PFT: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross: “Losing settles in, you get used to it” | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Dolphins owner Stephen Ross: “Losing settles in, you get used to it”

FinsBR

Dolfan from São Paulo - Brazil
Reaction score
Good sign, right?

[h=1]Dolphins owner Stephen Ross: “Losing settles in, you get used to it”[/h]
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 30, 2011, 7:33 AM EDT

Dolphins owner Stephen Ross is denying that he has contacted any coaches to replace Tony Sparano. But he acknowledges that he’s deeply concerned about the way a losing culture has seeped into his franchise.Asked by the South Florida Sun-Sentinel which loss this season has been the toughest on him, Ross said that losing was hardest at the beginning of the season and has now become the norm. And he doesn’t like that.“The first one. New England. You’ve got all kinds of hope before that game. It hurt the most,” Ross said. “After a while, losing settles in. You can get used to it. I don’t like that and won’t put up with it.”Ross said he couldn’t sleep after last week’s loss to the Broncos.“That’s common Sunday nights,” he said. “And Monday, people know not to get too close to me. I haven’t been in a good mood on a Monday since this season started.”If nothing else, it’s a good sign for Dolphins fans that Ross isn’t so used to losing that he sleeps well afterward.

I like PFT, but the title is so misleading when you read the text. Disappointing on their part.

Just need to lose a few more and it will be worth every loss. Suck 4 Luck

Not sure what you are implying but what I interpret from that statement is the following. He was asked which this season has been toughest on him. He replied that the first one, New England. I don't he meant that you can get used to it as in letting losing become acceptable.

Not sure what you are implying but what I interpret from that statement is the following. He was asked which this season has been toughest on him. He replied that the first one, New England. I don't he meant that you can get used to it as in letting losing become acceptable.

I agree with you...I got no issue with Ross, but PFT's title makes it sound like he is accepting losing.

Ugh... PFT zeroed in on the most out of context sentence from that interview they could to make Ross look bad. Just read the original Hyde article.

One thing I have always liked about Ross is, even though it is a business, and his business mindset could allow him to look at as a business in some instances (Gator Day for example . . . great idea to sell tickets . . . but seriously?) . . . he is a Dolphins fan, and he WANTS to get it right. That is a good trait to have in your owner. However, if he CAN get it right is another question and I hope it's one that atleast gets attempted in the offseason.

And PFT :lol: . . . whatever it takes to get hits I guess.

I am glad he made that statement. He hates losing and feels the same way most of do after a loss.
And he is right, losing does settle in. I am glad he recognizes that and is ready to reverse course in a big way.

Ugh... PFT zeroed in on the most out of context sentence from that interview they could to make Ross look bad. Just read the original Hyde article.

I read both articles, that´s why I asked if it is good sign. Roos is just as p.o. as we are.

PFT took the worst quote from the article just to make a splash...

Ross was talking about the Colts here.

Back
Top Bottom