because out here on the Best Coast (now don't y'all move out here, now) we know how to throw the football!

:fire: :evil: :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom